• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't there been multiple seasons where he's won the Hart or the Art Ross or the Ted Lindsay, or even two at a time or all three at once? He didn't win any of them last season though.

I'm not saying he had a bad year or anything, I just think that the team stuff is boosting his candidacy.

And remember, I'm one of the biggest Crosby fans that there is outside of Pittsburgh & Cole Harbour[/QUOTE]
That's the thing about year-end awards, they're supposed to judge both sides of a year. If the NHL handed out the Hart in December for the period January-December is there any doubt at all who's winning it?

If Matt Murray had fallen on his face under the pressure in the postseason would many people be arguing hard for Crosby here? I kind of doubt they would.
I quoted that to highlight the truth in it.
Winning Cups without great goaltending is rare. Since the 2005 lockout 8 of 11 Cup-winning goalers had a .920 sv% or higher in the playoffs. Since 2011, all but one has posted a sv% higher than Murray's .923% this year.

Why would that take away anything from what the skaters do?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes to Ron Wilson for a speedy recovery.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just getting back to the Lou Marsh award for a second, you could made a strong case for Andre de Grasse as well. It's too bad that he competed against the greatest sprinter in history.

/Brooke Henderson had a great year on the LPGA tour
//On another note, it's pretty cool that Canada is developing some fine athletes in various sports.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just getting back to the Lou Marsh award for a second, you could made a strong case for Andre de Grasse as well. It's too bad that he competed against the greatest sprinter in history.

/Brooke Henderson had a great year on the LPGA tour
//On another note, it's pretty cool that Canada is developing some fine athletes in various sports.
Honestly, as long as they never award it to a CFL'er ever again, I'm fine with it.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes to Wilson at this time.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Did Joe Theismann kick your dad's puppy or pee in your corn flakes?
I'm a millenial, dash. I drink soy-vegan-holistic smoothies with kamputchtka and glasnost for breakfast.

And I'm sure one of those words probably means Theismann Urine anyway.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lkUCsh1.jpg

Kyle Okposo is gradually getting happier.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lkUCsh1.jpg

Kyle Okposo is gradually getting happier.

I saw that earlier. That's awesome.

Good for KO...nothing but class. Hope him and his family are happy in Buffalo. Tough turning down the offer the Isles gave him must have been a very hard thi............wait....they never did give him an offer. We suck and are stupid. Never mind.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's okay Puck082, you could be a fan of the Panthers...Man, talk about a rudderless ship.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Dale Tallon is resuming control of management duties and Hockey Ops in Florida. Panthers need to get back on track and stabilize things.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
There won't be an overhaul in Florida, but Tallon will likely want to make some changes and add pieces after the holiday roster freeze.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Right. I'm talking day to day management and player personnel decisions. His challenge is to fix things.Darren Dreger added,
Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov
He has been pres. of hockey operations, but this infers that he is the main decision maker again. I will inquire.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that earlier. That's awesome.

Good for KO...nothing but class. Hope him and his family are happy in Buffalo. Tough turning down the offer the Isles gave him must have been a very hard thi............wait....they never did give him an offer. We suck and are stupid. Never mind.
But Isles fans kept telling me how eager they were to get rid of him last year!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Schultz is leading the NHL in +/- with a +18 mark. It's amazing what happens when you get the Oilers stink off.

Status
Not open for further replies.