• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On To Week 4 And.... BETTER THINGS!?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like anyone should be surprised?

Russell Wilson is 2-8 in September road games and everyone freaks out because he.......lost a road September game.

Not everygame is going to be 95 degrees on the field. The offense is already getting its shit together.

As Tony Montoya says...

giphy.gif

Reactions: JMR

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over reaction? Right now this team is not very good, 1-2 sub .500. The last time this team was under .500 they finished with a 10-6 record. Why is this sub .500 team worthy of 12-4? Thats just looking through Homer colored glasses.

Big things need to happen for this team to change. Offense needs to be consistent and so to the Defense. The last time they were talking about being more consistent on both sides of the ball and were sub .500 was 2015 ( 2-4/10-6 )and before then 2010 and 2011 their 7-9 seasons.

The Hawks need to bring in some WR's. We saw Baldwin ( Groin )and Lockett ( Cramps? ) Richardson (Cramps/Finger? )miss time because of injury this past game that left them with 2 that's it 2 WR's 100% McEvoy and Darboh. Thankfully all but Baldwin came back.

The Dline gets gassed way to easy, if you get gassed because you are on the field for a total of 32 minutes you are in trouble. Ok so it was 90 Degrees with a 57% humidity ( really 57% is nothing, not till it's in the 70-75% range does the human body start to feel it.) I lived in San Diego where 90 degree and 60% Humidity was norm for summer. The Humidity doesn't get you till it's over 70%. It was just an excuse the announcers were making for a poor performance by the Defense.

More consistent, how about just better period? Being MORE consistent means they are somewhat consistent ....they have not been somewhat consistent to even say MORE consistent. Unless it's more consistent at being bad? They are somewhat consistent at that right now :) lol

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the defense isnt exactly instilling confidence going forward and they are the supposed strength of this team. I hate to say it, but they look, old and undisciplined. 12-4 is a joke. No way this team achieves that. 10-6 at the most. Lets face it, things arent right and the outlook isnt good. Baldwin screaming at Wagner on the sidelines should be enough proof of that. I'd like to say that Pete can reel them in, but we all know thats not going to happen. Yes we all know the team stinks on the road in September (2-11 under Pete), but why is that? It shouldnt take until midseason to see some consistency. Struggling to beat the Niners at home was very telling. Next week when we struggle against the Colts, is everybody going to be so upbeat still? This team has huge problems.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Superbowl contender will beat the Colts by 21+. If the Rams can beat the Colts by 37 in LA then the Hawks should also be able to do so in the Clink. Rams put up 46 on them and we all think the Hawks are better than the Rams right? This will be a good gauge of where the team is at next weekend. It will be on display for the whole nation as it's a prime time game. A slot the Hawks normally dominate in. They better Dominate! Average Margin in loses 7, Average Margin in win 3

The talking heads on ESPN had the Hawks going 10-6 this season and that was with a win over the Titans. Once we start playing our Division games then we will be able to tell what type of team we have. Hawks need to go 6-0 or 5-1 at the worst in this Division this year no if ands or buts about it.

I have hope this team finds it's way, i am the one that stated they would start off slow when all most EVERYONE on this board were talking 4-1 at the break. I said 3-3 ( thought they had 6 before the bye ). I just didn't think it would be THIS bad.

total defense =23rd WOW really
total offense = 13th Wow better than expected
Scoring Defense = 8th we have seen better ( much better )
Scoring Offense = 26th this is a wow when you look at the Rams @ #1.

Titans had 5 drives in a row all ending in scores. Started in the 2nd quarter and spanned almost the rest of the game.

i think the start of the season will be bumpy. As the oline gels things get better and the Hawks end the season hot. Sound familiar?
posted before the first game

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another interesting stat. Ryan has 21 punts already. He might have 100 by the end of the season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know whats sad? San Fran, Indy, Cleveland, Jets, just to name some bad offenses are scoring more points per game than the Hawks. eww!

