• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On To Week 4 And.... BETTER THINGS!?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sad2:

C'mon Seattle. If you lose against a Luckless Colts team with brisket boy I'm going to be pretty pissed off.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see us winning that game by a pretty solid margin. This game reminded me the chargers game 2 years ago where the heat was effecting the players even both teams. Who would have thought going into the game that Russell Wilson would have a career high 373 passing yards and us still losing the game.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thru the first 3 games of the season the one word that stands out for me most is "inconsistency " --- i also believe that this can be remedied as the season progresses.. the defense today was a huge letdown while the offense showed some improvements. This team has gone thru way too much together the past few years to continue to be inconsistent.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see us winning that game by a pretty solid margin. This game reminded me the chargers game 2 years ago where the heat was effecting the players even both teams. Who would have thought going into the game that Russell Wilson would have a career high 373 passing yards and us still losing the game.
About as much as some of us imagined how the Tennessee game would go?

Sorry to say this, but we have a ways to go before this team is back to the contender status again. Watching bits of that Titans game here and there, seeing the "No-line" allow the defense to rush Wilson, our own D allowing big runs as if they were still kneeling...Something is not quite right with these guys, and hoping that assistant coaches get their ultimatum if they still want a job there.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is fine. Let's not put too much stock in these games.

The Packers needed a last second score to beat the hapless Bengals at home. The Patriots needed some late game heroics to beat the Texans at home. The Broncos lost by 10 to the Bills. And the Raiders looked absolutely atrocious last night.

We've lost 2 very tough road games and yesterday's was in particularly bad weather conditions.

The defense got gassed in the heat. It's going to happen. The OL played, for the most part, much better yesterday. Russ started shaky and got much better once he started to get a pocket.

Let's not get apoplectic over a game that many penciled in as a loss before the season started.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is fine. Let's not put too much stock in these games.

The Packers needed a last second score to beat the hapless Bengals at home. The Patriots needed some late game heroics to beat the Texans at home. The Broncos lost by 10 to the Bills. And the Raiders looked absolutely atrocious last night.

We've lost 2 very tough road games and yesterday's was in particularly bad weather conditions.

The defense got gassed in the heat. It's going to happen. The OL played, for the most part, much better yesterday. Russ started shaky and got much better once he started to get a pocket.

Let's not get apoplectic over a game that many penciled in as a loss before the season started.
Yep, this is perspective that makes sense to me. A 12-4 team that starts 1-2 is still a 12-4 team. There's not a tiebreaker that is about your record in Sep.

The OL play picked up quite a bit in this game, and the result was evident on the scoreboard and in the stat sheet. Now to get the running game where it should be and the O will be on track.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is perspective that makes sense to me. A 12-4 team that starts 1-2 is still a 12-4 team. There's not a tiebreaker that is about your record in Sep.

The OL play picked up quite a bit in this game, and the result was evident on the scoreboard and in the stat sheet. Now to get the running game where it should be and the O will be on track.

I agree, but the one thing that I found a little baffling is that we knew going into it that they needed to play uptempo to mask some of their O-line deficiencies yet waited until their D was gassed in the second half to start doing it. Everyone says that playing uptempo puts a strain on your defense if it doesn't work, but so does going three and out for an entire half with 100 degree weather; not counting the last drive. I mean, it's clear that the uptempo game plan works for this team, and really really well. RW was on fire once we went into this mode, but it was too little too late. I hope that they come out guns a blazing next week against an obvious less opponent and make a statement. This game shouldn't be close next week.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is only one game on our schedule that I would pencil in as a loss, the Cowboys game and who knows how things will be by then with the Cowboys?

