• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll tell you what drives me fucking nuts, seeing all this stuff lately about “Stanley Cups” and thinking it has something to do with hockey.

Then realizing it’s about fucking thermoses we had 40 years ago that *cool young kids now have made popular again

*get off of my fucking lawn
if anyone in the NHL head office had some brains they would have done some sort of "collab"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this would probably fit better in a "lol what the fuck is going on here" thread but about a year ago i went to see my family doctor about a skin growth on my face near my temple. Doc said its a keratosis ... 90% sure its not an issue ... something that comes with sun damage and aging (and i thought damn ... dash must be covered in them). Doc referred me to a dermatologist and said the growth would prob be taken off and biopsied ... said there would be a wait because it wasnt serious and dermatologists in the system are very busy. I was ok with the wait ... its not serious.

"fast forward" to last week I get an automated message that I have a Friday mid afternoon appointment with the dermatologist.

I get to the office ... massive and new ... here's the "busy" waiting area that I was all by my lonesome in

34AAD65A-FCDD-44F0-8B52-BA52BEB274F9.jpeg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this would probably fit better in a "lol what the fuck is going on here" thread but about a year ago i went to see my family doctor about a skin growth on my face near my temple. Doc said its a keratosis ... 90% sure its not an issue ... something that comes with sun damage and aging (and i thought damn ... dash must be covered in them). Doc referred me to a dermatologist and said the growth would prob be taken off and biopsied ... said there would be a wait because it wasnt serious and dermatologists in the system are very busy. I was ok with the wait ... its not serious.

"fast forward" to last week I get an automated message that I have a Friday mid afternoon appointment with the dermatologist.

I get to the office ... massive and new ... here's the "busy" waiting area that I was all by my lonesome in

I have great skin once you get past the worry lines etc.

c1240cdc-2806-4005-b733-1b53cb185ee0_text.gif

1183f481-f3f2-4cbc-a20a-452283f8f9e9_text.gif

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

View attachment 350579
It looks like an intervention set up.
Are you sure it's not an intervention?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyhow back to my favorite drive me nuts topic. Fuckface kids that should be out of hockey. This happened in a tournament in Kamloops on Saturday. The game was called off after this hit. Burnaby kid was hospitalized. Luckily "just" a concussion.

Calgary kid will probably go back to his redneck league and not get anything suspension wise as this was an interprovincial tournament.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American "Health Care".

Doctor thinks I can put off surgery and wants to treat my meniscus tear with a Gel Shot that will help cut down inflammation and pain. That will give me a chance to get back in the gym and skate more than once a week. I had that shot like 4 years ago and it gave me like 9 months pain free. The Cortisone shots give me about 5 months, and with the recent tear the one I had in November is already pretty much worn off. Right now, I have constant ache, and occasional sharp pains when standing up.

The gel shots are considered "Experimental" by my insurance company and they won't cover it. It would cost a grand for the three shot course. So with their bean counters over-ruling my doctor and my past success, the only option I have is surgery. And dealing with pain until I get it. Not to mention until they got some random study that confirmed their position, they covered it in the past.

Surgery is going to cost them like 20 grand. And it's going to either cost me the rest of the season or dealing with pain until after the season and two weeks off work when theyf inally cut it open. Or I could go get 3 shots.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that drive me crazy:

Why is my wife, and basically all women, cold all the time. This one issue has probably caused most of the fights in our marriage. She's always cold, but forgets to bring a jacket wherever we are going. Or running the air conditioner in the car or house can be a landmine to navigate.

Also her ridiculously miniscule bladder drives me nuts. She can't make it through a two hour movie without a minimum of 4 pee breaks, sometimes more. Do women not have the ability to " hold it".

Anyway, she's a wonderful woman and I will love her till death do us part, but sometimes........arghhhhhhh!!!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland Drivers

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American "Health Care".
I have two sister-in-laws with cancer.

