• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT gas prices

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gas is suppose to go up .70 cents this spring????

How?? It's an election year????
You would think if gas was going to get lower it would be during an election year.
I remember Obama was going to lower gas prices? WHY isn't this even being mentioned during an election year.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well technically, republicans are more invested in the oil industry than democrats, so it might make sense for oil prices to shoot up when the current president is a democrat.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i paid 2.45 last night :whoo:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that obama's advisers actually want him to raise gas prices to pressure people into buying electric cars and crap like that.

I don't honestly think he cares about gas prices one bit or he could do something about them. It's an indirect round-a-bout tax on the poor and small businesses, as well as any business that uses gas in their trucks, and you know how they hate those polluting trucks.

5.00$ a gallon this summer, I bet. That's why I moved closer to work. I can buy a bike if I get bored enough with paying outrageous sums of money for gas. Sure, the environmentalist win, but then my buff bike riding ass will beat their yuppy hybrid driving asses, if I can ever catch them.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL if you think Obama has anything to do with the price of gas. You people should be smarter than that.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he could affect the gas prices if he wanted to, but he doesn't, therefore he has "nothing" to do with them. whatever.

We're paying too much
our goverement can take steps to alleviate the pressures
our goverement we doesn't

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 3 weeks, I've paid $3.90+ :frusty:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this crap was going down a few years ago I remember some 85 year old lady bitching out the attendant at a gas station and he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I pay the same thing you do mam." I guess in the 1920's gas station attendants actually had something to do with it.

Reminded me whenever someone would yell at me at Wendy's (in college) for something I had no control over, "Sir, can you fill out a comment card, there's nothing I can do about that at all." "THEY'LL LISTEN TO YOU, YOUR AN EMPLOYEE!!!" "Sir, my company tells me what to do, they are the boss, I'm the employee, I make near minimum wage, they can replace me with anyone at the high school down the road, they don't care if I even show up, and I've been told several times by my managers to shut up or they will do just that. Now, back to the comment card, do you need a pencil?"

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one factor is that when our government prints all this new money, the value of our dollar goes down, AND YOU CAN BUY LESS OIL WITH IT.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one factor is that when our government prints all this new money, the value of our dollar goes down, AND YOU CAN BUY LESS OIL WITH IT.

The government doesn't print money. The Federal reserve does. The FED is not a government agency.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gas will go up,pay the price or park your car,

me I have no choice I will pay

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means we don't spend money elsewhere. The recession is coming back and will be worse

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gas demand in the U.S. is at a 15 year low, but there is a reason why it's going up
Strangely, the current run-up in prices comes despite sinking demand in the U.S. “Petrol demand is as low as it’s been since April 1997,” says Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for the Oil Price Information Service. “People are properly puzzled by the fact that we’re using less gas than we have in years, yet we’re paying more.”

Kloza believes much of the increase is due to speculative money that’s flowed into gasoline futures contracts since the beginning of the year, mostly from hedge funds and large money managers. “We’ve seen about $11 billion of speculative money come in on the long side of gas futures,” he says. “Each of the last three weeks we’ve seen a record net long position being taken.”

Rising Gas Prices: Not Demand Driven - Businessweek

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter.

It does. And it's the Treasury that prints money. The Fed is who decides how much is in circulation at any particular time.

Gas prices go up when the value of the dollar is weaker because global gas prices are pegged to the US dollar. So say the price of a barrel of oil is 100 USD, which is about 70 Euros (for sake of an example). If the Euro appreciates against the dollar, it is then cheaper for countries in the EU to buy oil than it is for the US. This fluctuation happens with all other currencies as well.

As just printing more money can effect the value of the Dollar, it would in turn have an effect on the price of oil and gas prices.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does. And it's the Treasury that prints money. The Fed is who decides how much is in circulation at any particular time.

Gas prices go up when the value of the dollar is weaker because global gas prices are pegged to the US dollar. So say the price of a barrel of oil is 100 USD, which is about 70 Euros (for sake of an example). If the Euro appreciates against the dollar, it is then cheaper for countries in the EU to buy oil than it is for the US. This fluctuation happens with all other currencies as well.

As just printing more money can effect the value of the Dollar, it would in turn have an effect on the price of oil and gas prices.

That's what I was alluding to before.
Who actually prints the damned money doesn't matter, the government lets it happen, and the ignorant sheep in this country let it happen.