• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DN1_dLDUMAEB6tL

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting news about that proposed 3 way trade between the Sens, Avs and Nashville. Duchene would be good for Ottawa and a decent replacement for Turris who would have went to Nashville. I believe Ekholm would have went to the Avs though not 100% sure.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the following:

To Ottawa:
Duchene

To Nashville:
Turris

To Colorado
Samuel Girard
Vladislav Kamenev
NSH 2nd
Shane Bowers
Andrew Hammond
OTT 1st
OTT 3rd

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of pieces.

Bowers was a bit of a disappointment to me in Waterloo but he should be a decent 3c down the line.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all that it looks like Sakic got a haul, just needed two teams to get what he wanted.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot to give up for the Sens. I'm not a fan of Bowers but some are. He seems very Curtis Lazarish to me but he's still a significant asset.

Turris wasn't resigning so I'm fine with him going. I'm gonna miss his clutch scoring though.

All that being said, I'm a pretty damn big Duchene fan. I love adding him to the team. I think he's a pretty big upgrade on Turris.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Jordan Eberle with two goals, Matt Barzal with five assists. One traded for Ryan Strome, the other one of two draft picks sent to Long Island for Griffin Reinhart. Keep up the good work Chia.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall is a damn good player, he would be a great winger alongside McDavid :D

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all 3 teams did good here. I think the Sens may have overpaid to get Duchene but sometimes to get something of value you have to give up something of value as well.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have loved Duchene here. Hell, I would have loved Turris here, but that's some overpayment. Glad the bald Finnish fuckwit stayed out of it.

Can't wait to see what Sakic does with the handfuls of magic beans he just got.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all 3 teams did good here. I think the Sens may have overpaid to get Duchene but sometimes to get something of value you have to give up something of value as well.

Would have loved Duchene here. Hell, I would have loved Turris here, but that's some overpayment. Glad the bald Finnish fuckwit stayed out of it.

Can't wait to see what Sakic does with the handfuls of magic beans he just got.

As a Sens fan I'm getting more and more happy with this deal. We got a #1C without giving up any of our top 5 prospects (I'd argue top 8 prospects). To get Duchene and still have White, Chabot and Brown coming up is awesome to me. The 1st round pick is top 10 protected too, so if this year goes completely off the rails we don't miss a chance at Dahlin/Svechnikov.

And @forty_three said it best, Sakic got some magic beans. We'll see what he can do with them. Avalanche rebuild v.14.0 has now been activated.

I think this deal works for all teams on some level. I really like Nashville's chances now. Turris is not a true #1C but he's a damn good #2C. He should do really well behind RyJo. Team to beat out west, IMO.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Sens fan I'm getting more and more happy with this deal. We got a #1C without giving up any of our top 5 prospects (I'd argue top 8 prospects). To get Duchene and still have White, Chabot and Brown coming up is awesome to me. The 1st round pick is top 10 protected too, so if this year goes completely off the rails we don't miss a chance at Dahlin/Svechnikov.

And @forty_three said it best, Sakic got some magic beans. We'll see what he can do with them. Avalanche rebuild v.14.0 has now been activated.

I think this deal works for all teams on some level. I really like Nashville's chances now. Turris is not a true #1C but he's a damn good #2C. He should do really well behind RyJo. Team to beat out west, IMO.

Turris replaces and improves on Fisher's skillset with a much younger set of legs.

And it was an overpayment in terms of number of pieces, but certainly not quality. Ottawa can add a 1C without ripping too much out of their core and future, that's not so bad.

Remember the rumor was Jarmo offered Murray, Milano, a first and a second and Joe turned it down because he wanted Carlsson too. No matter how you slice it, Joe did not get that kind of value in return. And Poile snuck in and won the deal, IMO. Made a dangerous team way better without touching any top end assets. Damn. That fucker is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.