• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even let my family load the dishwasher anymore.
Used to have my kid unload it so hopefully she would pay attention to where she took the clean dishes from, but nope.

Every night around the time to start making dinner became a fun game of "now where the fuck did she put _____ this time?" round here

"what did you do today?"

"Oh nothing much, just bonded with a bunch of guys on a message board about how nobody can load or unload a dishwasher, how about you?"

I think my wife broke this weekend.

Kids went to put a bowl in the dishwasher and opened the door about 4 inches and pulled out the top rack 2 inches. Could not see a space and said, there is no room for this bowl. What should I do?

my Wifes mouth dropped and I slowly turned towards the kid locked eyes and said...... Open....... the...... door..... fully..... and at the same time........open your eyes and you will see there is a WHOLE dishwasher and not just a front rack.......

my wife followed up with the biggest sigh I think I ever heard.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this house, the only unspoken phrase is "what's a dishwasher"?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you wanna know what grinds my gears today....

people that look to solve the gaza conflict by posting stories on their IG account saying thing like 30,000 dead ..... if you are not talking about this you are contributing to genocide...... then 2 stories later its....... OMG LOOK AT MY NEW CURTAIN AND DECORATIONS FOR XMAS I GOT ON CLEARANCE.....

and that is from my own fucking family.....

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you wanna know what grinds my gears today....

people that look to solve the gaza conflict by posting stories on their IG account saying thing like 30,000 dead ..... if you are not talking about this you are contributing to genocide...... then 2 stories later its....... OMG LOOK AT MY NEW CURTAIN AND DECORATIONS FOR XMAS I GOT ON CLEARANCE.....

and that is from my own fucking family.....
Ummm, got a picture of the curtains and decorations? Don't whet my appetite and leave me hanging.

Along the same lines - I don't need to see dead people - dead kids in my social feeds. I understand why some post them but I cannot stop the bloodshed there

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants to put this in the joke thread too.

The CIO of my company started doing Zoom Town Hall meetings during Covid and has kept them up. Post Covid they have turned into outlets for him to give music recommendations (and who doesnt want music recommendations from their 60 year old CIO*), talk about all the cool things he gets to do, and tell us how times are tough and we all need to tighten our belts.
So today he spends time saying how he knows as a whole the company is paying below well market value and he is working with HR to correct that. Then he says, that does not mean we are getting any market value corrections (like they have done in the past) but it does mean new hires will be hired at the newly determined market rates. Even though we will not be getting raises, and new hires will most likely be paid more than people who have been there for years - we all benefit because the organization as a whole will be stronger. Yay team!

*he once recommended something from an R&B group called the Red Hot Chili Peppers

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The CIO of my company started doing Zoom Town Hall meetings during Covid and has kept them up. Post Covid they have turned into outlets for him to give music recommendations (and who doesnt want music recommendations from their 60 year old CIO*), talk about all the cool things he gets to do, and tell us how times are tough and we all need to tighten our belts.
So today he spends time saying how he knows as a whole the company is paying below well market value and he is working with HR to correct that. Then he says, that does not mean we are getting any market value corrections (like they have done in the past) but it does mean new hires will be hired at the newly determined market rates. Even though we will not be getting raises, and new hires will most likely be paid more than people who have been there for years - we all benefit because the organization as a whole will be stronger. Yay team!

*he once recommended something from an R&B group called the Red Hot Chili Peppers

I guess he could be easily confused by this RHCP hit

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't believe people go through college to get Master's degrees and spend 20 years working in "the biz" and don't understand the simple fact of paying (and treating) people well keeps them.

We had a CFO at one of my jobs a while back who said the same thing - that a lot of people were leaving and they'd have to "adjust" their incoming salary ranges. And he genuinely was confused when we said "the reason you have to hire so much is because your salaries are too low". He didn't understand that people were leaving because every other company was paying more and they should adjust existing salaries before they lost any more people.

I was out of there 2 months later.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he could be easily confused by this RHCP hit
He actually knew who it was, telling us who was in the band. I think he just considered them an R&B band. I just make fun of that because he said that people asked for more recommendations and maybe im just a dick, but I have to think they were just fucking with him.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting in a lot of extra hours to enhance an existing application to make it more flexible and robust only to find out that they don't have adequate resources to test the solution and they're putting it on hold.

