• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors 1/12-1/14 (2018 Class)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has 6-9 spots to feel depending on availability and they are looking to close out the class well... This is a BIG recruiting weekend with a lot of names and it might not be over adding to the list so I will check up on it over the next few days... So here it goes!

Taiyon Palmer (4-Star, CB) [Lawrenceville, GA] - Palmer was once a Duke commit but backed off of that at the end of November and other schools (including Nebraska) came flooding in. Nebraska has made no bones about Palmer being the #1 prospect at corner for them and getting him in on the first OV is huge. NC State is another program trending up for Palmer as well. Nebraska could really use depth at CB and Palmer has the ability to make a case for playing time early.

Javontae Jean-Baptiste (4-Star, OLB) [Oradell, NJ] - JJB's recruitment has exploded since the winter months. He almost signed with Va Tech but partly due to Scott Frost and Co he decided not to. Since then he has gotten offers from Ohio State and Texas A&M as well. Nebraska getting him to visit this weekend is big but OSU is going to be hard to fight off and Va Tech is no slouch either. This could play out till signing day.

Caleb Tannor (4-Star, OLB) [Lithonia, GA] - Nebraska is likely only taking one more OLB in this class and Tannor and Baptiste are the targets. Currently, Nebraska is on the outside looking in with both but Tannor was impressed by UCF's win against Auburn and was convinced to take a visit this weekend.

Maurice Washington (3-Star, RB) [Cedar Hill, TX] - Washington recently won the offensive MVP honors at the Under-Armour All-America game... so he won't remain a 3-star for long. He has also gotten his grades in order and got the ACT score needed to get into college at the next level. Nebraska has been trending will with this one for a while but Ole Miss remains a contender and Tennessee has kicked the tires as well.

Jarrett Bell (3-Star, OL) [Norco, CA] - Bell, a former UCLA commit, speaks very highly of Nebraska and has a versatile skill set that can see him playing anywhere along the OL. Nebraska would like him to be a tackle and looks to be the team to beat at the moment.

Daniel Carson (3-Star, DE) [Independence, MO] - Carson was a Nebraska lean with the previous staff but never OV'd, which might work out really well for the current staff. Nebraska would like to add another DE to this class to compliment Wildeman and Carson definitely fits the bill. Getting him out of Missouri would be huge as well, Oklahoma and Missouri are other major players.

Miles Jones (3-Star, ATH) [Fort Lauderdale, FL] - Jones is a current Vandy commit but speaks very highly of Frost and co. Chances are a flip is on the horizon. He would be an offensive utility player, lining up at RB, slot and outside WR as well as special teams contributer.

Matthew Tago (3-Star, ATH) [Lancaster, CA] - Nebraska is recruiting Tago as a QB but the ATH was committed to UCLA to play linebacker until recently. Nebraska wants another QB in this class but also wouldn't mind if that QB had the versatility to help out at a different position. The 6'3" 230lb Tago fits the bill.

Braxton Clark (3-Star, CB) [Orlando, FL] - Clark is another corner prospect that Nebraska's staff was high on even when they were at UCF. They couldn't get him there, but the move to Nebraska has the CB intrigued.

Casey Rogers (3-Star, DE) [Avon, CT] - Rogers got an offer from Nebraska in December and is a late add to the visit list according to multiple media outlets. Not sure he has a commitable offer, but the visit is interesting. According to 247Sports he visited Ohio State and Alabama in December but left both without offers.

Mike Williams (NYR, WR) JUCO [Scooba, MS] - In an interesting twist another JUCO receiver could enroll early with Nebraska as Mike Williams has found interest with the Huskers. Williams is a dynamic athlete and possesses legit 4.4 speed while also playing on the JUCO national championship team this season. He amassed over 600 yards receiving and has seen interest from a myriad of programs late (Tennessee the most notable). JUCO signing day ends on January 15th so a decision needs to come quickly if he wants to enroll early.

Breon Dixon (Transfer from Ole Miss) - The LB/S played in 6 games for the Rebels and was a 4-star player out of HS. Dixon has said if he likes it at Nebraska he will just stay there and go to classes this following week. If he's unsure or doesn't like it he could visit Wisconsin later and transfer as their classes start later in the month.

Cam'ron Jones (4-Star, S) [Mansfield, TX] - He's not officially visiting, he's unofficially visiting, which is big for Nebraska because this would be Jones' second visit to Lincoln in a month. Ole Miss is the other contender here... but it's hard to see him ending up there.

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Nebraska has 5-6 quality 4-star type players visiting this weekend. Big weekend.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in walk-on's and this class could be 40-45 players.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Frost will take more walk-ons than either previous staff, but not much more. He'll get a walk-on bump for the next few years imo, and then kids won't be turning down offers to SDSU or NDSU... unless we really start winning (and I hope we do).

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty good with about six of those guys... here's my list from most to least confident on who ends up N

1. Mike Williams
2. Breon Dixon
3. Cam'ron Jones
4. Daniel Carson
5. Maurice Washington
6a. Braxton Clark
6b. Taiyon Palmer
8. Miles Jones
9. Jarrett Bell
10. Matthew Tago
11. Javonate Jean-Baptiste

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit sooner than expected, but Mike Williams just committed before his visit, so there's that. haha

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense though, wanted to enroll in the spring, likely going to start classes ASAP

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a message from a friend and he gave me some updated visit information. Maurice Washington still has Nebraska as #1 on his list but the Huskers are moving his visit... I think this might be to get him to bump his Tennessee and Ole Miss visits, we'll see. Also, Clark isn't visiting as Nebraska is going full court press on Palmer.

AND, a huge addition to the list is 4-Star OLB Caleb Tannor

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 32 can I walk on at NebHuskers?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did u go to college?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to SCC for welding I didn't graduate so I have some time left. Military service as in active duty or past service?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Frost hasn't contacted me really.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to SCC for welding I didn't graduate so I have some time left. Military service as in active duty or past service?
I don't recall the exact numbers, but you have to complete your eligibility by a certain age. However, time spent on active duty does not count towards that number. So if you are 32 and have 8 years in the service you would still be eligible.

At least it used to be that way.
The Huskers had an old man playing basketball for them under Danny Nee. Tee Buchanan was his name, I believe. He was up around 30 years old I think.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from my understanding (quick google search) the NCAA will allow people for all sorts of "Special Circumstances" (of which includes military service) to suspend their eligibility to play sports in college. However, if you went to college, even SCC straight out of HS, I think your eligibility clock started at that moment.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump for late adds... apparently my info was wrong on Clark, he tweeted that he is visiting still.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna post some social media stuff, but Tago did not make the visit, Nebraska is going all-in on Joiner as the second QB and didn't want to waste the visit with Tago. Casey Rogers basically took his slot.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3