• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid you're right and it's still shitty writing/booking. Why not just restart the match during the PPV???
Ellsworth got banned from the match on talking smack.

But yeah, this was the WWE trying to cover their giant ass after a huge backlash. They did it wrong. Give Carmella heat, elsworth heat. Don't change the result.

Honestly I would have left Ellsworth in the ring with Charlotte and Becky. Get a payoff from this.
I think it was intentional and just bad writing. Going for the social media pop and not playing it right. If that was the route they wanted. They should have drug the decision out a week let it escalate.Maybe even have her win the title to create more chaos. If it wasn't intentional I think she cashes in during the PPV.I could see Carmella winning via dumb luck which would now be predictable.

Becky Lynch cut another great promo. Would love to see them take her from the everyone cheats angle to a heel flip. Which would be epic imo. Don't see that happening tho.

Also think they need to cut back on the Orton/ Mahal/ Cena thing. And get Nakamura/Ziggler/Styles in the spotlight more. That match last night stole the show. Nakamura needs more promo work. But the in ring work between those three really doesn't get much better imo. Way too much potential for legendary matches that belong in that spotlight imo

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm afraid you're right and it's still shitty writing/booking. Why not just restart the match during the PPV???

It's subjective. I can only that I'm personally much, much more interested in who will be the woman's MITB than I was Sunday night. I'm more invested in Carmella and Ellsworth than I was on Sunday afternoon. I think it gave DB a good storyline for his return.
I am enjoying and want to see how the story ends.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But yeah, this was the WWE trying to cover their giant ass after a huge backlash. They did it wrong. Give Carmella heat, elsworth heat. Don't change the result.

Honestly I would have left Ellsworth in the ring with Charlotte and Becky. Get a payoff from this.

Actually PWInsider is saying this was the plan all along and WWE didn't change plans because of the backlash. They wanted to put huge heat on Carmella and Ellsworth but do a MITB match on SD where it'll get way more viewers.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I really don't think they're reacting to the backlash.
They created controversy for weeks worth of TV segments. I tend to think they knew exactly what they were doing before this all started on Sunday.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's subjective. I can only that I'm personally much, much more interested in who will be the woman's MITB than I was Sunday night. I'm more invested in Carmella and Ellsworth than I was on Sunday afternoon. I think it gave DB a good storyline for his return.
I am enjoying and want to see how the story ends.
Idk seems a bit predictable. I could easily see either Ellsworth finding a way to interfere again. One of the other girls bumbling and dropping the brief case in Carmella's lap. Or Carmella winning legitimately Either way it loses its luster. Better story after the Lynch promo and Dis armher to close. Lynch snapping and going heel has the biggest pop. Would blow Twitter away tbh. Not a fan of Carmella either tho. I can't say I'm impressed with her in ring or promo skills. And there is a female wrestler in NXT. That blows her out of the water. And it's not even close. So much more they could be doing. There's a lot of wasted potential on the table right now imo

Last edited:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't have an issue with any of that post.
If you're not a fan of Carmella and are disappointed she's being pushed that's fine.

I think she's awesome and just cut one of the best SD promos in months last night.

As far as Becky goes she's already a star and the end goal for her storyline should be winning the belt at WM.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an issue with any of that post.
If you're not a fan of Carmella and are disappointed she's being pushed that's fine.

I think she's awesome and just cut one of the best SD promos in months last night.

As far as Becky goes she's already a star and the end goal for her storyline should be winning the belt at WM.
Not so much that I'm not a fan of Carmella.But it's more about the angle they are going with. as far as a push. It's just a bit predictable and leaves a lot to be desired. It was her best promo I will agree on that. But it was very reliant on Twitter reactions and marketing more than her imo. As far as a heel push it just gives the feel that hate people should have towards a heel. Is more directed at the results or Ellsworth more than Carmella. In the end it's all going to hinge on the direction they go with it. But there are other directions that would give much more pop. Lynch was one example. She's in perfect position for a much more impactful heel flips.

I will say it's really hard to be impressed with Carmella or this storyline. Not sure if you watch NXT. But it does seem like a shame to waste all the potential Asuka has. Her agility and body control is unreal. She strikes better than so evof the male wrestlers. Her arsenal of submissions and her smooth transitions are on another level. She's got a head of steam breaking Goldbergs record.And the ability to perform as a babyface or heel. She's ripped through quite a few of the current wonans rosters on Raw and Smackdown. Major upgrade better matches imo. The same reason I would like to see more Nakamura/Ziggler/ Styles get more spotlight.Better overall product

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6/20 edition of Smackdown Live did 2,597.000 viewers, well up from last week's 2,072,000.

What's that old saying? Controversy creates cash?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6/20 edition of Smackdown Live did 2,597.000 viewers, well up from last week's 2,072,000.

