• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he cuts him outright. It will stupid IMO. You dont think that some of the 800 yards instead of 1200 could be attributed to Dak as well??
I think Dak got sick of watching Dez quit on his routes after crying and bitching on the sideline to get the ball

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with this line of thinking
BUT...jerry remains in the room, SO....I haven't a clue, LOL
And that pretty much sums it up. We can all talk about what we think will or should happen, but when all is said and done Jerry is the wild card and who knows what he'll decide. I think the comments he made about 'not even considering a scenario in which Dez wasn't on the team this year' are telling, but will that change? Maybe. Will Stephen convince him to cut Dez? Maybe. But when Jerry is making the decisions they final decision doesn't have to be based on common sense. So really none of us has a clue...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he has a great year, it might get us a comp pick.
I haven't seen the numbers, but I'm not sure he will be making enough for that to matter

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley would be a rookie in the NFL. It will take time for him to adjust to NFL. While it would be good for the cap, Dez will be here this year regardless of taking a pay cut. Dallas would be foolish just to cut him. I can see a possible trading of Dez. Cutting outright?? I dont see it IMO. Dez has to improve and Dak does as well.
I don't see a trade happening. Why would a team with no allegiance to him give him $12.5M per year for two years after watching the tape of him the last couple of years and also give up a pick to do it? One benefit is that if he would come with no guaranteed money so if he doesn't look better they could cut him and pay him nothing, but you don't usually give up anything in return for that. Who knows

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the numbers, but I'm not sure he will be making enough for that to matter
If I'm not mistaking playing time and performance are also used in the comp award process. I might be wrong.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he cuts him outright. It will stupid IMO. You dont think that some of the 800 yards instead of 1200 could be attributed to Dak as well??
The problem with that argument is that he didn't even play like an 800 yard receiver last year. If anyone not named Dez Bryant played that poorly they would have been on the sideline. He was awful. I think if Dez wasn't playing Dak would have looked a lot better because he would have spread the ball around more and not had a guy missing balls and not being in the right place and causing ints. You can't try to argue Dez wasn't horrible last year. As a Dez fan I think your argument is he can be much, much better this upcoming year. Me, I'm still real torn...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley would be a rookie in the NFL. It will take time for him to adjust to NFL. While it would be good for the cap, Dez will be here this year regardless of taking a pay cut. Dallas would be foolish just to cut him. I can see a possible trading of Dez. Cutting outright?? I dont see it IMO. Dez has to improve and Dak does as well.
Totally agree with this. Taco could end up a superstar, but he was no help to this team last year. There is no guarantee a rookie will contribute year one, or ever. Ridley (or whomever) could be a week 1 All Pro or barely see the field all year. It's a crap shoot

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaking playing time and performance are also used in the comp award process. I might be wrong.
Correct. All of those are factors. But what I remember is if you make under a certain amount you aren't eligible. They've never released the actual "formula"...which could just be Goodell doing this:

upload_2018-4-5_8-58-40.jpeg

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you have to say about Dez is objective. You are a Dez hater like Romo lovers. You hate um you want him gone. Rinse and reapeat. . No one said the Cowboys cant live without Dez. I would much rather they trade him then outright cut him. No one player is indespensiblle on Dallas.

Nothing is objective??? Everything I wrote was objective.

When we drafted Dez, I was excited. I thought, "Finally, we have a WR that will dominate." He had some growing pains his first year and a half in the league, which is typical, so I still had high hopes for him. Into his third and fourth years, I noticed a tendency on his part, though - his routes were sloppy and he didn't protect the football or the QB. He used his size and strength extremely well in the endzone, which made him a TD machine in the redzone, but he has always been inconsistent, at best, for the other 80 yards of the field. That's objective!

I don't hate Dez. In fact, I would love to have Dez be worth his contract, but even before he got this current contract I saw aspects of his game that indicated he wouldn't live up to it. That's objective.

My opinion four years ago was that we should have traded him while he still had value. Your opinion is that you want to trade him now that he has no value. No one is going to take on Dez's 12.5 million cap hit plus give us even a 7th round draft pick. If anything, we would have to give the other team a draft pick to get them to take his cap hit.

And you say I'm the one not being objective.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley i's going to burn lots of dbs. He is ready to come in right away and be a #1. Runs better routes than dez,williams,hurns

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that argument is that he didn't even play like an 800 yard receiver last year. If anyone not named Dez Bryant played that poorly they would have been on the sideline. He was awful. I think if Dez wasn't playing Dak would have looked a lot better because he would have spread the ball around more and not had a guy missing balls and not being in the right place and causing ints. You can't try to argue Dez wasn't horrible last year. As a Dez fan I think your argument is he can be much, much better this upcoming year. Me, I'm still real torn...