Keep the tempo higher. The offense clearly plays better in that rhythm. The slower grind the clock pace does not work for this offense. In fact this team has ALWAYS played better up tempo.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna go all doom and gloom either but there are some issues with this team that have been issues for the last 2 seasons. No way do I see the Hawks being a 12-4 team and competing for HFA in the play-offs at this point. I see them as possibly a 10-6 team +/- one win. We are in a weak division, fortunately but that doesn't mean we will win our division games.
The defense needs to be better. I also think some of the guys have lost a step but they are still one of the best groups in the league despite recent struggles.
The offense showed signs of improvement but they need faster starts in games to get some momentum. Almost every team in the league has struggles at O-line right now although ours has been really bad for so long, it's hard to be optimistic. I just hope they can find some play-calling that protects these guys and keeps Wilson from being killed out there. See if we can establish some semblance of a running game, to open up some play action/ run option and roll outs for RW. Hopefully Baldwin will be better quickly. Groins are tricky sometimes.
I think they should and will dominate at home vs. the Colts. I doubt they will overlook the Colts and September is over. Something about this month is just wrong for these guys. Not saying they can flip the switch with the turn of the calendar but the Colts just aren't very good, period and it should give these guys some life.
To Bennett, Avril and co. no need to jump offside, ffs. And Sherm, stfu and play the fucking game. The antics are just annoying at this point.
Just one question I have. Why am I hardly ever hearing Kam's and Wag's name being called much. Are teams just staying away from them or are they playing hurt or just not as good? They used to blow guys up trying to run on them but they seem to be invisible most of the time. Maybe it's just me imagining things, i don't know.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but the one thing that I found a little baffling is that we knew going into it that they needed to play uptempo to mask some of their O-line deficiencies yet waited until their D was gassed in the second half to start doing it. Everyone says that playing uptempo puts a strain on your defense if it doesn't work, but so does going three and out for an entire half with 100 degree weather; not counting the last drive. I mean, it's clear that the uptempo game plan works for this team, and really really well. RW was on fire once we went into this mode, but it was too little too late. I hope that they come out guns a blazing next week against an obvious less opponent and make a statement. This game shouldn't be close next week.
I cannot disagree. The only thing I'll add about the uptempo thing is that usually the more you use something, the less effective it becomes. Remember Mo Morris? He would come in as a change of pace guy back in the SA days and get like 5 yards a carry on a handful of touches a game. Widespread opinion that he needed to be featured more in the offense. So that day finally came and what happened? He proved to be no better than a league average guy when he got a starter's usage; when he ran plays other than the few they called just for him, he wasn't that effective. Just one of many examples. But on the whole I agree -- if nothing else seems to be working then you gotta go with what does until they stop it. It's at least worth a try.

Though not very productive outside of the 2nd half of yesterday's game, at least the O is not turning it over. Just 1 so far if I'm remembering correctly. That's as good as it gets for 3 games. If we do pick up the pace on O, I suspect turnovers will be a greater risk. But hell, no matter what we do I doubt we finish the season with just a handful.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot disagree. The only thing I'll add about the uptempo thing is that usually the more you use something, the less effective it becomes. Remember Mo Morris? He would come in as a change of pace guy back in the SA days and get like 5 yards a carry on a handful of touches a game. Widespread opinion that he needed to be featured more in the offense. So that day finally came and what happened? He proved to be no better than a league average guy when he got a starter's usage; when he ran plays other than the few they called just for him, he wasn't that effective. Just one of many examples. But on the whole I agree -- if nothing else seems to be working then you gotta go with what does until they stop it. It's at least worth a try.

Though not very productive outside of the 2nd half of yesterday's game, at least the O is not turning it over. Just 1 so far if I'm remembering correctly. That's as good as it gets for 3 games. If we do pick up the pace on O, I suspect turnovers will be a greater risk. But hell, no matter what we do I doubt we finish the season with just a handful.

I would argue that there is a difference between a player's effectiveness varying with play and a team's.

Do you know when the Seahawks were playing an up tempo system? 2nd half of 2015. And RW was the best QB in football when we were.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that there is a difference between a player's effectiveness varying with play and a team's.
Could be. Or not much. Do you disagree defenses would adjust?

Do you know when the Seahawks were playing an up tempo system? 2nd half of 2015. And RW was the best QB in football when we were.
Maybe that productivity was about the tempo. I think it was a lot about pass pro.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that productivity was about the tempo. I think it was a lot about pass pro.

Well this is a bit of a chicken and egg issue but I think it is weird that the OL suddenly became better at the same time that Lynch and Graham goes down and we start playing up tempo.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a bit of a chicken and egg issue but I think it is weird that the OL suddenly became better at the same time that Lynch and Graham goes down and we start playing up tempo.
Well, Lynch didn't do anything that year so you can just easily draw coincidence to when Rawls became the guy. Then he also went down but the O kept rolling (though not really with a strong running game) until the playoffs.