They tuned into see Maria's ass...which was sorely missed on Tuesday night. :(

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not so much that I'm not a fan of Carmella.But it's more about the angle they are going with. as far as a push. It's just a bit predictable and leaves a lot to be desired. It was her best promo I will agree on that. But it was very reliant on Twitter reactions and marketing more than her imo. As far as a heel push it just gives the feel that hate people should have towards a heel. Is more directed at the results or Ellsworth more than Carmella. In the end it's all going to hinge on the direction they go with it. But there are other directions that would give much more pop. Lynch was one example. She's in perfect position for a much more impactful heel flips.

I will say it's really hard to be impressed with Carmella or this storyline. Not sure if you watch NXT. But it does seem like a shame to waste all the potential Asuka has. Her agility and body control is unreal. She strikes better than so evof the male wrestlers. Her arsenal of submissions and her smooth transitions are on another level. She's got a head of steam breaking Goldbergs record.And the ability to perform as a babyface or heel. She's ripped through quite a few of the current wonans rosters on Raw and Smackdown. Major upgrade better matches imo. The same reason I would like to see more Nakamura/Ziggler/ Styles get more spotlight.Better overall product

I expect Asuka to be given the same treatment as Finn or Charlotte and get shot straight to the top of the card as soon as she is on main roster.

MITB generally a good time to give a midcard or upper midcard heel a push up the card. Carmella is the right choice imo.

As far as Carmella's ring work, I would put it on par with Alexa Bliss who's had a good run on the main roster. That's another reason I think they're booking this angle well.
At her size and with in her in ring performance she would have to be a chicken shit heel. The angle with Ellsworth winning the match for her and the follow-up promo she cut on it were perfect.

I don't want to go in circles on it. I respect if people aren't all in on the angle or prefer a different brand of wrestling. I am a huge fan of Carmella and think the execution of the angle has been flawless.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's the highest rating they've had since the Superstar Shakeup over 2 months ago. Raw was up big too this week so there's probably a variety of factors at work but it's safe to say the controversy didn't hurt.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Asuka to be given the same treatment as Finn or Charlotte and get shot straight to the top of the card as soon as she is on main roster.

MITB generally a good time to give a midcard or upper midcard heel a push up the card. Carmella is the right choice imo.

As far as Carmella's ring work, I would put it on par with Alexa Bliss who's had a good run on the main roster. That's another reason I think they're booking this angle well.
At her size and with in her in ring performance she would have to be a chicken shit heel. The angle with Ellsworth winning the match for her and the follow-up promo she cut on it were perfect.

I don't want to go in circles on it. I respect if people aren't all in on the angle or prefer a different brand of wrestling. I am a huge fan of Carmella and think the execution of the angle has been flawless.
Idk as far as promos and playing the heel role Bliss is on another level from Carmella. I also think Bliss's in ring work is better.Much more athletic imo. I am a bit biased with Bliss tho. As far as pure talent Asuka is top tier imo. I agree when she is brought up she jumps to the top of the card. She's definitely a headliner. It does seem like they are giving her a push. Through social media

And they are booking her in more main roster house shows. I think once they decide to end her title reign.Which may be soon with the Cross,Riot feud.Especially after the way Asuka Cross escalated recently.Or Ember Moon with that story line in place.When looking at the rosters I would say if that happens.Unless they give Maria a bigger a shot or Lana pans out.She most likely lands on Smackdown.Carmella is the weakest link imo. Would love to see her on Raw tho with a higher competition level. And she may be able to boost Bayley.They had a couple great matches.She could get Bayley back to that rougher style she had in NXT.

I can respect your opinion on the angle. That said where do you see Asuka fitting best when she eventually gets the call up?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Carmella's promo Tuesday was as good (if not better) than any by Alexa. I'm really high on her as a performer.

As far as Asuka I don't have any detailed fantasy booking ideas for her main roster debut but I'd rather see her with Becky and Charlotte on SD as of now

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carmella's promo Tuesday was as good (if not better) than any by Alexa. I'm really high on her as a performer.

As far as Asuka I don't have any detailed fantasy booking ideas for her main roster debut but I'd rather see her with Becky and Charlotte on SD as of now
She has done a few house shows. Multiwoman tag matches for Smackdown. She got a big pop from the crowd and looked great. Very good matches actually. Not sure if you've seen them but they are on YouTube. If not I think you'll really enjoy them. I think the lean is towards snackdown at the moment. But I would say if they're going to bring her up keep the streak in tact imo

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice writing on the match to have Ellsworth attempt to interfere. Carmella will be a great champ.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fashion Vice > everything

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camella will dance around with that briefcase for a record time. Constant threats to cash in, same program they ran before but it will work with her.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fashion Vice > everything
The Accention were also hilarious in that skit. "We didn't do it. We just wanted to get on the PPV" And the shot of them taking the concert tickets when they thought no one was looking. Priceless!!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usos totally got robbed in that rap battle. However, weeniedo was fucking hilarious. I'm definitely stealing that

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usos totally got robbed in that rap battle. However, weeniedo was fucking hilarious. I'm definitely stealing that
At first I wasn't sure what to make of it.weeniedo was fucking hysterical tho. The whole segment wound up being funny as hell imo. The USO's and New Day not being able to fight off laughing throughout it was great imo