• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That Center is very important. Something the Penguins neglected for years and are now hurting them.
Item of note: the last time they drafted a Center in the first round was '07 in Esposito.

And relying on Malkin/Crosby for this long they essentially made their system barren of Center talent.

Here are their top prospects:

Lukas Svejkovsky - 2020 4th round pick still in Juniors

Justin Almieda - 2019 5th round pick and in the ECHL.
Jordy Bellerive - undrafted and in his 4th AHL season.

I can't put Zahorna in that group since he is already 25 and was a European FA signing.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That Center is very important. Something the Penguins neglected for years and are now hurting them.
Item of note: the last time they drafted a Center in the first round was '07 in Esposito.

And relying on Malkin/Crosby for this long they essentially made their system barren of Center talent.

Here are their top prospects:

Lukas Svejkovsky - 2020 4th round pick still in Juniors

Justin Almieda - 2019 5th round pick and in the ECHL.
Jordy Bellerive - undrafted and in his 4th AHL season.

I can't put Zahorna in that group since he is already 25 and was a European FA signing.
Got everything crossed in the hope that Kent Johnson becomes that guy.

And Sillinger has been a very pleasant surprise. He should be the 2C.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a joke the NHL has become
And HOF GMJR couldn't get a taker for JMFJ!
Wonder if Hextall can trade his buyout money to the Sabres?

Seriously what a joke that deal is.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking hilarious. How do you agree to that if you’re Buffalo?
Meh, I don't legitimately see Vegas missing the POs because of their shit division. All they need to do is tread water until some of the injuries are done and then I think they will move up fast.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I don't legitimately see Vegas missing the POs because of their shit division. All they need to do is tread water until some of the injuries are done and then I think they will move up fast.
Missed the edit window, but apparently the top 10 protection apparently carries some risk. If this year is top 10, it automatically defaults to Vegas' 2023 1st and Buffalo also gets LV's 2024 2nd in exchange for Buffalo's 2024 3rd.

So, in short, if the top 10 option kicks in, LV also trades a 2nd for a 3rd in 2024.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichel just said his goal is to play in the Olympics. Can a player on LTIR in the NHL go play there and stay on LTIR?

Does a team have to be Cap Compliant during the break?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichel just said his goal is to play in the Olympics. Can a player on LTIR in the NHL go play there and stay on LTIR?

Does a team have to be Cap Compliant during the break?
Heard friedman say eichel will be back by February

/after disc replacement surgery???

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's similar to the surgery that Vasek Pospisil had, but he was out for 8 months.
I honestly haven’t been paying any attention to this but heard friedman say this is a new type of surgery that nhl doctors didn’t even know or approve of :noidea:

/which seems stupid … what are they doing replacing a disc with a jumbo marshmallow ?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly haven’t been paying any attention to this but heard friedman say this is a new type of surgery that nhl doctors didn’t even know or approve of :noidea:

/which seems stupid … what are they doing replacing a disc with a jumbo marshmallow ?
On ESPN, they said it's been done on baseball players and MMA fighters, but they couldn't quite nail down a timeframe. Anywhere between 3 and 8 months.

They also said it's been done on a few million people worldwide with good success.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On ESPN, they said it's been done on baseball players and MMA fighters, but they couldn't quite nail down a timeframe. Anywhere between 3 and 8 months.

They also said it's been done on a few million people worldwide with good success.
That was a big part of why the Sabres claimed to be against it was that it was never done in the NHL before.

Apparently they essentially replace the wonky (<-- that's the proper medical term, BTW) disc with a synthetic disc.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wonder what the "insurability" of Eichel's contract is. I know it's not the exact same situation as the Horton signing here, but that was a long ass hassle because we couldn't insure the contract because he was hurt at the time of the signing. We wound up giving Vegas too much to get out from under the broken body we traded Horton's broken body for.

So, if the surgery isn't successful and he never plays again, are they on the hook for the money? Huge risk to not put any games played conditions on the picks.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best IR line in the league
xk2tc7up8nx71.jpg

Stolen from reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.