I guess we need to clearly define what we are saying when we use the term "up tempo." Some people probably say it is "getting the ball out quicker" and some others will point to the frequency or pace at which we are getting to the line and snapping the ball. (The latter is what I call it)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Lynch didn't do anything that year so you can just easily draw coincidence to when Rawls became the guy. Then he also went down but the O kept rolling (though not really with a strong running game) until the playoffs.

I guess we need to clearly define what we are saying when we use the term "up tempo." Some people probably say it is "getting the ball out quicker" and some others will point to the frequency or pace at which we are getting to the line and snapping the ball. (The latter is what I call it)

I'm referring more to the latter. Few substitutions. More getting the defense on their back foot.

Getting the ball out quicker is part of the play selections, not the tempo.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where do some of you get 12-4 team, This is not a 12-4 team right now. THIS team would be lucky to finish 8-8.

The Run Defense is one of the worst in the NFL, The Oline IS the worst in the NFL. Seattle has the 30th ranked Run Defense -.- . We saw it in preseason and people said that was because they were not game planing but i guess that's not the case now is it.

This team use to pride itself on the speed of the defense but that speed is not showing up and the WHOLE defense got out ran by a RB that is much slower than he was as a rookie, Murray is not the 4.41 40 guy he is more like a 4.5 40 guy now and that shows up. You can see he isn't that speed guy yet he made our Defense look old VERY old and slow VERY slow.

Bennett does his adlib on the first play of the game and got a tackle for lose. Later he adlibs again and Murray just cuts it back to Bennetts vacated spot for a big gain. Sherman can't control himself, he is immature and if he has not grown up yet he never will be. He use to bitch about how he is the best in the game, that was fine because he was but now he just bitches. Nothing about being the best in the game getting offensive players mad at him. Now it's just the big cry baby wine "why me why me, no fair no fair" He is a bigger crybaby than Rivers or Brady, think about that for a minute.

Ok so talent. Yes i think there is talent on this team Older 28-30 year old talent and that is showing up on the field. slower, no smarter, and flirting with disaster. This team right now looks as if it could very easily lose to the Cards, Rams, Dallas on the road ( 5 ) and Atlanta and Washington at the Clint ( 7 ).

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm referring more to the latter. Few substitutions. More getting the defense on their back foot.

Getting the ball out quicker is part of the play selections, not the tempo.
Yeah, I'm in agreement. We have something that seems to have worked time and again, and not much else has so far this year. We should do it until someone is able to stop it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where do some of you get 12-4 team, This is not a 12-4 team right now. THIS team would be lucky to finish 8-8.

The Run Defense is one of the worst in the NFL, The Oline IS the worst in the NFL. Seattle has the 30th ranked Run Defense -.- . We saw it in preseason and people said that was because they were not game planing but i guess that's not the case now is it.

This team use to pride itself on the speed of the defense but that speed is not showing up and the WHOLE defense got out ran by a RB that is much slower than he was as a rookie, Murray is not the 4.41 40 guy he is more like a 4.5 40 guy now and that shows up. You can see he isn't that speed guy yet he made our Defense look old VERY old and slow VERY slow.

Bennett does his adlib on the first play of the game and got a tackle for lose. Later he adlibs again and Murray just cuts it back to Bennetts vacated spot for a big gain. Sherman can't control himself, he is immature and if he has not grown up yet he never will be. He use to bitch about how he is the best in the game, that was fine because he was but now he just bitches. Nothing about being the best in the game getting offensive players mad at him. Now it's just the big cry baby wine "why me why me, no fair no fair" He is a bigger crybaby than Rivers or Brady, think about that for a minute.

Ok so talent. Yes i think there is talent on this team Older 28-30 year old talent and that is showing up on the field. slower, no smarter, and flirting with disaster. This team right now looks as if it could very easily lose to the Cards, Rams, Dallas on the road ( 5 ) and Atlanta and Washington at the Clint ( 7 ).

Overreaction post of the week!!!!!