• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from a league whose idea of in arena entertainment is to play music that is not only older than any player on the ice, but may be older than any player's parents.

Welcome kids - lets rock out to KISS - Rock And Roll All Night followed up by Todd Rundren's Bang The Drum All Day! And for you Detroit fans, here's a song about someone getting the fuck out of Detroit - doesnt matter where - Don't Stop Believing!
I do have to give the Consol/Penguins some credit at least they graduated to playing some 90's music. But you know nothing beats laying down some LED for the home crowd.

With that said, there are few places I wish would play this timeless classic:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Journey song it's like Baltimore sports started playing Hungry Heart by Springsteen.

But the idiots in Detroit eat it up. Including the head shaking poster here who says the song is hopeful. Yeah, everyone hopes they get out of Detroit.

On a somewhat related note I think that "Rock of Ages" might have been the worst thing that I ever saw on Broadway. I know there is nostalgia involved but I always wondered how they got them to spring big movie money for that poorly assembled cliche.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from a league whose idea of in arena entertainment is to play music that is not only older than any player on the ice, but may be older than any player's parents.

Welcome kids - lets rock out to KISS - Rock And Roll All Night followed up by Todd Rundren's Bang The Drum All Day! And for you Detroit fans, here's a song about someone getting the fuck out of Detroit - doesnt matter where - Don't Stop Believing!

"I handle the playlist and the music for sporting events at MSG" was always my ex-wife's favourite fake late night answer at bars. I almost pissed my pants one time listening to her tell a nosy dude "Sometimes, when a team is down, the right segment of 'Twilight Zone' can really make the difference" :laugh3:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a somewhat related note I think that "Rock of Ages" might have been the worst thing that I ever saw on Broadway. I know there is nostalgia involved but I always wondered how they got them to spring big movie money for that poorly assembled cliche.
I do not know anything about that one besides the trailers and ads for the movie version. It's no Anything Goes I bet!

I had to watch Brigadoon in my theater arts class in school so the upcoming Apple series Schmigadoon looks kind of amusing to me.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Journey song it's like Baltimore sports started playing Hungry Heart by Springsteen.

But the idiots in Detroit eat it up. Including the head shaking poster here who says the song is hopeful. Yeah, everyone hopes they get out of Detroit.
Ever since I was a kid I had the hardest time understanding why the 7th inning stretch song at the Orioles games encouraged a bunch of suburban white people to shout "THANK GAWD I'M A COUNTRY BOYYY!"

I like the choice of the Bruce Springsteen song. Reminds me of how my dad abandoned us in Baltimore, jack *sniff*

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since I was a kid I had the hardest time understanding why the 7th inning stretch song at the Orioles games encouraged a bunch of suburban white people to shout "THANK GAWD I'M A COUNTRY BOYYY!"

I like the choice of the Bruce Springsteen song. Reminds me of how my dad abandoned us in Baltimore, jack *sniff*
I liked the 7th inning stretch song when I was a kid. Now the term does not bring up good images.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since I was a kid I had the hardest time understanding why the7th inning stretch song at the Orioles games encouraged a bunch of suburban white people to shout "THANK GAWD I'M A COUNTRY BOYYY!"

You've been to Carroll County though right? ;)

I agree it generally didn't make much sense, although maybe it helped to clear out the homeless around the stadium? If I'm a black man in Baltimore, 30,000 peope saying "yee-ha" in unison would certainly cause me to get the hell out of there.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Duthie rumo(u)red to be going to espn or tnt :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.