• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Opening Night Game Thread: BOS/CLE & HOU/GSW

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Looney get the crunch time minutes over McGee when Draymond went out?

Thought it was a little strange that McGee didn't get in the game at all.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Cavs, nice to get the win, but a pretty mixed bag of a game. Defense was really encouraging in the first half, then awful for parts of the 2nd half.

I already love Crowder. Doing all of the little things. Having him and LeBron back there together on defense is a nice combo, they covered a lot of holes for their teammates on switches and help. LeBron was able to do that cause Crowder was taking the best player... Crowder still managed to do it while taking the best player.

Rose had a bad shooting night, but made several crucial plays, including great defense on Kyrie the last minute and a half of the game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost went too bed during the 3rd when the Warriors started pulling away. Glad I stuck it out. Great game.

I see a lot of "experts" have Lebron or Kawhi winning it. I actually think both of these players are going to have to carry the load most of the season, for Lebron more like half until IT gets back. I mean realistically with them going to this small lineup we could see his best stat line ever, especially with rebounds. He could have like a 27 ppg 12 rpg 8 apg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Cavs, nice to get the win, but a pretty mixed bag of a game. Defense was really encouraging in the first half, then awful for parts of the 2nd half.

I already love Crowder. Doing all of the little things. Having him and LeBron back there together on defense is a nice combo, they covered a lot of holes for their teammates on switches and help. LeBron was able to do that cause Crowder was taking the best player... Crowder still managed to do it while taking the best player.

Rose had a bad shooting night, but made several crucial plays, including great defense on Kyrie the last minute and a half of the game.

I love Crowder as well. I think Rose and Wade in the same lineup is pretty bad, need to limit those minutes to next to nothing for now. DRose has that explosive step so that is a good sign, didn't do terrible on Kyrie which is a plus bc Kyrie is probably the best of the dribble in the league. They need more with Crowder, JR, and Lebron. I think with those 3 and maybe Drose it could be killer. Obviously, it has one been one game but Wade leading the bench unit is probably the best option with shooters around him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of "experts" have Lebron or Kawhi winning it. I actually think both of these players are going to have to carry the load most of the season, for Lebron more like half until IT gets back. I mean realistically with them going to this small lineup we could see his best stat line ever, especially with rebounds. He could have like a 27 ppg 12 rpg 8 apg

Yeah, I agree on the rebounding. He had 9 rebounds a game last year with TT & Love as the primary rebounders. Now LeBron and Love are the primary rebounders. Think he averages double digits this season.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Crowder as well. I think Rose and Wade in the same lineup is pretty bad, need to limit those minutes to next to nothing for now. DRose has that explosive step so that is a good sign, didn't do terrible on Kyrie which is a plus bc Kyrie is probably the best of the dribble in the league. They need more with Crowder, JR, and Lebron. I think with those 3 and maybe Drose it could be killer. Obviously, it has one been one game but Wade leading the bench unit is probably the best option with shooters around him.

Yeah, although, I will say I liked seeing JR Smith in that bench role. With the starters last year, he pretty much stood at the 3 and waited for a LeBron pass. He made some nice plays last night with the bench, I think his scoring average will actually go up moving from starter to bench.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, although, I will say I liked seeing JR Smith in that bench role. With the starters last year, he pretty much stood at the 3 and waited for a LeBron pass. He made some nice plays last night with the bench, I think his scoring average will actually go up moving from starter to bench.

Yeah he has always be a good bench player, he could thrive from the bench. But I just don't like Wade and DRose out there at the same time ever...maybe it will improve. Insert IT with Wade and Lebron and that could be better bc IT can shoot the 3 ball.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say...........

I LOVE tHOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaggy P is his teams leading scorer in a loss.

So.....just like every other team he's been on. :dhd:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed last night...that dude has some humongous ears. I'm talking, Dumbo size, a decent wind and he could fly kind of humongous.
Like Dumbo procreated with Caliban from X Men or Squidworth from Sponge Bob.

th
+
th
=
th

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, season's over! I was thinking 82-0 but it's looking like 0-82 at this point.

But on a serious note, Nick Young is not the guy you keep feeding to be hot down the stretch for the 4th. I don't care what he's shooting. Curry and Durant need their looks the entire game. They got caught up in that show and it did them in at the end.
Swaggy P wasn't the problem last night nor was he the reason they lost.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao....trigger Mike...

Easy for him to say when the Warriors best wing defender was out the entire game as well as the reigning defensive player of the year was out the 4th quarter.

BUT.....

He kinda has a point. Curry was ridiculous last night with all his stupid reach fouls. I get so angered by his stupidity some times. I appreciate he's trying hard, but why are you reaching on Harden 30 feet from the hoop. He was lucky he didn't pick up his 5th early into the 3rd quarter.

Outside of Draymond, the only person I thought who played decent defense was Klay. I swear every shot he contested really well. He moved his feet and didn't get tricked into reach fouls.

Other than that, the team as a whole needs to step it up.

I'm not concerned though. Last year the Warriors got spanked by the Spurs on opening night by 29 points at home. Last night they lost by 1 with a really depleted roster. The Rockets were able to put a better small ball lineup than the Warriors last night and beat them. But the Warriors played terrible defense for 3 quarters, looked sluggish and sloppy (Durant with 9 TO's) and still held a double digit lead most of the game. I'm actually more encouraged because there's room for growth.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dryamond Green getting an MRI on his knee this morning. Hopefully he's fine.

Warriors would rightfully still be the favorite to beat any team, even without Green, but their next 2 games... @ Pelicans, @ Grizzlies... couldn't think of a worse 2 games to potentially be missing Draymond.

2 off days first, though, so hopefully he's fine.