• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only 6 active NFL QBs have EVER thrown

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plunkett, or have you not been reading the thread?
Yeah I meant other than him ( since he was already brought up ) but as pointed out Eli's stats dwarf his and his 2 rings came vs the QB most consider as the greatest ever. Even if you think stats are skewed right now they aren't skewed that much lol. I just don't see a fathomable way a guy is top 10 in the primary QB stats and has a minimum of 2 rings and doesn't get in.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you have to look a little deeper than just two Super Bowls? If we're evaluating that first one fairly Eli Manning really had nothing to do with his team winning.

Whereas if you look at last year's Superbowl I don't think there's another quarterback alive who could have brought the Patriots back like Tom Brady did last year. Not Aaron Rodgers not Cam Newton not anybody.

It's not a stretch to say that all Superbowl wins are not created equally.

images

:cheer2:

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you think stats are skewed right now they aren't skewed that much lol. I just don't see a fathomable way a guy is top 10 in the primary QB stats

Because, as @richig07 pointed out, he's statistically comparable to Jay Cutler, rings or no rings. If he gets into Canton, he'll be the most overrated player there.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, as @richig07 pointed out, he's statistically comparable to Jay Cutler, rings or no rings. If he gets into Canton, he'll be the most overrated player there.
Well not really. Maybe comparable in a per season basis but that's not really the same thing as career stats . That's like me saying Matt Ryan is the best active postseason QB because he has the best QB rating . At some point consistency and longevity do matter but only if you've got titles to back it up

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not really. Maybe comparable in a per season basis but that's not really the same thing as career stats . That's like me saying Matt Ryan is the best active postseason QB because he has the best QB rating . At some point consistency and longevity do matter but only if you've got titles to back it up

So he spent his career accumulating a bunch of stats in a pass happy era. Good for him. Doesn't change the fact that if he gets in, he'll be the most overrated player in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I meant other than him ( since he was already brought up ) but as pointed out Eli's stats dwarf his and his 2 rings came vs the QB most consider as the greatest ever. Even if you think stats are skewed right now they aren't skewed that much lol. I just don't see a fathomable way a guy is top 10 in the primary QB stats and has a minimum of 2 rings and doesn't get in.

Dude, up until basically the 80's, most HOF QB's threw more INT's than TD's. Had QB ratings in the 70's. Not "skewed that much"? Christ dude.

40 of the top 50 rated QB's of all-time, played on this side of the millennium. They include Josh Freeman, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford and other horrifically mediocre to subpar passers.

The stats are unbelievably skewed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their career stats are identical in TD% INT% CMP% QB Rating, Yards per game, Yards per completion, Yards per attempt... You name it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he spent his career accumulating a bunch of stats in a pass happy era. Good for him. Doesn't change the fact that if he gets in, he'll be the most overrated player in.
Eh that's blown out of proportion . The 2 guys directly ahead of Eli for all time yards played in a different era. ( Moon and Elway ), Moon averaged half a pass less per game than Eli and Elway averaged slightly more than Eli. Teams are more efficient now. That's not Eli's fault . His numbers aren't any more skewed than those guys

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's that stated?

Ballwasher my ass

Id take 15 QB's in todays NFL over Eli, he's my biggest concern on this years roster

But when we get to the point where the jealousy of his accomplishments have reached the levels he is being compared to Jim Plunkett and Jay Cutler because some cherry picked #'s seem to stack up, while the most important numbers are laughably different, at some point its pure lunacy

I sit here everyday and hear that Tom Brady is the GOAT, with ZERO regard for 'Eras', with no mention of how some past greats would be putting up pinball numbers in that ridiculous division in an era where you arent allowed to play defense, but all of a sudden, Im hearing 'Era' talk?

Gimme a break

Wait, what? You're wll over the place. Calm yourself, emotional posting aint good. Are you incredulous at the GOAT talk about brady BECAUSE there is no "era context" discussed, or that you ARE hearing "era context" and it pisses you off?

Look, I think Eli is great, definitely a HOF'er but you DO have to acknowedge Tom's legendary status as well, at least at this point. To argue otherwise is laughable.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's that stated?

Ballwasher my ass

Id take 15 QB's in todays NFL over Eli, he's my biggest concern on this years roster

But when we get to the point where the jealousy of his accomplishments have reached the levels he is being compared to Jim Plunkett and Jay Cutler because some cherry picked #'s seem to stack up, while the most important numbers are laughably different, at some point its pure lunacy

I sit here everyday and hear that Tom Brady is the GOAT, with ZERO regard for 'Eras', with no mention of how some past greats would be putting up pinball numbers in that ridiculous division in an era where you arent allowed to play defense, but all of a sudden, Im hearing 'Era' talk?

Gimme a break
Where's what stated?

Don't be so defensive

I've written plenty comparing Brady's numbers using eras as comparables, not my fault you ignored it.