• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State QB Situation

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion has been from day 1 that the OSU starting QB should be Braxton Miller. Miller gives OSU the best chance at repeating their title run from last year. He is by far the most experienced guy on the team and even if you think there is a slight talent disparity between him and one of the other 2 guys ( I do NOT think that ) you cant forgo experience for a small tiny talent gap. OSU doesnt need a GREAT QB to win a national title. They almost lost their shot alst year because inexperince bit them in the ass once and if not for TCU's choke job at Baylor we wouldnt even be having this discussion, the job would be Millers.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion has been from day 1 that the OSU starting QB should be Braxton Miller. Miller gives OSU the best chance at repeating their title run from last year. He is by far the most experienced guy on the team and even if you think there is a slight talent disparity between him and one of the other 2 guys ( I do NOT think that ) you cant forgo experience for a small tiny talent gap. OSU doesnt need a GREAT QB to win a national title. They almost lost their shot alst year because inexperince bit them in the ass once and if not for TCU's choke job at Baylor we wouldnt even be having this discussion, the job would be Millers.
He never won a meaningful game for the Buckeyes. I love the dude but JT accomplished exponentially more stastically last season than Braxton (and any other Buckeye QB, for that matter) ever has, and he did it with a week to prepare for the season. JT and Cardale are much better QB talents. Braxton is an athlete playing the position.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never won a meaningful game for the Buckeyes. I love the dude but JT accomplished exponentially more last season than Braxton (and any other Buckeye QB, for that matter) ever has, and he did it with a week to prepare for the season. JT and Cardale are much better QB talents. Braxton is an athlete playing the position.
JT also threw for more yards than Braxton ever did 6 times.

Honestly, I don't think Urban can be wrong whoever he decides. You can make a case for any of them.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you keep Cardale off the field, doesn't he come back next year, and isn't that the best case scenario

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you keep Cardale off the field, doesn't he come back next year, and isn't that the best case scenario
I think both Jones and Barrett can come back next year. Barrett is a RS Sophmore, Jones is a redshirt Junior.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be Cardale's job to lose.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never won a meaningful game for the Buckeyes. I love the dude but JT accomplished exponentially more stastically last season than Braxton (and any other Buckeye QB, for that matter) ever has, and he did it with a week to prepare for the season. JT and Cardale are much better QB talents. Braxton is an athlete playing the position.

But he did will us to a bowl game in the 2011 season, with basically half the team suspended and injuries, he had nobody around him. That hail mary against Wisconsin was pretty amazing. He just hasnt shown he can make throws consistently. I think he has heart, toughness, all the intangibles but sometimes he panics and uses his legs too much. When he does stay in the pocket he cant take a hit anymore, injuries, when he takes off he still gets injured. The guy is tough as nails but I just dont think playing QB is the best thing for him now and in the future.

With all that being said, if he is fully healthy and has improved, this will be the best team by far around him on offense and defense.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 502 passing yards and 267 rushing yards in those two games combined with 8 total TDs. I'll take that kind of "blah" all season.

Don't forget what he did to Michigan State in East Lansing, as well.

numbers in college dont always tell the story. i sat on this forum with several buckeye fans who were frustrated with his performance in both games

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These QB's better enjoy college since none of them are headed to the next level.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best thing and the worst thing.

Best thing is obvious but whoever starts is gonna be looking over his shoulder. It was Miller's team until he got hurt. I don't know about the competition between Barrett and Jones but once JT got the nod it was his team. When he went down Cardelle was the man.

At this point no one has taken control. Until that happens your strength may be a weakness.

Tbh the best thing that could happen is for your starter to struggle early against VT and get hurt. The backup takes control and by conference play has won the team. It would eliminate some of the what ifs and give players and fans someone to rally around.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it the more I think Miller will get the start. Not my opinion just what I think will happen.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. I really don't think it matters. Urban hasn't had a QB at Ohio State that hasn't performed. People forget that Braxton went down in 2013 and was out for 3 games and his back was an unknown Kenny Guiton who still broke records at Ohio State.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the evidence tells us when it comes to Urban is that John Brantley must have been a really shitty QB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he did will us to a bowl game in the 2011 season, with basically half the team suspended and injuries, he had nobody around him. That hail mary against Wisconsin was pretty amazing. He just hasnt shown he can make throws consistently. I think he has heart, toughness, all the intangibles but sometimes he panics and uses his legs too much. When he does stay in the pocket he cant take a hit anymore, injuries, when he takes off he still gets injured. The guy is tough as nails but I just dont think playing QB is the best thing for him now and in the future.

With all that being said, if he is fully healthy and has improved, this will be the best team by far around him on offense and defense.
I'll give him that, 2011 was basically the Braxton show, but I still hate watching some of those games where he would put up duds passing and try so hard to rely just on his legs. It was frustrating as hell. Did you know in 7/12 games he played in 2013, he failed to even hit 180 yards passing despite averaging 21+ attempts/game? very bad.

numbers in college dont always tell the story. i sat on this forum with several buckeye fans who were frustrated with his performance in both games

Guys bitch the day of the game about anything they can when it doesn't go as they want it to. It hardly means it's actually viable or credible though. The Minnesota game might as well have been played in Siberia with the weather that day and he still had a solid day, and the only complaints I heard registered during the Indiana game was about the defense. I think you may have heard 1-2 guys complaining about JT here and there while ripping the team overall for both games being too close. However, stats don't lie. Barrett tore both of those teams up, through the air and on the ground.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, if only we all had this headache to deal with. OP may just have well started a thread titled "How should I spend my $10 million lottery winnings".