• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know pretty much everyone will disagree with me, but part of me still feels McGlinchey in the first round would help this team short term and long term more than any other pick. Move Collins back to LG. Hopefully McGlinchey can start at RT and you have Fleming as your swing tackle and let the other guys fight for backup G/C. Wit ha nOL like that a lot of your other problems will magically disappear. This also protects us against another injury plagued season from Smith or if it gets worse and he misses a huge chunk of time. One thing we are darn good at is spotting OL talent early in the draft. If the scouts think he is a stud I think he is a great option at 19.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know pretty much everyone will disagree with me, but part of me still feels McGlinchey in the first round would help this team short term and long term more than any other pick. Move Collins back to LG. Hopefully McGlinchey can start at RT and you have Fleming as your swing tackle and let the other guys fight for backup G/C. Wit ha nOL like that a lot of your other problems will magically disappear. This also protects us against another injury plagued season from Smith or if it gets worse and he misses a huge chunk of time. One thing we are darn good at is spotting OL talent early in the draft. If the scouts think he is a stud I think he is a great option at 19.
I'm not for an OL in the 1st, but I wouldn't be upset if it happens.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before we got active in FA, I said draft the best oline guy at 19 and one of the Georgia RB's in the 3rd and lets just pound week after week....but that was before we started filling holes in FA

I don't think you need 5 pro bowlers across your line and I'm not for drafting a guard at 19.
I think Collins will stay at RT and Fleming the swing tackle. Draft a guard in round 3 and lets roll. I think the guard last year who played between Smith and Fredrick had a huge advantage and I think that happens again.
Safety and LB are our eye sores as we sit here today and hopefully one of those positions is addressed at 19

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before we got active in FA, I said draft the best oline guy at 19 and one of the Georgia RB's in the 3rd and lets just pound week after week....but that was before we started filling holes in FA

I don't think you need 5 pro bowlers across your line and I'm not for drafting a guard at 19.
I think Collins will stay at RT and Fleming the swing tackle. Draft a guard in round 3 and lets roll. I think the guard last year who played between Smith and Fredrick had a huge advantage and I think that happens again.
Safety and LB are our eye sores as we sit here today and hopefully one of those positions is addressed at 19
LB is pretty deep in this draft. I wouldn't mind picking up 2-3(of our ten picks) and turning it into a deep position for a change. Extra LB's also make your special teams that much stronger

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak also throws the ball away a lot on purpose which keeps his % down (a little) and to some those throws can look like poor throws. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but IMO a huge part of the reason Dak was not as accurate as he needed to be last year (and if we are being honest, he just wasn't) was the fact that guys just did not get open enough or make any plays for him that were in their catch radius. Yes, a huge part of that was Dez, but how often was Witten open? T Will? Even Beasley was shut down and on top of that "our greatest line in the history of the league" (as some wanted to say) was too often just not so great at protecting Dak last year. I will make an excuse for the OL: T Smith and Collins had bad backs pretty much all season. That was a huge problem for this offense as we all saw.

I'm not making excuses for Dak because bottom line there were plenty of plays he too needed to be better on. But if those around him aren't better he just isn't the type of QB and isn't in the type of Offense to still put up huge numbers. We need to get better than last year around him if we are going to be a serious playoff contender. And another thing, I understand how important he is and I understand how he got hurt running the ball (which also bothered him for a game and a half) but he needs to run even more on 3rd down. Not all game long, but at crunch time and in big spots. First of all because it is almost unstoppable and will lead to more success because he will convert and second of all because it will help open up the field as the defenders are forced to be aware of him or put a spy on him. Bottom line the Offense needs to be better than last year and yes that includes Zeke and the play calling/schemes too. I think we have most of the parts in place. We absolutely needed another quality starting OL (maybe that's Fleming or a draft pick or maybe it will hurt us badly again) and we needed better receiver play (we have addressed that in FA and will likely draft there early too). So, I think the team saw the problems and has moved towards solving them and combined with the Zeke saga being over and hopefully better health on our OL, I really do expect a much better offense in 2018 than 2017 with or without Dez.:2cents:
The offense seems to better with the addition of the added recievers, no Zeke suspension, suring up o-line, and no doubt Dak is working hard to improve. I expect this offens to be much better. My only concern is the coaches.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just read this on a Q&A on the Cowboys website. If true it could be great news for this team for the next few years:

I was told from a reliable source that Smith was in California working on his back. He was making such progress that surgery was no longer an option and it was the best he’d felt in years. Hopefully this season he can play pain free.

