• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez needs to be shown that we can clearly move on without him. S. Jones has repeatedly talked about pay cut. He needs to go full @hole, start talking cut and drafting our next great WR and moving on. The Jones can play good cop bad cop and maybe get a restructure done.

I am sure Dez knows what he is up against. I dont understand why some fans treat some cowboy players like they are the enemy. Easier said then done, just draft a great wide reciever.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really thought he was a good NFL prospect and no interest at all in the person

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Dez knows what he is up against. I dont understand why some fans treat some cowboy players like they are the enemy. Easier said then done, just draft a great wide reciever.
Am I treating him like the enemy? Don't think so. To the contrary, I want what is best for him and best for this team. Best for Dez is not getting cut. Best for team is keeping Dez and helping the cap.
Dez's own statement of absolutely not agreeing to a pay cut puts himself as a target because EVERYBODY EXCEPT DEZ is in agreement that he has not lived up to that contract for 2 years now. Time to see the light. No animosity, no hate, he's not the enemy - but this team can move on without him. Those are the facts. Witten just did it. Why not Dez?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the son understand no comment if the father doesn't:doh:
They are the ones that made it an issue by starting this crap publicly about speaking to Dez. I swear they look like idiots. They should let Garrett be the only one that talks to the media. Now there is no timeline? No wonder all the players bend them over in these types of discussions. Heck, they may give Dez a raise by the time it's done.

Dez Bryant - WR - Cowboys
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones says there's no timeline for a contract discussion with Dez Bryant.

"When we get ready on a decision with Dez, we’ll make it," Jones said. Most signs have pointed toward Dez getting released, but the Cowboys are being curiously slow paced with the decision. Perhaps they are holding out hope Bryant will grow amenable to a pay cut.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the ones that made it an issue by starting this crap publicly about speaking to Dez. I swear they look like idiots. They should let Garrett be the only one that talks to the media. Now there is no timeline? No wonder all the players bend them over in these types of discussions. Heck, they may give Dez a raise by the time it's done.

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones says there's no timeline for a contract discussion with Dez Bryant.

"When we get ready on a decision with Dez, we’ll make it," Jones said. Most signs have pointed toward Dez getting released, but the Cowboys are being curiously slow paced with the decision. Perhaps they are holding out hope Bryant will grow amenable to a pay cut.
I think they love Cortland Sutton, and if they can add him in the draft(via trade up), Dez will be gone, otherwise, he is back

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they love Cortland Sutton, and if they can add him in the draft(via trade up), Dez will be gone, otherwise, he is back
I tend to think they are waiting for after the draft too, but why bring it up in the first place. A simple "we don't discuss things like that" (after all of the reporters hysterically laughing) would suffice.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. You are soo right. Just shut up.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I treating him like the enemy? Don't think so. To the contrary, I want what is best for him and best for this team. Best for Dez is not getting cut. Best for team is keeping Dez and helping the cap.
Dez's own statement of absolutely not agreeing to a pay cut puts himself as a target because EVERYBODY EXCEPT DEZ is in agreement that he has not lived up to that contract for 2 years now. Time to see the light. No animosity, no hate, he's not the enemy - but this team can move on without him. Those are the facts. Witten just did it. Why not Dez?
When has Dez said anything about his contract in the last 2 months? He has not said anything about restructuring. They should have already spoke to Dez about restructuring before free agency.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Dez said anything about his contract in the last 2 months? He has not said anything about restructuring. They should have already spoke to Dez about restructuring before free agency.

You think in the time between this:
Dez Bryant says “hell no” to taking a pay cut for 2018
up to today - his opinion has changed? You think Jerry Jones would sweet talk him off that ledge and instead of an emphatic Hell No, get him to say Hell Yes? Who sees this article and just assumes - Oh, Dez is open to the idea of taking a pay cut? LMFAO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up to today - his opinion has changed? You think Jerry Jones would sweet talk him off that ledge and instead of an emphatic Hell No, get him to say Hell Yes? Who sees this article and just assumes - Oh, Dez is open to the idea of taking a pay cut? LMFAO
It's interesting. Going into FA, I thought he was taking a pay cut one way or the other, because after the Cowboys cut him, he wouldn't make what he is scheduled to from anyone else. Now that I have seen some of the crazy numbers thrown around, I think he might get a raise. One Hitchens got $9 million per and Jimmy G got his insane contract for 5 games work, all bets were off

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this route guy sounds smarter than the team. I still maintain Garrett's Offense is part of the problem. Our guys just don't get open and it isn't just Dez.

Bryant intends on working with receiver guru David Robinson in the offseason to improve his abilities. Some would question why a veteran of eight years would now look to improve route running but Robinson believes Bryant is a product of his environment:

“Robinson believes the Cowboys scheme has something to do with Bryant’s route running. In Bryant’s situation the strength of his game that the Cowboys have noticed is the slant route and jump balls, 50-50 balls, but in Robinson’s opinion he believes Dez can run the whole route tree, he just hasn’t been asked to do so. Robinson also believes the Cowboys should move Dez around more, from outside into the slot some because he’s a mismatch.”

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up to today - his opinion has changed? You think Jerry Jones would sweet talk him off that ledge and instead of an emphatic Hell No, get him to say Hell Yes? Who sees this article and just assumes - Oh, Dez is open to the idea of taking a pay cut? LMFAO[/QUOTE

That is an old qoute. Got anything new??

