• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Philly Sixers Draft

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to get too exited about this draft without knowing how bad Embiid is hurt. I actually like the 2 Euro's ...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Okafor @ #3. He's slow and can't defend.

Russell, or a trade down and still get Hezonja.

Okafor is more ready offensively than any big coming into the league since Duncan. That'll be worth adding to this team. Put some shooters around him and look out.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to get too exited about this draft without knowing how bad Embiid is hurt. I actually like the 2 Euro's ...

Porzingis is years and years and years away. Who knows if he can ever be physical enough for the American game.

I'm hoping Embiid in a cast was a smoke screen so no one takes the guard we want and forces us to trade for him knowing we are too loaded already at center. Maybe?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a pivotal draft for Hinkie and this franchise. He has to nail this pick

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porzingis is the type of pick that will either make Hinkie look like a genius or get him fired in two years. If he chose that guy over Russell I would be upset.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sounding like it's either Russell or Porzingis if Russell goes at 2. I like Porzingis, but no way would I take him if Okafor is sitting there at 3. I understand Okafor's free throw shooting is bad right now, but I'm not as worried about his D. I think he was told to stay out of foul trouble in college and thus not go 100% on that side of the ball.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big knock on Okafor is that he is kind of fat and lazy and doesn't even pretend to play defense. People think he will be abused on pick and rolls for his whole career. He also has skills that simply put are not as important in the NBA as they used to be, namely low post moves.

He could be a star on the offensive end for sure though under the right coach.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could also trade back and take either Winslow or Hezonja in the 6 to 10 range?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor is they want to keep this pick but trade some of their huge stockpile of second rounders to get the 23rd overall pick from the Trailblazers. So they may get two firsts but a different way. Sadly they reportedly covet an injured guy, UNLV guard Rashard Vaughn, for that 23rd selection. Hinkie loves his injured guys more than Chip.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy we ended up with Okafor ... I never expected the Lakers to pass on him. I don't think Russell will be anything special like many others do. As I've said earlier, good passer and nice outside shot, but I think he will struggle with his lack of athleticism in breaking pro defenders down. I think he'll be a decent player and produce #'s similar to Mike Conley ... solid, but not superstarish'.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was wrong. I hope that he blossoms and becomes an all star.

I hate L.A.!!!!

Let's see what trades Sam makes. They don't announce any trades until after the 1st round ends. I'm still on board with Sam, although so far, his plan is not working out the way he envisioned.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Embiid's injury ends up being not a huge deal, I think Noel will be the one moved. Embiid and Okafor would make a heck of a 4/5 duo. If Embiid's injury is bad they still have a good 4/5 duo.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y'all do know the Sixers have they own board and could sure use your support and posts. But since I'm here i mind as well comment. If they keep Noel, he needs to come off the bench. Noel, Wroten, and Grant off the bench isn't bad. there has to be a sleeper PG out there somewhere.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im disapointed that Russell was taken by the Lakers. I was pretty surprised, which leads me to believe they have something in the works for Cousins to get their big man. As far as the Sixers, they took the BPA and I'm good with this pick. However, what do we do with three big guys?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im disapointed that Russell was taken by the Lakers. I was pretty surprised, which leads me to believe they have something in the works for Cousins to get their big man. As far as the Sixers, they took the BPA and I'm good with this pick. However, what do we do with three big guys?
It won't be Cousins, probably Aldridge to the Lakers.

I think you play all three and find out who is your best 2. Find out if Embiid will ever play. Then trade one.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If" Embiid is ready to play game 1 it's a great problem to have. You can always bring Noel off the bench as a defensive presence playing heavy bench minutes. I have a feeling though that Embiid may just be damaged goods :(

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers throw a wrench in the draft and take one of these 2 over Towns or Okafor, I'm taking the leftover big. We can't assume Embiid will have long term health yet, so I'm not passing on either of them. You can trade them a year from now or Noel for a package starting with an elite lead guard. I think people are putting Okafor under too large a microscope. His post scoring and more importantly, passing ability out of the double team will make him an absolute force in the NBA. People that compare him to Al Jefferson are dumb. Jefferson is a black hole that can't create open shots for anyone but himself. Okafor will create open looks for everyone on the floor. He's like a PG in the paint. I'm very high on Okafor and glad the Knicks can't get him.

Yay me! Still believe everything I wrote here awhile back.

Okafor is a guy you can run the offense through in lieu of a true PG. I'm pretty excited to see this.

Post scoring is de-emphasized in today's NBA not because it's antiquated, but because there aren't any players that can dominate from the post. Okafor can, by scoring AND passing. He will force teams to adjust to his style of play, not the other way around.

As far as my concerns, I'm worried more about his FT% than defense. I think Brett Brown's fitness program will make Okafor better on defense and offense. He needs to become a competent FT shooter to really become the offense lynchpin. But based on the progress Noel showed last year as a shooter, I think Okafor will get better in that regard if he shows the work ethic of Noel.

The roster still needs balance, but we have 4 first rounders next year to find guards.

As far as the rest of the draft, I do kind of wish we swung something for Mudiay, because he fell farther than he should have, but you can't really complain about that. The second round was strange and I really have no comment on it. It lost a lot of its luster when a bunch of the international draft and stash players pulled out at the deadline.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a crushing blow for Hinkie, make no mistake. He will be fired in another year. His plan has failed because the lottery balls didn't bounce his way. He tanked on purpose and still failed. How sad.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a crushing blow for Hinkie, make no mistake. He will be fired in another year. His plan has failed because the lottery balls didn't bounce his way. He tanked on purpose and still failed. How sad.

And what would you have done? Stay mired in mediocrity? Or maybe you think a top notch free agent like Lebron or Durant is just clamoring to play in Philly? Hinkie did what he should've to try and get to the top of the heap. You have to get the superstar and they don't grow on trees. Unfortunately the lottery makes it a crap shoot to get that pick.