I agree. I am not defending Dez for his drops. There were too many, but there were also too many times Daks was not even close to being accurate. I also agree Dez better play better this year. I also would not have a problem with Dallas trading him. I only care about winning for the boys like all of us.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our front office just continues to look better and better. They sat out the first week of FA when everyone was getting wildly overpaid, despite many of their fans complaining(probably the same ones who complain about the teams cap situation lol), then they go out and add 6 guys that will make the team and provide excellent depth. If you look at the job this team has done the last five years in the draft, improved the cap situation, while going from one of the oldest teams in the league to one of the youngest, it's as good a job as anyone has done during that time frame. If the team has another good draft, which they are now set up to do, this team will be salty next year and in the years to come

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez was a below average receiver last year and that's being generous. He was honestly bad. If your QB has to constantly throw you open, you are not playing at a high level. Dez consistently had 1 on 1 situations against average to below average corners and nobody respected him enough to get open, but when Dak throws the ball and it sails over Dez's head, Cowboy fans think that's on Dak when Dez couldn't beat a below average corner in a situation where he has to beat his man in order for Dak to throw the ball in a position where Dez can get it.

IT'S NOT ALL DEZ FAULT. He plays in a very unfriendly offense along with Dak. Jason Garrett's offense is way past its prime. Jason Garrett has an offense that is designed for his receivers to beat their man consistently one on one. It works when TO is playing well, when Miles Austin is playing well, when Dez is playing well, and when Witten is playing well. TO and Austin are gone. Witten and Dez can't get open anymore. That spells disaster for an offense like Garrett's. Garrett offense's doesn't do anything to get his receivers open by design like you are seeing more and more in the league today. Garrett is stuck in 2007. It's too bad he couldn't adapt to the league like Andy Reid has. He needs to come to 2018 where teams are designing plays to get their best players open. He also needs to get more speed on the field. This team has no speed on offense. It's honestly pathetic.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our front office just continues to look better and better. They sat out the first week of FA when everyone was getting wildly overpaid, despite many of their fans complaining(probably the same ones who complain about the teams cap situation lol), then they go out and add 6 guys that will make the team and provide excellent depth. If you look at the job this team has done the last five years in the draft, improved the cap situation, while going from one of the oldest teams in the league to one of the youngest, it's as good a job as anyone has done during that time frame. If the team has another good draft, which they are now set up to do, this team will be salty next year and in the years to come
I'm not so sure all of these guys will make the team or if they do, contribute much. Put Hurns aside and you can make an argument that one honey badger is worth all of these guys combined (and maybe even with Hurns). Let's not overstate what they did in free agency here. I'm happy with every single signing, but are any of these guys really the type of guy that you would have been disappointed if we didn't sign them? I think that like the draft sometimes we bring a guy in and we assume he will be what he "could" be and think we are going to get the best case scenario. Last year we did the exact same thing in free agency and it was a disaster. When we have the holes we have we can't get better just by bringing in depth. But, again, I am happy with each individual signing. I just don't know how much better we made the team. I think Hurns and Fleming are the two we need to have hit on and at this time I feel like we did...:hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gregory is reinstated and manages to not get suspended this team is going to be deep at DE.
I still wish we would have cut Gregory. If he gets reinstated it will be interesting to see what happens. Has he kept in shape? Is he mentally stable? Can he produce at this level enough to be worth the constant concern over what he will do next? I don't think he plays for Dallas this year, but who knows. The good thing is that because of all of the players that we added on the DL (and likely continue through the draft) if he does play for us he can just focus on 3rd and long which is what he should be best at.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure all of these guys will make the team or if they do, contribute much. Put Hurns aside and you can make an argument that one honey badger is worth all of these guys combined (and maybe even with Hurns). Let's not overstate what they did in free agency here. I'm happy with every single signing, but are any of these guys really the type of guy that you would have been disappointed if we didn't sign them? I think that like the draft sometimes we bring a guy in and we assume he will be what he "could" be and think we are going to get the best case scenario. Last year we did the exact same thing in free agency and it was a disaster. When we have the holes we have we can't get better just by bringing in depth. But, again, I am happy with each individual signing. I just don't know how much better we made the team. I think Hurns and Fleming are the two we need to have hit on and at this time I feel like we did...:hope:
Man, I gotta disagree with you Bud. Honey Badger would be a solid starter no doubt. But look at the 6 guys they added...they will all make the team, and at the least be solid depth. What that has done is allow the team to go into the draft and take the best player available regardless of position. If we had spent all the money on Honey Badger, OL and WR in the first two rounds would have been almost mandatory. Now, if the team takes a WR in round one, it means Dez will be getting cut, if they don't, it means he stays, but they have improved either way IMO. Now play it to next year...if Dez is here, it means he got back to being who he used to be, in other words, worth his salary, or gone. Romo's dead money will fall off. Outside of Witten, pretty much the whole team will be young or in their prime

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys doing better in FA than last off season for sure. Imagine Vea being doubled all the time?