• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to complaining:

How was Oduya not suspended? Or talked to? I mean, crikey. It's the same as the Dubinsky one, and it's virtually a carbon copy of the Buff one that got 4 games.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I looked, Parise is no scrub either.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to complaining:

How was Oduya not suspended? Or talked to? I mean, crikey. It's the same as the Dubinsky one, and it's virtually a carbon copy of the Buff one that got 4 games.

Obviously because the Wild don't whine enough for the whole league.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I looked, Parise is no scrub either.

To look for the video I twitter searched 'Parise neck' and got a dozen CBJ fans complaining that it was favoritism. Because, you know, they protect their stars so well.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to complaining:

I think that's worse than the Dubinsky one, if not quite as stupid.

Oduya uses a lot more force on a player in an even more vulnerable position. It was at least in the heat of the play where things were moving fast, whereas Dubi was just being a shithead.

Maybe that's the difference in the league's eyes? I really have no idea at this point.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's worse than the Dubinsky one, if not quite as stupid.

Oduya uses a lot more force on a player in an even more vulnerable position. It was at least in the heat of the play where things were moving fast, whereas Dubi was just being a shithead.

Maybe that's the difference in the league's eyes? I really have no idea at this point.

Only thing I can think is that they wrote it off as "scrum activity" which is dumb. I mean, this is the league that heavily suspended a guy for a particular offensive motion, and the league that suspended guys for not going to the ASG. Basically, skipping a shitty all-star game in exchange for time with family is worse than that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry DGB, I don't buy it. When Shanahan started the job, he started out very well handing out stiff suspensions until somebody higher up in the league (or a group of owners) got together and told him to simmer down on the suspensions. Also, who the hell cares if we have frame-by-frame video breakdown if the final result is a joke of a decision.

I've been watching this game for over 45 years and I've never been as frustrated with the product and the entertainment value of NHL hockey as I currently am. Yeah, a lot has to do with how the Flames are playing this season, but Sportsnet coverage is awful, old dinosaurs like Cherry and MacLean need to go, and there is just a lot of blah hockey being played in the NHL this season.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just read that. And it makes a good point. But it's like cigarettes...we know far too much about smoking now to ever justify it. Well, we know far too much about head injuries (and neck injuries...and other injuries) to justify these. I do think that a positive is that we don't celebrate these kind of hits any longer. Stevens is a good example. I mean, I think about the Lindros-Stevens 2000 ECF hit. People preferred to blame Lindros for not being safer coming across the ice, and it was solved by a fight/scrum. I'm glad that such mentality is going away, but it will get even better if the league (owners, really) grows a pair and lets it happen. Shanny tried.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry DGB, I don't buy it. When Shanahan started the job, he started out very well handing out stiff suspensions until somebody higher up in the league (or a group of owners) got together and told him to simmer down on the suspensions. Also, who the hell cares if we have frame-by-frame video breakdown if the final result is a joke of a decision.

I've been watching this game for over 45 years and I've never been as frustrated with the product and the entertainment value of NHL hockey as I currently am. Yeah, a lot has to do with how the Flames are playing this season, but Sportsnet coverage is awful, old dinosaurs like Cherry and MacLean need to go, and there is just a lot of blah hockey being played in the NHL this season.

The mediocrity is rampant. I'm also biased because I'm watching a team chock full of talent do...whatever it is they do on the ice, hard to call it hockey. But there's like a pair of entertaining teams. Can't we all emulate Dallas? Well, not the Oduya version.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't 30 kinda old to start watching hockey for a Canadian dash?

:behindsofa:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That PRice injury is bad news for the Canadiens. Wonder how they'll play without their best player for so long.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That PRice injury is bad news for the Canadiens. Wonder how they'll play without their best player for so long.

With how they've played this season, I'm sure they'll simply rip off a 15 game win streak.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Habs need an experienced goalie like Jonas Hiller, no way Mike Condon can handle the pressure...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Habs need an experienced goalie like Jonas Hiller, no way Mike Condon can handle the pressure...

Ilya Bryzgalov was sighted in Montreal today.

Status
Not open for further replies.