• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On To Week 4 And.... BETTER THINGS!?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my fault. The two games we've lost, I've had to work during the game and couldn't watch.

Anyway, we've seen slow starts on offense during the Carroll era before and I'd argue that the team was in worse shape after three games last year than it is at the same point this year. With Indy coming in on Sunday night, they have a chance to right a lot of things on both sides of the ball and gain some confidence before the Rams game next week. That game in LA is going to be big for a week 5 game. They get out of town with a win there and they'll have the bye week to get guys healthy and work out the kinks even more. This could turn out to be one of those years where a first half bye week is a good thing.
That road game against the Rams could be big. Sure would be nice to get a win there, could leave the Seahawks in good shape going forward. Lose......then the bye week will be used to make adjustments.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That road game against the Rams could be big. Sure would be nice to get a win there, could leave the Seahawks in good shape going forward. Lose......then the bye week will be used to make adjustments.

Yep, don't want to look past tomorrow, let's get a win and get back to .500, then focus on those Rams ... I hope it's not hot as @#$ for that game as well ... 85 predicted for next week in LA, BUT that can change, gotta wait until several day's before game time...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, don't want to look past tomorrow, let's get a win and get back to .500, then focus on those Rams ... I hope it's not hot as @#$ for that game as well ... 85 predicted for next week in LA, BUT that can change, gotta wait until several day's before game time...

Don’t mean to over look this weeks game. Need a win first and foremost, be nice if it was impressive, but the win is the big thing. Baby steps to improving the teams is what I see, just need to survive until things gel. Seahawks got a history of starting slow and finishing strong.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody interested in two 300 level tickets?

In the future when I attend games I’m going to pony up for great seats. No longer interested in seats in the nose bleed section, rather just stay home and watch on TV. Try stub hub Snuggles.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this 12-4 tem you speak of?
Well, before the season started I was thinking 13-3, with most likely losses @ GB, @ Dal, and then probably a road loss somewhere in the division. All that's really changed with that is the loss @ TEN is added in there. Just like Groz has been saying on 710: if you pegged this team for 12-4, it probably meant you had them losing to the Titans. I think it's quite possible we look back on this season and describe week 1 & 3 as the 2 toughest road games we had all year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, before the season started I was thinking 13-3, with most likely losses @ GB, @ Dal, and then probably a road loss somewhere in the division. All that's really changed with that is the loss @ TEN is added in there. Just like Groz has been saying on 710: if you pegged this team for 12-4, it probably meant you had them losing to the Titans. I think it's quite possible we look back on this season and describe week 1 & 3 as the 2 toughest road games we had all year.
I agree about the 2 toughest road games are behind them. It would have been great to steal one of those but the team didn't play well at all so it is what it is. I think we shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking we can win all of the division games though. Division games are always tough and the Rams always give the Hawks trouble. The Cards and Niners could pull off an upset. I know the division is weak right now but 4-2 within the division is usually pretty realistic. Any more is a bonus, imo. The Dallas game as you say will be a tough one as well. The Falcons game is a toss-up and the game in Jacksonville is certainly no gimme. The Hawks never travel well to the far side of the country and the Jags are an improving team that can surprise some people.
12-4 and HFA would be fantastic and I am hopeful they can pull it off but it's a tall order if they can't get some shit fixed and soon.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams might pull it off in Dallas, not over yet but they've played well ..

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A dry 85 is a whole lot better than 90+ and humid.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Rams just won in Dallas... wow

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2017-10-1_13-45-20.png

I'm so tired of, Lynch... He claims that he's standing up for equality yet, bringing division... I've lost all respect that I had for this guy... I'm tired of politics in football... I watch this great sport so I can get away from all this garbage...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guy's see the Titans score.... Good lord ... Texans curb stomped them... 57-14 ... 3 shy of 60 points ? Looks like the Titans got up for us and then mentally checked out for the Texans...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guy's see the Titans score.... Good lord ... Texans curb stomped them... 57-14 ... 3 shy of 60 points ? Looks like the Titans got up for us and then mentally checked out for the Texans...
Yeah, that's some crazy shit but isn't that just the way things happen for us. We lose to a team because they always get up for the Hawks and they then have a letdown the next week. Someone not as lazy as me should do some research on this but it seems I've seen this stuff before.
To be fair, I don't think we are alone in that department. Lots of other successful teams have a target on them. That is why one can never take any team lightly. The Rams winning in BigD, the Panthers winning in Foxboro, Atlanta upset by the Bills. The league is a lot more competitive than people give it credit for, I think.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OR
they were not as good as the Hawks made them look. Meriota left after a TD run in the 2nd Quarter also.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR
they were not as good as the Hawks made them look. Meriota left after a TD run in the 2nd Quarter also.

Well that could explain there lack of offense, but WOW, there D really let um down...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is weird considering Houston is a division rival for them. It usually happens that teams get up for divisional games and then maybe have a let down against another team the following week. You don't see the reverse happen too often.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe you are military and you listen to ESPN. I'm ex-military and I won't give ESPN the time of day. KJR 950.

And Tennessee didn't look very tough yesterday. Maybe they are tough depending on who their opponent is.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the connection between military and ESPN?