• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you know I am a numbers guy and I love the statistics I found on this site...

The Ringer’s 2017 NBA Draft Guide

My impression is that it is poor luck that they ended up 3 rather than 2 as there is a drop off from 2 to 3 that is fairly significant. The top two guys Fultz and Ball are very impressive.

From the Sixers perspective, I think they need outside scoring more than anything else. They have the big bodies with Simmons, Embiid and Saric.

What they need is a scorer with range and that is clearly Malik Monk. He hoisted 262 3 pointers last year and made 40% of them. None of the other prospects will give you that sort of scoring. Probably not the best overall prospect, but he looks like he fits with what this team needs.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the NBA rigged the lottery so that Ball will end up in LA - I had a feeling that was going to happen.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they need is a scorer with range and that is clearly Malik Monk. He hoisted 262 3 pointers last year and made 40% of them. None of the other prospects will give you that sort of scoring. Probably not the best overall prospect, but he looks like he fits with what this team needs.

They have SG Furkan Korkmaz seasoning over in Europe who's a kid with height (6'6"+) and an excellent shooter (43-44% from 3 point land - longer range over seas than college). Was only 18 this past season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korkmaz apparently can't come over this year without a huge buyout, and Philly probably would not want him to come over yet.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is simply gifted to us. I think he's the best player in the draft, as I posted in my top 10 rankings earlier in the thread. He's also a very good fit at the 2. His competitive drive rivals that of guys like Draymond Green and Ron Artest, and IN COLLEGE he demonstrated better talent and productivity as either one of them did as freshman. That doesn't mean he will be as good as either of them, but I love the animalistic drive he has.

As a player, I compare him to a young Jimmy Butler. A long for his position 2, developing shooter, but good form, a very advanced ball handler for his age and size, elite lateral quickness, vertical explosiveness, and a shot creator for others. I think the shooting will come and he did improve demonstrably over the course of the season.

You plug this guy in at the 2 for the next decade and don't worry about the position.

I just hope that the Lakers fall under Levar's spell and take Ball. Ball is not anywhere near the talent and 2-way player Jackson is. It's just not close.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds early on that the Lakers will not pass on Ball and there is even talk that they may swap picks with the Celtics at 1 to assure him. imo we can't go wrong with either Jackson or Fox at 3. Jackson's improvement through the season last year really won me over ... the Jimmy Butler comparison is a good one. Fox on the other hand is pure lightening ... once he improves his shot a bit (which I absolutely see happening) ... he has a chance to be an every year All Star.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korkmaz apparently can't come over this year without a huge buyout, and Philly probably would not want him to come over yet.

Yeah, I have zero problem keeping him overseas for one more season while he keeps getting stronger.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft Jackson, then I would trade for Butler. I'm sure Chicago would like to get some picks since they will lose him in 2019 or after.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things will change over the next few weeks. Remember when Okafor was the consensus #1 overall pick and then KAT leapfrogged him? How about Embiid being projected #1 and then the injuries dropped him. Year before that, no consensus and Bennett went first.

Just holding on to the hope that Fultz drops to us. If not, I hope we go Smith.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how the 76ers have drafted 3rd 3 times in the last 4 years and the Lakers have drafted 2nd 3 times in the last 4 years, but only the 76ers get shit for tanking.

Yup, total fucking bullshit.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would not only have lost the pick to the Sixers this season if not in the top 3, but also next year's ... I had no doubt the league wasn't going to let that happen no matter how much I hear the Lottery is on the up and up.

On another note ... there's suggestions out there that the Celtics may want SF Jayson Tatum, but don't want to take him at 1. Ball sounds like a given at 2, so "if" it's true that they really like Tatum, the Celts could move down to 3 with the Sixers and still get him. As much as I like Fox and Jackson, Fultz would be a dream "fit" for us imo.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Okafor + 2019 SAC pick for SAC 2017 #10 pick?

We would have to take some salary back from them for that to work. I wouldn't have any opposition however in using that pick from Sacramento and combining it with our own pick in 2018 to move back into this year's draft at around pick 8 or 9 (we would still have the Lakers pick left). Hell, we also have 4 2nd rounders if need be this year to sweeten the deal.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell no, that 2019 pick could be very high indeed. Like #1 overall. The Kings have a crap roster and they just lost a top 3 pick to us due to agreeing to a pick swap.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trading either SAC19 or LAL18 for anything. Given Embiid's health situation and some big big time big men prospects in both drafts, it gives us optionality in the worst case scenario of Embiid never staying healthy.

I'm not trading either of them for a low lottery pick in this draft to get a "fit" guy.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Okafor and #3 for SAC #5 and #10?

At #5, pick whoever is left from Ball, Josh Jackson, Fox, and Markkanen. (and I guess Tatum, but I have those 4 ahead of him).

At #10, pick whoever is left from Monk, Isaac, Dennis Smith, and Ntilikina.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things will change over the next few weeks. Remember when Okafor was the consensus #1 overall pick and then KAT leapfrogged him? How about Embiid being projected #1 and then the injuries dropped him. Year before that, no consensus and Bennett went first.

Just holding on to the hope that Fultz drops to us. If not, I hope we go Smith.

Smith is, IMO,. too small. Fultz or Jackson, and sign a SG to pair with Ben.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not moving from that 3rd pick unless it's up to 1. I see 4 guys in this draft with the "potential" to be superstars and they are Fultz, Ball, Jackson and Fox. I see a handful of guys after that with good starter potential, but a drop off from those top 4. I think Jayson Tatum's lack of athleticism and average speed/quickness will limit his ceiling at the pro level. Dennis Smith is close as he has the ability to beat anyone off the dribble and is very explosive, but he doesn't do much on the Defensive end and is inconsistent with his outside game. Isaac and Markkanen are tall guys who can shoot, but they are more solid, complimentary players as opposed to staple guys. Monk can fill it up from outside and has explosive hops, but at a skinny 6'4" with below average D he may be over matched at the 2 once in the pros.

If I had to bet I think the pick will be Josh Jackson who has the tools to play the 2 or the 3 and even some 4 if need be. Really impressed on how he was able to improve his shot as the year went on. That bodes well for continued improvement on that shot as he matures. I also see him developing into an excellent Defensive player with elite athleticism. Simmons will fill up the assist sheet feeding Jackson from the jump.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trading either SAC19 or LAL18 for anything. Given Embiid's health situation and some big big time big men prospects in both drafts, it gives us optionality in the worst case scenario of Embiid never staying healthy.

I'm not trading either of them for a low lottery pick in this draft to get a "fit" guy.

How about trading PHI18 or PHI19?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about flipping Okafor for D'Angelo Russell now since the Lakers will most likely take PG Lo Ball at 2? We can even throw in 1 or 2 of our four 2nd round picks if needed.