Defense needs to start forcing turnovers. One stop or one turnover yesterday and the Hawks win. The 5.3 yards per carry against makes me sick also. It's not like we faced all pro backs. all though this rushing defense right now could make them all pro's LMAO!

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody know any colts fans that want tickets to the game?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place has become a farce.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this league has become a farce

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my fault. The two games we've lost, I've had to work during the game and couldn't watch.

Anyway, we've seen slow starts on offense during the Carroll era before and I'd argue that the team was in worse shape after three games last year than it is at the same point this year. With Indy coming in on Sunday night, they have a chance to right a lot of things on both sides of the ball and gain some confidence before the Rams game next week. That game in LA is going to be big for a week 5 game. They get out of town with a win there and they'll have the bye week to get guys healthy and work out the kinks even more. This could turn out to be one of those years where a first half bye week is a good thing.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate looking past this week but honestly, the Colts are a really bad team as a whole, our guys are at home in C-link and it's on prime time. Everything is in the Hawks favor and anything less than a blow-out would be somewhat disappointing.
I agree that the Rams game could be huge next week. Still early in the season and all but possibly for first place in the division. LA giving up 39 points to the Niners leads me to believe they aren't as good as people may think but I didn't see the game so I'm just not sure. I guess we shall see. The Hawks and Rams games are usually pretty tight and hard fought. If the boys can win 4 out of the next 5 and be 5-3 at the halfway point, I could live with that.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is perspective that makes sense to me. A 12-4 team that starts 1-2 is still a 12-4 team. There's not a tiebreaker that is about your record in Sep.

The OL play picked up quite a bit in this game, and the result was evident on the scoreboard and in the stat sheet. Now to get the running game where it should be and the O will be on track.
Who is this 12-4 tem you speak of?
The team is fine. Let's not put too much stock in these games.

The Packers needed a last second score to beat the hapless Bengals at home. The Patriots needed some late game heroics to beat the Texans at home. The Broncos lost by 10 to the Bills. And the Raiders looked absolutely atrocious last night.

We've lost 2 very tough road games and yesterday's was in particularly bad weather conditions.

The defense got gassed in the heat. It's going to happen. The OL played, for the most part, much better yesterday. Russ started shaky and got much better once he started to get a pocket.

Let's not get apoplectic over a game that many penciled in as a loss before the season started.
Don't put too much stock in these games? They count just as much now as they do in December. The Green Bay loss, while disappointing, was not unexpected. But the Tennessee loss hurt bad. That was a game we were expected to win when pre-season projections were floating about. It will cost us. I put a ton of stock in that loss.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put too much stock in these games? They count just as much now as they do in December. The Green Bay loss, while disappointing, was not unexpected. But the Tennessee loss hurt bad. That was a game we were expected to win when pre-season projections were floating about. It will cost us. I put a ton of stock in that loss.

Well then we can panic and worry that the season is over. Also an option.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then we can panic and worry that the season is over. Also an option.
The go ahead and start because if this team can't beat teams like Tennessee on the road then they will have too many losses to win HFA, and without HFA the season might as well be over. Unless you want to hire a hit man to take out Aaron Rodgers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The go ahead and start because if this team can't beat teams like Tennessee on the road then they will have too many losses to win HFA, and without HFA the season might as well be over. Unless you want to hire a hit man to take out Aaron Rodgers.

Tenn is a non-conference road loss. If you have to lose a game it is the game you want to lose.

If we lose a home game or we lose road games like @Niners or @Rams that matters a lot more.

I still say we win 12 games this year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody interested in two 300 level tickets?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my fault. The two games we've lost, I've had to work during the game and couldn't watch.

Anyway, we've seen slow starts on offense during the Carroll era before and I'd argue that the team was in worse shape after three games last year than it is at the same point this year. With Indy coming in on Sunday night, they have a chance to right a lot of things on both sides of the ball and gain some confidence before the Rams game next week. That game in LA is going to be big for a week 5 game. They get out of town with a win there and they'll have the bye week to get guys healthy and work out the kinks even more. This could turn out to be one of those years where a first half bye week is a good thing.

You need to stop working on Sundays!