• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly a botch close to the the finish. Ziggler got the 3 count before Corbin broke it up.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought AJ kicked out to save it but Corbin definitely was late breaking up that pin.

Overall Corbin did some great things in that match. With Kane, UT, Big Show and Henry all on the way out they need a top big man on the roster. He can eventually fill that role.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why Dolph Why?

Seriously though, the crowd just popped for a heel turn

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smackdown usually ranges from solid to very good, but the last 2 weeks were great. Maybe the best 4 hours of wrestling programming since the brandsplit.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elimination Chamber should be an outstanding match.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really good Mickie James promo. They're tying the loose ends of the La Luchadora storyline really well.

Also it needs to be repeated every week. Alexa Bliss is awesome

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they planning on giving DB one more match? They have been setting up a Miz vs DB WM type match since Smackdown went live.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they planning on giving DB one more match? They have been setting up a Miz vs DB WM type match since Smackdown went live.

No one knows. WWE was pretty staunch about not clearing Bryan to wrestle again even though Bryan could wrestle again if he wants to (if he ever left WWE since outside doctors said sure). I guess they could possibly change their minds and are just being tight lipped about it so it will be a huge surprise when it happens.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good Mickie James promo. They're tying the loose ends of the La Luchadora storyline really well.

Also it needs to be repeated every week. Alexa Bliss is awesome

She is the Most Improved in SD. She is the key defination of a dark Horse stud. the "Harley Quinn" gimmick seems to suit her

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No one knows. WWE was pretty staunch about not clearing Bryan to wrestle again even though Bryan could wrestle again if he wants to (if he ever left WWE since outside doctors said sure). I guess they could possibly change their minds and are just being tight lipped about it so it will be a huge surprise when it happens.

I doubt Bryan ever gets cleared for a real match in WWE but the Miz would be the perfect wrestler to take a couple of DB's signature moves and eat a pin in a squash match. Don't think that happens but it would be a perfect ending to their feud.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Bryan ever gets cleared for a real match in WWE but the Miz would be the perfect wrestler to take a couple of DB's signature moves and eat a pin in a squash match. Don't think that happens but it would be a perfect ending to their feud.

I don't know, but since it went live the Miz and DB have been doing an essential feud that generally leads to a match. The talking smack promo then every week DB calls him out, Miz whines then goes and imitates him in the ring...just weird if there is no payoff

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things..

A. The WWE is very smart with their cameras, couldn't tell on tv that 1/4 of the seats were empty.

B. I didn't realize 205 came on after smackdown, damn that was hard to watch just to see the dark match afterwards.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Talking Smack, Cena claimed that no one in the Elimination Chamber match is on the level that he & Styles is on right now. He likened Styles and himself to Michael Jordan.

I think it's pretty safe to say that he is dropping the title to one of the other 4 participants on Sunday.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but since it went live the Miz and DB have been doing an essential feud that generally leads to a match. The talking smack promo then every week DB calls him out, Miz whines then goes and imitates him in the ring...just weird if there is no payoff

Who knows what the payoff is, but at the minimum it's helping the Miz have probably the best run of his career.

They could turn this into a situation where Bryan has a 'protege' who has a match with and beats the Miz.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what the payoff is, but at the minimum it's helping the Miz have probably the best run of his career.

They could turn this into a situation where Bryan has a 'protege' who has a match with and beats the Miz.

Well in the dark match last night it all but led up to a fight between the two. It just seems so weird that they'd allow all this angle to go on so long if there isn't a payoff. But you could be right because the Miz actually (to me) is very entertaining with the whole mocking of DB. He had the crowd eating out of their hands with the fatal 4 way and his dark match against Ambrose.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are probably a handful of entertainers that Vince would allow Dbag to wrestle to keep him safe thru the match. Miz might be one, Jericho another. You see how Jerichos old codebreaker finishing move is now just one hand to the head before getting the double knees instead of two. But Dbag has little regard for his own body so anyone else involved and the match will elevate quick.