• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State QB Situation

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Cardale Jones. He led the offense at the highest level.

I think the real question is, how patient will CUM be with who gets the start? Will he be quick to sub in games where the offense struggles?
:pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be a competition where each QB has a chance to start. I think Brax even has a chance to start. They each add something different to the QB position, I just think right now Cardale offers the most.

Brax could come in on certain plays and line up at WR or even RB, also a great option on tricks plays. I just dont think he will be the starting QB when the season rolls around.
Barrett is still young. When Cardale and Brax leave next season he will be the starting QB. Just more time for him to grow as a Sophmore. No doubt he was a surprise last season and great as a freshman. He wil definitely have a shot.

But ultimately I think Cardale has proved he will be the starter. He is mentally tough, has a strong arm, can stay in the pocket or take off, underrated speed, is a bulldozer, and most of all he finds a way to win (although last year it was obviously a team effort.) I think this competition is up for grabs but it still goes to him in the end.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, in all seriousness, was the guy a real passer when he was healthy???
It certainly wasn't his strongsuit.

This is why I see him in a distant 3rd. If he has any desires to play at the next level, he'd bow out of this competition already and get in line at WR or H-back.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will it be images6TMT39W3.jpg for 2015?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even worried about the QB situation, CUM will make the right choice. I am more worried about their deep threat. Who replaces Devin Smith? I know they have a lot of speedsters and weapons, but who steps up?
Thomas will probably be the best WR, but he really isnt a deep threat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I see him in a distant 3rd. If he has any desires to play at the next level, he'd bow out of this competition already and get in line at WR or H-back.

I guarantee he wont bow out of anything. He is tough as nails, but I agree he is definitely 3rd on the depth chart.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett was great the entire year outside of the Va. Tech and Indiana games(and to an extent the PSU game, but up until that point that was his hardest environment all season). For a first time starter and a RS Freshman I'd say that's great consistency to be B+A- stuff every week. He's only going to improve.

Jones is a freak of a specimen. But I think losing his deep threat(Smith) will hurt his game more than it will Barrett. I'm not sure how consistent he'll be on the intermediate throws, something I think Barrett is very good at. Jones was very average against Bama, and was slightly better against Oregon. Although he did overpower those teams on his runs, which was somewhat surprising against Bama.

I don't think Miller has much of a chance, and I think he's pretty clearly the 3rd option at this point.

I'd go with Barrett(under the assumption he'll be fully healthy by the start of the season)

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said this as soon as he got hurt. Why continue to fight for a position where your pro outlook isn't that good when you could possibly have a better shot at another position? See Denard Robinson for example. If all he wanted to do was play QB he would have never seen an NFL field. Although Braxton is a better passer than Denard but he also has a bum shoulder.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this as soon as he got hurt. Why continue to fight for a position where your pro outlook isn't that good when you could possibly have a better shot at another position? See Denard Robinson for example. If all he wanted to do was play QB he would have never seen an NFL field. Although Braxton is a better passer than Denard but he also has a bum shoulder.

But you never know what's going to happen to QB's in front of you.
Get hurt.
Get fucked up on drugs.
Not go to class.
Girl friend problems.
Get arrested.
Just make mistakes.

Good chance he could see some playing time.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you never know what's going to happen to QB's in front of you.
Get hurt.
Get fucked up on drugs.
Not go to class.
Girl friend problems.
Get arrested.
Just make mistakes.

Good chance he could see some playing time.
Are you talking College or NFL?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has 11 Heisman candidate QBs on their roster now, any one of OSU QBs would be about 23rd on the depth chart behind the kickers, wrs, and two of the RBs.

Shit the 2015 season should be cancelled. Crazy Jimbo will work miracles this year & not only will they run the table but every major award will be won by a wolvereeeen. Making them the single bestest CFB team of all time!

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit the 2015 season should be cancelled. Crazy Jimbo will work miracles this year & not only will they run the table but every major award will be won by a wolvereeeen. Making them the single bestest CFB team of all time!

Not even close.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who Urban will give the start to. I guess it's all going to depend who does the best in training.

I have a feeling he's going to give it to Braxton though.