• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opposite George and Why Aaron Rodgers will Ground the Jets

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I re-read alot of stuff, and realized I kinda contradicted myself..

I totally agreed with Joe's post, and then went and said I think Rodgers could be a top 10 QB.

To clarify-
what I think he WILL do, is entirely different than what I think he still CAN do and what Jets fans SHOULD have expectation for considering what they gave up to get him..
I believe Rodgers still has the physical ability to be a top 10 QB, I do not think he will, because I think his last 'give a fuck', flew off about the time he didn't get traded to the Broncos- so as it relates to fantasy terms-yes I'd take a later round flyer with Rodgers as my QB2 because of what I think he CAN still do on any given week, I would NOT want Rodgers to be my plan A, even if my plan A was to have 2 decent middle ground QB's who I played matchups with, I wouldn't want to be banking on Rodgers

again, here is the thing.... the QB table on draft day kind of sucks.... there is a clear top 10.... but after that, who would you really rather have than Rodgers....

sure, everyone should plan on getting one of the top 10... but at least 2 owners will not be able to do so...

so, not sure if it is banking on Rodgers to call him a QB1... its more of a DAMN I MISSED OUT ON THE TOP 10...

but really this is the worst QB field i have seen in a long time for DRAFT DAY PURPOSES

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i forgot about Watson... but not sure how much faith i have in a QB with Chubb on his team...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see Rodgers slipping to QB15-18 in some leagues. Lots of mobile QBs in the league right now. That said, there is so much job instability with the low end starting QBs in this league that with Rodgers you at least expect him to start as long as he is healthy.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a clear top 10.... but after that, who would you really rather have than Rodgers....
I will add this:
Seeing as I am so close to Packerland, the rumbling up north go back to McCarthy's days as head coach. Rumor is he wanted a balanced game. This may have frustrated Rodgers who (like most QB) wanted to sling it. Especially when you have Driver, Cobb and Adams in their prime.
When the new regime came in, again, this probably angsted (is that a word?) Rodgers since they did not invest in offensive weapons and let Adams walk.
On the positive side, by all appearances, it looks like the Jets will let Rodgers sling it.
But he still has to go up against stiffer defenses and he is getting older.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add this:
Seeing as I am so close to Packerland, the rumbling up north go back to McCarthy's days as head coach. Rumor is he wanted a balanced game. This may have frustrated Rodgers who (like most QB) wanted to sling it. Especially when you have Driver, Cobb and Adams in their prime.
When the new regime came in, again, this probably angsted (is that a word?) Rodgers since they did not invest in offensive weapons and let Adams walk.
On the positive side, by all appearances, it looks like the Jets will let Rodgers sling it.
But he still has to go up against stiffer defenses and he is getting older.
By my eye test, it looks like once McCarthy was out they planned on building a team that would eventually outlast Rodgers and they'd get rid of him. I suspect no one was expecting him to have 2 MVP seasons.

But hopefully you dont take offense but I can't imagine an easier division of pass defenses than last year's Bears, Vikings, and Lions. (18th, 30th, and 31st in pass yards allowed). In Yards Per Attempt, its 32nd, 31st, and 30th. Woof.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I crazy or do the Jets have a better defense than 90% of those Green Bay teams? I see Rodgers as that late-career game manager QB role. He moves the chains and doesn't get Ints and the Jets stay healthy then they have a playoff roster.

The one issue I see with the Jets is that they are one oline injury away from Rodgers being worthless imo. I only caught 2 Jets games last year but their QB play and oline play were both some of the worst in the league. The Jets oline does have some high upside imo but low downside. You could argue that for a lot of teams, though.
Olines fair a lot better in front of competent QBs. Injuries to Olines can certainly derail a season. Rodgers was used to that with the Packers, but the Jets aren't really at more risk than others.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers, Cousins, Goff, Geno, Dan Jones, Carr, Tannehill, Russ Wilson, etc... who cares for fantasy?
All are middling options for streamers and won't be difference makers.

