• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Philly Sixers Draft

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a crushing blow for Hinkie, make no mistake. He will be fired in another year. His plan has failed because the lottery balls didn't bounce his way. He tanked on purpose and still failed. How sad.

Iggy, you are turning into a constant negative fan. You are corect abut the lottery balls, and so on, but if you are a fan, then you have to root for the team and managers, coaches, etc., to do what they can to win. That's what a fan does. That said, we hope that they will come up with a good PG, and a shooter before the season starts.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a crushing blow for Hinkie, make no mistake. He will be fired in another year. His plan has failed because the lottery balls didn't bounce his way. He tanked on purpose and still failed. How sad.

They gave the Cavs the first pick lats year, WTF did you want? Hinkie's not getting fired by this ownership. He's playing the hand as well as he can.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing the hand he has been dealt, true. But when he decided to tank he surely thought he would get the first overall pick once or twice. So far, it has happened zero times, and the players he has drafted have not been great. Okafor may actually turn out to be the best one, but the Hinkie tank is years away from producing a decent team. Hinkie does have multiple first rounders coming in future years from Miami, OKC, the LA Lakers, etc. But none of those look like they will be high lottery picks at this stage.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to have the #1 pick - just a very high pick. There are some real good studs coming out, so whether we the #1 or #5, etc., we will get good players. There is also the possibility of using some of the picks as trading chips. The message is just be a fan, and root for them to succeed. I know you are a fan, but just try to be optimistic that we will win. Some day, we will because we have a plan, as does Chip, and Hextall, but sorry to say, not the Phillies.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me I want them to succeed, the Sixers are my second favorite team behind the Eagles. But I am not feeling good about where the plan sits right now. I would have felt a lot better if they had gotten Russell, or if Embiid did not re-injure himself.

What would I have done different? Not a whole lot, at least not in terms of draft picks, given what Hinkie had to work with. He made the best player available decisions. It's just that the lottery balls didn't bounce his way. His rebuild would look a whole lot better with Wiggins and Towns.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only complaint is that Sam should have packaged the 2nd rounders to move back into late 1st round, and get a PG. I guess he doesn't just want a decent PG, but draft or trade for an all-star PG.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing the hand he has been dealt, true. But when he decided to tank he surely thought he would get the first overall pick once or twice. So far, it has happened zero times, and the players he has drafted have not been great. Okafor may actually turn out to be the best one, but the Hinkie tank is years away from producing a decent team. Hinkie does have multiple first rounders coming in future years from Miami, OKC, the LA Lakers, etc. But none of those look like they will be high lottery picks at this stage.

What was he supposed to do? Every year he's gotten the supposed #1 guy, at the spot he did end up with.

Of course you'd like to tank and end up with Kobe, but who was Kobe in any of these drafts?

There is no other plan. You can't build a team of midlevel free agents and win a championship.

The league cheated us out of Wiggins. Hinkie couldn't do anything about that either.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinkies done BPA all 3 years he's drafted. His job is safe, provided he doesn't lead a tank job this year.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only complaint is that Sam should have packaged the 2nd rounders to move back into late 1st round, and get a PG. I guess he doesn't just want a decent PG, but draft or trade for an all-star PG.
Nobody wanted those 2nd rounders this year. The 2nd round was a desert waste land. Other years you can find a gem or two.