Now of course as proof of how biased the Cowboys website is, the same Q&A session included both writers talking about how good Jeff Heath was and that he is the likely starter again next year, so take it for what you will...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this on a Q&A on the Cowboys website. If true it could be great news for this team for the next few years:

I was told from a reliable source that Smith was in California working on his back. He was making such progress that surgery was no longer an option and it was the best he’d felt in years. Hopefully this season he can play pain free.

Now of course as proof of how biased the Cowboys website is, the same Q&A session included both writers talking about how good Jeff Heath was and that he is the likely starter again next year, so take it for what you will...
Also, a whole article now about Smith feeling better:hope:
With an Early Jump to Offseason Rehab, Tyron Smith “Feeling Great Right Now”

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense seems to better with the addition of the added recievers, no Zeke suspension, suring up o-line, and no doubt Dak is working hard to improve. I expect this offens to be much better. My only concern is the coaches.
Garrett had the Zeke ordeal as a crutch last season. No playoffs again and he is gone IMO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett had the Zeke ordeal as a crutch last season. No playoffs again and he is gone IMO
I agree. This is playoff or bust for Garrett. If they dont make the playoffs, I dont want to see any of those coaches after next year.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. This is playoff or bust for Garrett. If they dont make the playoffs, I dont want to see any of those coaches after next year.

Agreed! Not just head coach, but the entire bunch.

I would keep Garrett as a "atmosphere guru," but not as a coach.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys receiving core is aging. Ridley would be Dak friendly. Ridley is the real deal and we'll worth pick 19

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If certain players are gone I would not have a problem with mcglinchey who could start leaving Fleming as swing. In the end I think the Tyron Smith injury is what killed the season. I also thought Cooper as a band aid and just was never impressed. .the left side of the OL was a sieve when tyron was out. I also think Fleming is a way better player than chaz or bell

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If certain players are gone I would not have a problem with mcglinchey who could start leaving Fleming as swing. In the end I think the Tyron Smith injury is what killed the season. I also thought Cooper as a band aid and just was never impressed. .the left side of the OL was a sieve when tyron was out. I also think Fleming is a way better player than chaz or bell
That bar you set it low.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which of the LB would you like at 19, excluding R.Smith? I don't think S is an option in the 1st round, but do you have someone you like? Personally, I could live with Vander Esch or Evans at #19, but would prefer Vea - little more worried about Evans potentially being hurt. I would like to see the team go a combination of DT/LB in rounds 1/2. Find a S in the later rounds.

I'm torn on moving L.Collins back to G or not. Have to think a young guy like Flemming signed here with at least the promise he would compete for the RT spot - sounds like he was a likely starter in New England if he had stayed.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At a minimum Linehan should have been gone after last year, someone needed to be held responsible for the mess that was that offense. Garrett should be on thin ice this year - I'm not suggesting an in season firing - he needs to have a deep playoff run this year. Another 1 and done in the playoffs, regardless of regular season success, should not be acceptable. Are Dallas' aspirations to become the Bengals?

At a minimum, NFC championship game or bust for Garrett. JMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a minimum Linehan should have been gone after last year, someone needed to be held responsible for the mess that was that offense. Garrett should be on thin ice this year - I'm not suggesting an in season firing - he needs to have a deep playoff run this year. Another 1 and done in the playoffs, regardless of regular season success, should not be acceptable. Are Dallas' aspirations to become the Bengals?

At a minimum, NFC championship game or bust for Garrett. JMO
It's tough to argue that, but my only comeback is...weren't we told when Linehan came in that Garrett's Offense was being forced on him and that other than some tinkering here and there wasn't going to change? There were some questionable play calls no doubt that Linehan needs to take responsibility for, but probably not too many more than on most teams. I feel like it's a package deal at this point. We can't keep getting rid of the guys around Garrett and keep Garrett. I actually like Garrett and think he can be a real good HC but he needs to give up some control. If we miss the playoffs and he is going to still be here it should truly be as HC only. He will always be heavily involved in the Offense because that is how he is, but get an OC that you allow to implement his own offense. We need more creativity on that side of the ball for sure.