• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zekes mom had some noteworthy cmoments today about former lead investigator quiting. Godell probably is furious

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the FA safety market stays cold if we dip our toes in if the asking prices drop...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to keep 6 million open for draft picks/udfa. Not a whole lot left after that unless Dez takes a cut or is cut.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screw Rodger...can't wait for his ass to be booed off the stage at the draft
Yeah, it is going to be must see television to see what the crowd does as this jerk first walks up to the podium.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some things they can do if they choose to clear some space. The Witten move wasn't that smart because he isn't seeing the end of that contract so they just pushed back money that will end up as dead money. But I think they are looking at it as one some of the 2018 post 6/1 moves will offset what they pushed back out of 2018 for him and it wasn't that much. I think the team is counting strongly on clearing space with Martin which would be one of the few smart ways to clear space and I think the only way they bring in another noon-minimum type FA is if they extend him.

Post 6/1 we will have some space due to Scandrick but that doesn't help right now. Assuming his back is 100% they may restructure Bailey which won't help much but will help with draft picks since he has 3 years left and is unlikely to not see the full 3 years or extend a guy like Beasley assuming he is in their long term plans and convert salary to bonus. Hanna could be looking at a forced pay cut or be cut too. They could cut guys like Chaz Green and other cheap guys that they know they won't want. They are also currently carrying a $1.2M cap hit for Gregory, not sure how that works. Then the obvious of cutting or reducing Dez or maybe Crawford. So there are a lot of ways to create some space that are not reckless. I'm good with waiting to see who is still there after the draft and seeing if we still have holes at that time. You can always grab a cheap marginal vet in late August if a need arises and you are desperate.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some things they can do if they choose to clear some space. The Witten move wasn't that smart because he isn't seeing the end of that contract so they just pushed back money that will end up as dead money. But I think they are looking at it as one some of the 2018 post 6/1 moves will offset what they pushed back out of 2018 for him and it wasn't that much. I think the team is counting strongly on clearing space with Martin which would be one of the few smart ways to clear space and I think the only way they bring in another noon-minimum type FA is if they extend him.

Post 6/1 we will have some space due to Scandrick but that doesn't help right now. Assuming his back is 100% they may restructure Bailey which won't help much but will help with draft picks since he has 3 years left and is unlikely to not see the full 3 years or extend a guy like Beasley assuming he is in their long term plans and convert salary to bonus. Hanna could be looking at a forced pay cut or be cut too. They could cut guys like Chaz Green and other cheap guys that they know they won't want. They are also currently carrying a $1.2M cap hit for Gregory, not sure how that works. Then the obvious of cutting or reducing Dez or maybe Crawford. So there are a lot of ways to create some space that are not reckless. I'm good with waiting to see who is still there after the draft and seeing if we still have holes at that time. You can always grab a cheap marginal vet in late August if a need arises and you are desperate.

Man, wouldn't it be nice if Gregory gets reinstated, stays clean, and plays like he did in college?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

right now taking in to account the draft and the top 51 players we are $1491307 over the cap and that doesn't count the $4375000 that Hurns adds to our cap. so technically we are $5866307 over the cap as of today. we definitely need to make some moves and one is to restructure/cut Dez Bryant and second we need to sign Zack Martin and Demarcus Lawrence to long-term contracts that reduce their 2018 cap hit

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now taking in to account the draft and the top 51 players we are $1491307 over the cap and that doesn't count the $4375000 that Hurns adds to our cap. so technically we are $5866307 over the cap as of today. we definitely need to make some moves and one is to restructure/cut Dez Bryant and second we need to sign Zack Martin and Demarcus Lawrence to long-term contracts that reduce their 2018 cap hit
Martin is a given, but when it will happen is the big question. Could be after we need to get under the cap and thus may not help. I assume it happens over the Summer.
Dez is a big question as to what we will do. Cut, reduce, trade, nothing? Trade is unlikely. If we don't draft a receiver relatively high I think nothing could be a possibility.
Lawrence I don't think the team wants to sign long term right now but it definitely could happen.
Obviously something needs to give. We needed to be under the cap by the beginning of the league year in March. I think we have until right before the start of the season to get under again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we resigned Looney and signed Martin. I wonder if they expect to keep both or cut the one that loses the battle form backup Guard/Center...or maybe one is backup Center and one is backup Guard:scratch:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Looney won the backup center job last year, have to imagine he'll be the guy there. Martin gives us insurance at guard as we enter the draft. Looney may also backup RG.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Looney won the backup center job last year, have to imagine he'll be the guy there. Martin gives us insurance at guard as we enter the draft. Looney may also backup RG.
They both play both. I assume only one is active on game day if they both make the team. All the trouble on the OL and all the talk about playing your best 5 guys and Looney never really was in the mix for snaps and he got more $'s than Martin in free agency. Kinda tells ya something. OG still up in the air or Collins is moving.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a decent shot we are not moving Collins and Flemming is the swing tackle we've needed. That makes it important to have plenty of guard depth. Nice to know that Martin can play center too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a decent shot we are not moving Collins and Flemming is the swing tackle we've needed. That makes it important to have plenty of guard depth. Nice to know that Martin can play center too.
If the words out of Dallas is true they will start the best 5, if that puts Collins at G so be it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dez is gone. Just a feeling, and really surprised, but I think he's gonna get cut

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dez is gone. Just a feeling, and really surprised, but I think he's gonna get cut

Hurns, Twill , Beasley, Switzer, Wit, and first rounder is not exactly the Greatest Show on Turf. I think Dez is needed.