I forgot to add they want me to backup all of my code and document the changes in case they want to use it down the road. So more work for me because you're too lazy to test, do I have that right?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of AI use in Social Media is mental. Facebook will block ALL media but let AI run rampant with fake pictures that allow pages to get likes, views etc. is insane and you have to wonder how many comments are not AI bots now.

We need to go back to the Stone Age

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to read a news article this morning. I got a pop-up, one of those "Do you accept out terms" bullshit ones. The only problem was, it was in fuckin' Spanish, which I don't speak or understand.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Executive town hall meeting this morning topic - new book out about Elon. How interesting the book is, how fascinating Elon is, and how we as a company could learn a lot from him.
How hard is it to trace anonymous hotmail accounts?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Executive town hall meeting this morning topic - new book out about Elon. How interesting the book is, how fascinating Elon is, and how we as a company could learn a lot from him.
How hard is it to trace anonymous hotmail accounts?
we had a marketing company consult for us and they quoted the Lululemon founder and liked his style....

his style is making the name lululemon because it is hard for the japanese to say and it makes him laugh
his style is taking his wifes (or ex now I think) designs and getting rich off them
his style is intentionally making these clothes so the "fat" chicks cant wear his brand (his words)
his style is racist, mysognic and classless

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had a marketing company consult for us and they quoted the Lululemon founder and liked his style....

his style is making the name lululemon because it is hard for the japanese to say and it makes him laugh
his style is taking his wifes (or ex now I think) designs and getting rich off them
his style is intentionally making these clothes so the "fat" chicks cant wear his brand (his words)
his style is racist, mysognic and classless
I am not sure they appreciated it when I pointed this out.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

listen to classic rock gods zeppelin,rush,queen,allmans and Skynyrd and you,ll never go wrong.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it seems that the IRS made a change to the W4 form ahead of TY 2020 that completely recalculated all the tax tables based on your elections. Anyone who had filled out a W4 prior to 2020 had all their elections calculated at the previous rates. After 2020, in order for Cheeto Von Fuckface McOrange Nazic*nt to trick stupid people into thinking their taxes went down just adjusted all the tables so people who changed jobs after 2020 got more in their take home pay.

I changed jobs in 2022. So for tax year 2022, filed last year, I broke even. Half the year at a lower salary and previous w4 tables, half at higher salary and newer tax tables, and I was unaware that they had changed. I figure it was because we made some changes to student loans, health savings accounts and other things.

Fast forward to this year, and I was under withheld in my taxes by 6 grand and have a penalty. And I have had to spend the first 3 hours of my day figuring it out myself.

But Biden is president now, so I am supposed to blame him, I guess.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it seems that the IRS made a change to the W4 form ahead of TY 2020 that completely recalculated all the tax tables based on your elections. Anyone who had filled out a W4 prior to 2020 had all their elections calculated at the previous rates. After 2020, in order for Cheeto Von Fuckface McOrange Nazic*nt to trick stupid people into thinking their taxes went down just adjusted all the tables so people who changed jobs after 2020 got more in their take home pay.

I changed jobs in 2022. So for tax year 2022, filed last year, I broke even. Half the year at a lower salary and previous w4 tables, half at higher salary and newer tax tables, and I was unaware that they had changed. I figure it was because we made some changes to student loans, health savings accounts and other things.

Fast forward to this year, and I was under withheld in my taxes by 6 grand and have a penalty. And I have had to spend the first 3 hours of my day figuring it out myself.

But Biden is president now, so I am supposed to blame him, I guess.
The changed W-4 did get a lot of people.

One thing I like to tell people is, look at your last years tax return and unless you changed the number of exemptions this should work or had some other out of ordinary event.

For example if you had total income of 100K and OWED 14000 in fed tax (after standard deduction, etc.), you basically have an effective tax rate of 14%. If after 6 months into year, if you have less than 14% withheld, have an additional amount withheld per pay period (screw the W-4 calculations). Just figure what you need to get there and adjust accordingly.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans complaining about young guys going out, playing hard because they want to stick with the big club and as a result, winning games late in the season which could change the team's draft position (i.e. making it worse). For the umpteenth time, players don't tank, management decides to tank by jettisoning players for draft picks and prospects. Stop worrying about things out of your control and stop whining about the team you root for winning games late in the season.