The cowboys should have met with Dez and talked about restructuring the contract.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's old huh? An "old" quote insinuates there is something newer. Has he come out with something new/different that makes this quote irrelevant? I don't see anything, and seeing how you are defending and seem like you are in the know, want to share with the board?

You say the Cowboys should have met with him like that would change his mind. What good would that do? The Packers met with Jordy, how did that go? Players feel insulted when a team offers a low contract as a pay cut. It's part of the business. They can either accept it or not and be cut.
The Jones already know their plan and the timing of it. We don't. So shoulda woulda coulda are a waste of breath.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this route guy sounds smarter than the team. I still maintain Garrett's Offense is part of the problem. Our guys just don't get open and it isn't just Dez.

Bryant intends on working with receiver guru David Robinson in the offseason to improve his abilities. Some would question why a veteran of eight years would now look to improve route running but Robinson believes Bryant is a product of his environment:

“Robinson believes the Cowboys scheme has something to do with Bryant’s route running. In Bryant’s situation the strength of his game that the Cowboys have noticed is the slant route and jump balls, 50-50 balls, but in Robinson’s opinion he believes Dez can run the whole route tree, he just hasn’t been asked to do so. Robinson also believes the Cowboys should move Dez around more, from outside into the slot some because he’s a mismatch.”

I definitely agree with this assessment. JG is a product of the 90s Cowboys, and he is basically running a 90s offense, minus the I-formation. There is nothing complicated about the offense, nothing that keeps the D guessing, nothing that even keeps the guy in his recliner guessing.

That said, Dez don't run routes like Irvin ran routes.

Secondly, Dez has a lot of heart and emotion on the sideline, but apart from an every-once-in-a-while catch for big yards, there is almost no emotion from him on the field. He doesn't seem to have that competitive drive that is needed while the ball is in the air to come down with the catch when the odds are against him.

Lastly, he tends to be a "me first" player. When is the last time you saw him spring across the field to congratulate Zeke for a big play. On numerous occasions, Irvin sprinted back from half the field to give Emmitt cudos.

So, it's great that he's hired a route guru. I wonder if that guru is going to teach him how to have a competitive edge while the ball's in play or if he's going to teach him how to be more concerned with the team than with his numbers.

Sorry, I didn't intend this to be about Dez; I was just going to agree with jarntt. However, there's more issues with Dez's game than his sloppy route running, and while JG shares some of that blame, there's things that Dez should have been working on before being threatened with a lower pay check.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn’t just that Dez doesn’t get open or gets no separation. It’s the fact that Dez was one of the best receivers at failed catch rate. That isn’t good. He was 99th out of 110 receivers in receiving efficiency. He was among the worst in the NFL in failed receptions with 14 last year. Saying Dez was bad last year is an understatement. This is what Dez fan boys don’t get. Dez was bad last year. I’m 100% for cutting Dez. I don’t care about him getting a route coach this offseason Route running shouldn’t even be an issue for someone making 17 million at this point in his career. Time is up.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think Garretts offense is the problem. I believe in the scheme. The problem Cowboy fans should have with Garrett is his choice of personnel for the offense, his questionable in-game decision-making, and in-game adjustments. Dez and Williams just simply aren’t the high quality route runners this offense requires which is why I see complete overhaul in the WR core in the next few months.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worded that wrongly. Okay I don’t really believe in the scheme. Lol. I guess what I’m trying to say is I believe the scheme could work with the right personnel. But the Cowboys just frankly don’t have the personnel required. And that’s on Garrett.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn’t just that Dez doesn’t get open or gets no separation. It’s the fact that Dez was one of the best receivers at failed catch rate. That isn’t good. He was 99th out of 110 receivers in receiving efficiency. He was among the worst in the NFL in failed receptions with 14 last year. Saying Dez was bad last year is an understatement. This is what Dez fan boys don’t get. Dez was bad last year. I’m 100% for cutting Dez. I don’t care about him getting a route coach this offseason Route running shouldn’t even be an issue for someone making 17 million at this point in his career. Time is up.
Believe me, I put most of this on Dez. My point is there are other things that need to improve also on this offense. When you see another team's receiver open by 10 yards many times a game that isn't just better route running. There are plays that set up other plays and patterns that set up other patterns or are made to confuse the defense that result in those things...but much less often for us. Also, I have heard enough opposing players say they knew exactly what play was coming and what route the receivers were running to believe it is the case and that is fine when you are good enough to execute anyway. But when you aren't, you can't have that.

And it's not just the drops or whatever a "failed reception" is exactly. When he isn't where he is supposed to be and the pass looks like the QBs "fault" and leads to an interception or an incomplete from our couch we don't even realize he was part of the problem. My feeling has always been that when a QB throws an interception it is always at least part his fault (unless the pass bounces off his receiver) because he is the one that decides to pull the trigger. But it was very obvious last year that bad things happened more often when we threw the ball to Dez. A big part of that was Dez and a big part of that was Dak forcing it to him (whether on his own or because he is being told to). One of the reasons (there were many) the offense worked so much better in 2016 was Dak appeared to throw it more to the open guy instead of trying to force the ball to an unhappy Dez.