• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all for it at the time but now i say feed him to the good ole all American boy (aka SuperCena) and end it. The promos are decent but getting stale. Work is meh. Nothing special but not crap
His in ring work is fine, it's his promos that fall flat. He just doesn't have an intimidating speaking voice. He needs a manager for this to work.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His in ring work is fine, it's his promos that fall flat. He just doesn't have an intimidating speaking voice. He needs a manager for this to work.
Agree!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where is this guy when you need him

latest

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Maria and Mike Bennett are supposed to make their smackdown debut on Tuesday and watch for them Sunday

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Maria and Mike Bennett are supposed to make their smackdown debut on Tuesday and watch for them Sunday

Oh really!

I thought Maria's heel work in TNA was superb. She was genuinely believable as a cvnty bitch you wanted to see get her ass handed to her.

Way better than her airhead gimmick in her first WWE run.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really!

I thought Maria's heel work in TNA was superb. She was genuinely believable as a cvnty bitch you wanted to see get her ass handed to her.

Way better than her airhead gimmick in her first WWE run.
I'm down for anything involving her ass :drool:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah, there's photos on the internet that Mike Bennett and Maria being spotted at the airport with other WWE talent. Looks like they'll be at MITB tonight or SD this week.

In the mean time, enjoy this popular clip

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jinder. I hope he keeps his title against Orton tonight. Heel Jinder is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> face Orton, which might be the worst character in WWE right now.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jinder. I hope he keeps his title against Orton tonight. Heel Jinder is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> face Orton, which might be the worst character in WWE right now.
You got your wish, Jinder is still champ.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great Nakamura/Ziggler match. PPV quality. I wish they did something drastic to change Ziggler's role in the company. Maybe a run in the tag division or make him the leader of a faction. He's not Cena but he's too good to just be another midcarder

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Nakamura/Ziggler match. PPV quality. I wish they did something drastic to change Ziggler's role in the company. Maybe a run in the tag division or make him the leader of a faction. He's not Cena but he's too good to just be another midcarder
I agree. Put him with someone. He's clearly not a main eventer to them anymore, nor important enough to give a mid-card belttooo.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellsworth and Carmella were on fire tonight. WWE made the right move

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ellsworth and Carmella were on fire tonight. WWE made the right move
Yeah, I thought she was a very good promo but it turns out she's great when she has the right motivation.

Also a general message to the wrestling media and the internet fanbase. I know this will only be read by 5 or so people and is self-important but I'm still going with it..

The "women's revolution" shouldn't be about video montages and feel good moments. It should be about compelling storylines, having upward mobility on the card and eventually making more money. The women literally feel like the most important story on SD right now. Nobody was degraded or exploited in the process. If you're in favor of a real "women's revolution" as something more than corporate sloganeering this is fantastic. Carmella is a star. I hope she finds a new way to cheat and win next week.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this whole MITB rematch for the women is shitty writing at its worst.

If they have someone different win it this time, then what was the point of having the match on PPV?

If Carmella wins again, then the rematch itself does nothing to push the story along.

Stupid panicky decision by WWE to fan backlash.

Keep the original outcome as it was. It worked, you fucktard WWE Creative! Carmella and Ellsworth were getting serious heel heat! That's what you want in wrestling!

Do the people writing this shit even understand Basic Wrestling 101?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they have someone different win it this time, then what was the point of having the match on PPV?

If Carmella wins again, then the rematch itself does nothing to push the story along.

Keep the original outcome as it was. It worked, you fucktard WWE Creative! Carmella and Ellsworth were getting serious heel heat! That's what you want in wrestling!

Couldn't agree more. A redo is the best they could come up with, WTF!!! And, if you're going with a redo, why didn't DB ban Elsworth from ringside this time???

Instead, why not make Carmella do a gauntlet of one-on-one matches against the other participants in the original match with the case on the line in each match. They could've done the matches in one show or two which would've given them possibly 4 quality women's matches. Plus they could've built some new feuds by having one of the women in one of the last matches interfere in an earlier match and cost another wrestler their chance of winning the case.

And, why didn't Carmella just cash in Sunday at the PPV or even more shocking at the house show on Monday. How shocking would that have been to see Carmella come out to start SmackDown as the Champ? I know spoilers would've probably ruined that but enough people still would've know to make it special and create even more drama of what will WWE do now.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think it's safe to say the entire plan was to have everyone throw a fit over Ellsworth grabbing the briefcase so Daniel Bryan (on his big return episode) could restore law and order and have a rematch.
I don't think they're backtracking. I would be shocked if this wasn't the plan.

I'll be disappointed if anyone other than Carmella gets the MITB contact but I'm interested in seeing it play out.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say the entire plan was to have everyone throw a fit over Ellsworth grabbing the briefcase so Daniel Bryan (on his big return episode) could restore law and order and have a rematch.
I don't think they're backtracking. I would be shocked if this wasn't the plan.

I'll be disappointed if anyone other than Carmella gets the MITB contact but I'm interested in seeing it play out.
I'm afraid you're right and it's still shitty writing/booking. Why not just restart the match during the PPV???

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. A redo is the best they could come up with, WTF!!! And, if you're going with a redo, why didn't DB ban Elsworth from ringside this time???

Instead, why not make Carmella do a gauntlet of one-on-one matches against the other participants in the original match with the case on the line in each match. They could've done the matches in one show or two which would've given them possibly 4 quality women's matches. Plus they could've built some new feuds by having one of the women in one of the last matches interfere in an earlier match and cost another wrestler their chance of winning the case.

And, why didn't Carmella just cash in Sunday at the PPV or even more shocking at the house show on Monday. How shocking would that have been to see Carmella come out to start SmackDown as the Champ? I know spoilers would've probably ruined that but enough people still would've know to make it special and create even more drama of what will WWE do now.

Ellsworth got banned from the match on talking smack.

But yeah, this was the WWE trying to cover their giant ass after a huge backlash. They did it wrong. Give Carmella heat, elsworth heat. Don't change the result.

Honestly I would have left Ellsworth in the ring with Charlotte and Becky. Get a payoff from this.