• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Omniscience League I - Main Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier said than done though. Scheduling is really key in this league. Once you can guarantee your playoff spot you can worry about the playoffs. But some of us had trouble making the playoffs.

Really my biggest bugaboo with this league was that it was not about the draft at all it was all about free agents and waivers. Next time I would definitely put a maximum on adds/drops.

It was though.

Draft was a very important part of strategy. My draft strategy allowed me to get a hot start and that was a huge part of the plan. To not need wins late.

Just depends on what your objective was with the draft.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s also a question about the pace of the league. Theoretically if everybody was paying attention you could do a week every fifteen minutes and do the whole season (post-draft) in four and a half hours. Or you could stretch it over actual weeks and take four and a half months.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was though.

Draft was a very important part of strategy. My draft strategy allowed me to get a hot start and that was a huge part of the plan. To not need wins late.

Just depends on what your objective was with the draft.

Thing about strategy. Is that when it works it works. You had “luck” on your side as well as you didn’t really have any tough losses.

But it is clear that the winning strategy is to front load your roster. Hope you win the games you were expecting to win early on. And then pick and choose from there on. And once you realistically clinch the playoffs focus on your playoff roster.

Also, the waiver wire was very easy to navigate because we didn’t have many active owners. With more activity it would be much harder!! And maybe the draft would be even more important than it was.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of waiver activity I felt like waiver position lost its significance. Especially late.

There’s a Fantrax option that allows each waiver position to take as many players as they want before it opens up to the next one. (That’s a little extreme, but brings up interesting ideas.)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing about strategy. Is that when it works it works. You had “luck” on your side as well as you didn’t really have any tough losses.

But it is clear that the winning strategy is to front load your roster. Hope you win the games you were expecting to win early on. And then pick and choose from there on. And once you realistically clinch the playoffs focus on your playoff roster.

Also, the waiver wire was very easy to navigate because we didn’t have many active owners. With more activity it would be much harder!! And maybe the draft would be even more important than it was.

I think you are overpaying the luck thing here.

My 4 losses I strategically chose not to compete and load up for future weeks. I could have made weeks 4 and 8 close for example, and maybe even won them. And I definitely gave you week 14. I had 151 points before I started dropping players.

But the risk of a close loss with my weekly strategy wasn’t worth it. So I invested in the future. And since I only had 3 players who I drafted and intended to hold, the only weeks I was really committed to were weeks 1,2 and 3.

While you are right about waivers being easier to navigate with fewer active players, that also means less players available because more guys stuck on benches. So some give and take there.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 15 (Wild-Card Round) Results
molsan 118.36 at ww 123.94
milk 143.74 at Gannon 163.8

Gannon was unbeatable Week 15, so I'm delighted he opted for the #4 seed when he could easily have opted for #6. Makes me feel temporarily relevant.

Week 16 (Semi-Finals):
#3 ww at #2 Sam
#4 Gannon at #1 Tlance

For the final four teams, waivers will run Sunday at 9 PM ET, and games Monday at 7 PM ET.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My 4 losses I strategically chose not to compete and load up for future weeks. I could have made weeks 4 and 8 close for example, and maybe even won them. And I definitely gave you week 14. I had 151 points before I started dropping players.

But the risk of a close loss with my weekly strategy wasn’t worth it. So I invested in the future. And since I only had 3 players who I drafted and intended to hold, the only weeks I was really committed to were weeks 1,2 and 3.

While you are right about waivers being easier to navigate with fewer active players, that also means less players available because more guys stuck on benches. So some give and take there.
Yeah, I think I still have like 6 of my OG players on the team now. I just dropped Godwin and Folk though and had I not made the playoffs they would still be on my team.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, all free agents have been sent to the waiver wire and waivers are back up and in the right order.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again. It worked for you. You had the right path that worked. But not all of us had a schedule that allowed our plans to work. I lost 2 games where I scored more than 130. That shouldn’t happen. But it did. Made me work for my wins. Even if I had help by the the opposing owner that week.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 15 (Wild-Card Round) Results
molsan 118.36 at ww 123.94
milk 143.74 at Gannon 163.8

Gannon was unbeatable Week 15, so I'm delighted he opted for the #4 seed when he could easily have opted for #6. Makes me feel temporarily relevant.

Week 16 (Semi-Finals):
#3 ww at #2 Sam
#4 Gannon at #1 Tlance

For the final four teams, waivers will run Sunday at 9 PM ET, and games Monday at 7 PM ET.
Goddamn it @wilwhite

Imma score over 160 and prolly lose.............this game is rigged I tell ya!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again. It worked for you. You had the right path that worked. But not all of us had a schedule that allowed our plans to work. I lost 2 games where I scored more than 130. That shouldn’t happen. But it did. Made me work for my wins. Even if I had help by the the opposing owner that week.
130 seems to about average when people are paying attention. I was counting 140 as the number to have a good chance at a win.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only reason my points against was so low was because I faced 2 illegal lineups where I would have won anyway.

Schedule thing is overblown.

And 130 isn’t really all that great in this league. Would be a below average score of everyone was highly active

Bandit probably the only 1 who can complain about schedule

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
130 seems to about average when people are paying attention. I was counting 140 as the number to have a good chance at a win.

150 was always my goal in the weeks I was competing.

Agree that 130 isn’t all that good.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of waiver activity I felt like waiver position lost its significance. Especially late.

There’s a Fantrax option that allows each waiver position to take as many players as they want before it opens up to the next one. (That’s a little extreme, but brings up interesting ideas.)
Would playing with FAAB money be an option? I feel like with a more active group it could enhance strategy and whereas someone might want to put in upward of a dozen conditional waiver claims in a given week, a FAAB system might otherwise streamline that process for an individual.

Milk brings up the concept of a seasonal transaction limit which is something I have thought about too.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would playing with FAAB money be an option? I feel like with a more active group it could enhance strategy and whereas someone might want to put in upward of a dozen conditional waiver claims in a given week, a FAAB system might otherwise streamline that process for an individual.

Milk brings up the concept of a seasonal transaction limit which is something I have thought about too.
Blind Bids would be pretty cool IMO. Then after all bids are taken care of, its open WW.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason my points against was so low was because I faced 2 illegal lineups where I would have won anyway.

Schedule thing is overblown.

And 130 isn’t really all that great in this league. Would be a below average score of everyone was highly active

Bandit probably the only 1 who can complain about schedule

I lost week 2 and 6 with 140 or more. If I won those weeks I could have planned out my playoff lineups better. That’s my point

Look at it this way, you had the most add/drops in this league. And since you were always on the offensive you were able to pick and choose which weeks you wanted to compete. Not everyone had that luxury.

Early bad losses made it more important to fight for every win.

That’s my point about schedule. Nothing more nothing less.

In any league you are going to have tough losses. But this league tough losses are worse because you invested more into them.