• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He appears to be out beforehe hit the ice and it happens after the devils went apeshit over the hit on zajac

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for one of the experts from sportsnet to come out with "dont expect any supplemental discipline" after they "off the record" talk to stephane quintal

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could put a certified genius at center flanking Maroon and Kassian and the line's combined iq would still fall well short of triple digits

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah that was the point he had to get shelled to get pulled whereas MAF just had to be MAF.

That was the point of "I guess thats what you get when Dion Phaneuf is your shutdown d-man."?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. Hamonic, Dal Colle and a first for JVR.

Cammon Garth, your jawb is on the line!

If he didn't do Hamonic for Hall straight up, this won't happen either. Dal Colle is having a decent first pro season. Him and Ho Sang could be primed to play on JT's wings for the next 10 years.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles are 4-0-1 in their last 5. They are doing a horrible job of getting Capuano fired. Terrible!!

On a lighter note, it's amazing what happens when Lee, Ladd, and Chimera start playing better hockey and producing. The 20 games it took the new guys to adjust may have killed the season though.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it was a fair bump. :noidea:
Yeah, it was a hard hit, but I don't think he gets anything.

Head may have been principle point of contact, but they always talk about the onus being on the checking player to ensure that his line is taking him through the center of the body, which is definitely what happened here. He looked like he was totally squared up to Larsen.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was a hard hit, but I don't think he gets anything.

Head may have been principle point of contact, but they always talk about the onus being on the checking player to ensure that his line is taking him through the center of the body, which is definitely what happened here. He looked like he was totally squared up to Larsen.

Looking at that hit it looks pretty clean. Larsen was hunched down and Hall was a little more upright. They are about the same size, poor little bugger just got caught with his head down.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All head, no?

idk ... to me it looks like Hall turns slightly and drives his shoulder into Larsens head at the end :noidea: meanwhile some are saying he let up ... i just dont know anymore at all lol

they say they want to protect players and eliminate head shots but then this is ok ... :ohwell: ... fighting is still allowed and those are the ultimate head shot ... one thing is for sure, class action lawyers are taking more notes

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk ... to me it looks like Hall turns slightly and drives his shoulder into Larsens head at the end :noidea: meanwhile some are saying he let up ... i just dont know anymore at all lol

they say they want to protect players and eliminate head shots but then this is ok ... :ohwell: ... fighting is still allowed and those are the ultimate head shot ... one thing is for sure, class action lawyers are taking more notes
To me that looks like a guy who's squaring his shoulder up to drive right through the center of his opponent. I think where I'd have a hard time is saying that there's any evidence to say he targeted the head. He seems to hit Larsen from directly in front of him and seems to be making the effort to go straight through the center of the body.

But who knows what the Wheel of Justice® will decide

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was an IIHF World Championship game, I think Hall gets tossed for checking too hard. Man, that was a violent hit (and I don't think Hall will receive any supplemental discipline). Larsen needs to talk to Sbisa about suicide passes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like what constitutes a catch in the NFL I no longer know what is considered a clean hit in the NHL. To me both the Hall hit and Zajac going into the boards were nonpenalties/legal but what do I know.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was an IIHF World Championship game, I think Hall gets tossed for checking too hard. Man, that was a violent hit (and I don't think Hall will receive any supplemental discipline). Larsen needs to talk to Sbisa about suicide passes.

I have always hated this term but I understand that it's here to stay at this point. But think about it... Sbisa gave a "suicide" pass but Larsen was the one who got "killed".

I'm guessing that the explanation is "well, receiving the pass is 'suicidal' " but I still think there's a better potential name for it out there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Dragon, substitute in hospital for suicide. The guy receiving the pass ends up in hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.