Give me Cousins, Minny has increased passing volume last couple seasons, defense has not been good, they ditched Cook and drafted another 1st rd WR, wheels up baby.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers, Cousins, Goff, Geno, Dan Jones, Carr, Tannehill, Russ Wilson, etc... who cares for fantasy?

Give me Cousins, Minny has increased passing volume last couple seasons, defense has not been good, they ditched Cook and drafted another 1st rd WR, wheels up baby.
If I'm being honest and I have drafted my QB1, of the players you listed, I'd rank 'em Rodgers, Cousins, Goff, RW & Geno. Not touching Jones, Carr or Tanny. I'd rather roll with 1 QB until the bye week. Or get Purdy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those first three could pop off any week. Have high floors too.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm being honest and I have drafted my QB1, of the players you listed, I'd rank 'em Rodgers, Cousins, Goff, RW & Geno. Not touching Jones, Carr or Tanny. I'd rather roll with 1 QB until the bye week. Or get Purdy.

Those first three could pop off any week. Have high floors too.

some interesting volume from the QB "scrap heap" last season....

looking at attempts:
Cousins 4th, Goff 6th, Geno 9th, Rodgers 10th, Carr 11th, Russ 12th, DJones 14th

flipping to completions:
Cousins 4th, Geno 6th, Goff 8th, Rodgers 10th, DJones 11th, Carr 14th, Russ 15th

not too shabby for QB2s/streamer options!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but what if you didnt draft your QB1 yet... you realize, at least one of those QBs will be drafted as a QB1...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets don't have a good defense? Something happen during the offseason?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Rodgers still has the physical ability to be a top 10 QB, I do not think he will, because I think his last 'give a fuck', flew off about the time he didn't get traded to the Broncos
It comes down to two questions in my mind:
  • How much of Rodgers underperforming last year is his attitude v. physical decline?
  • If it's mostly attitude, will his attitude be truly rejuvenated in NY, or is he locked into being a sour self-absorbed little vindictive douche?
I'm not even sure about the first question, but he's definitely a low-floor, high-ceiling kind of FF gamble.

Taking less money is encouraging. I kinda think his self-absorbed vindictiveness might help. Nothing would make GB look worse than Rodgers winning a chip in NY.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • How much of Rodgers underperforming last year is his attitude v. physical decline?
  • If it's mostly attitude, will his attitude be truly rejuvenated in NY, or is he locked into being a sour self-absorbed little vindictive douche?
I'm not even sure about the first question, but he's definitely a low-floor, high-ceiling kind of FF gamble.

Taking less money is encouraging. I kinda think his self-absorbed vindictiveness might help. Nothing would make GB look worse than Rodgers winning a chip in NY.

He saw Brady leave BB and win one, he definitely wants to do the same, Favre came close with Minny too.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of sour self-absorbed little vindictive douches, he won't be the media cunts trying to get him pricked with an experimental needle.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jets were so bad at qb last season rogers will have to be an improvement.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine the Broncos thought the same about RW...
The difference is Rodgers has been an all-time elite passer, and Wilson just thought he was.

Remember how excited Garrett Wilson was when Flacco came in over Zach, because of Flacco's "wide-receiver friendly" passes?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is Rodgers has been an all-time elite passer, and Wilson just thought he was.

Remember how excited Garrett Wilson was when Flacco came in over Zach, because of Flacco's "wide-receiver friendly" passes?
Well yeah there's a vast canyon of difference between Rodgers and RW but still, the Broncos QB play since Peyton Manning hung em up, outside of Neckbeard, was every bit as bad as the Jets have dealt with, so improvement should be expected from a multi time Pro Bowl, 2 time Super Bowl/1 time winning QB, especially one you traded your first born for. But they basically got what they got out of Trevor Semian.

If they expectation of improvement is the underlying theme, the situations are similar enough. Price was higher for RW, for the Jets sake, I sure hope Rodgers results are better