One just had lung surgery and they 'nicked' the lung removing stage 4 tumors. While driving from Maine to North Carolina, she started coughing in New Jersey. By the time she got to Virginia, she was coughing up blood. She spent five days in the Mayo in VA. They decide to go back home in Maine. She went to see the doctor who did the surgery. "Sorry. It's spread from your lungs to you liver, kidneys and pancreas. We can't do anything more 'for' you. She will be dead by this time next week.

The other one was thought to have gall-stones. Nope. The duct between the liver and pancreas had a tumor and it had just touched the pancreas. Three months of chemo. The pancreas was completely clean. Duct at the liver still had a tumor. Let's cut it out. Surgery went well and the doc said that they thought that they got it all. She went home. Then somehow, she had an infection at the surgical site at the liver and it was full of infection about the size of a peach. Two weeks on a drain. Now she's going through another eight weeks of chemo.

Ever hear of a surgery called "The Whipple"? They cut you open from one side completely to the other. They remove everything inside you and place it on a surgical table. Three surgeons look at every single organ and remove every organ that you don't need to survive and remove everything and anything that shouldn't be there. Like any foreign growth or tumor. They put everything back and sew you up. The surgery generally takes between 10-14 hours. Now you're on a liquid restricted diet for eight weeks while your guts fit back where they belong and you heal. If you survive those 8 weeks, you will be allowed to gradually eat more solid foods. You will never be able to eat normal everyday foods again.

They say that the surgery will give her 12-15 more years. She's 66. Without the Whipple, she can do anything she wants and should have 7-10 years. WTF would you do? I'd smile and take my chances with 7-10. Oh yeah, surviving the $250,000 Whipple surgery is about 60%.

American Health.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have two sister-in-laws with cancer.

One just had lung surgery and they 'nicked' the lung removing stage 4 tumors. While driving from Maine to North Carolina, she started coughing in New Jersey. By the time she got to Virginia, she was coughing up blood. She spent five days in the Mayo in VA. They decide to go back home in Maine. She went to see the doctor who did the surgery. "Sorry. It's spread from your lungs to you liver, kidneys and pancreas. We can't do anything more 'for' you. She will be dead by this time next week.

The other one was thought to have gall-stones. Nope. The duct between the liver and pancreas had a tumor and it had just touched the pancreas. Three months of chemo. The pancreas was completely clean. Duct at the liver still had a tumor. Let's cut it out. Surgery went well and the doc said that they thought that they got it all. She went home. Then somehow, she had an infection at the surgical site at the liver and it was full of infection about the size of a peach. Two weeks on a drain. Now she's going through another eight weeks of chemo.

Ever hear of a surgery called "The Whipple"? They cut you open from one side completely to the other. They remove everything inside you and place it on a surgical table. Three surgeons look at every single organ and remove every organ that you don't need to survive and remove everything and anything that shouldn't be there. Like any foreign growth or tumor. They put everything back and sew you up. The surgery generally takes between 10-14 hours. Now you're on a liquid restricted diet for eight weeks while your guts fit back where they belong and you heal. If you survive those 8 weeks, you will be allowed to gradually eat more solid foods. You will never be able to eat normal everyday foods again.

They say that the surgery will give her 12-15 more years. She's 66. Without the Whipple, she can do anything she wants and should have 7-10 years. WTF would you do? I'd smile and take my chances with 7-10. Oh yeah, surviving the $250,000 Whipple surgery is about 60%.

American Health.
I'm sorry to hear that. It really sucks about the first sister in law. I hope she had a great life.

I never heard of The Whipple, kind of wish I hadn't. Wow, that's a major surgery. I think I agree with you, at 66 take 7-10 on your own terms instead of 12-15 restricted years. I hope whichever she does, she fares as best as she can

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad passed away in 2016 due to a weak heart, but he was also dealing with leukemia. Today would have been his 87th birthday. He was a great guy and I think of him often. Cancer sucks.

Sorry to hear about your sisters-in-law @BigKen, I think I would also take my chances with the 7-10 years without the surgery, as a wise man once said, it's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennsylvania drivers in Maryland.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00