• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks vs Chargers preseason game thread

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the NFLs war against defense and fun, it was almost mind blowing to see them throw a flag when that Chargers Olinman went with the low blindside tackle on one of our Dlineman. The fact they instituted a rule that helps the D, instead of specifically protecting the passing game at a "Jordan rule" level was truly a shocking thing to see in Goodell's NFL.

Some of those "message calls" where kind of weird, for sure.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the inactives on offense and defense was a pretty LONG list as far as starters go. not to much you can take away from this game about the "starters".

The Depth on the other hand, Pete just keeps showing everyone in the NFL how you build a young NASTY team. The Depth on this defense is straight up AWESOME. Problem is.....where are some of these kids going to fit??? The Hawks are going to be raped by other teams each time they trim the roster down. Most these kids won't make it to our practice squad.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey folks!

Just morning here now, so I will have to see if I can download and watch the games but thanks for the reports.

One note is that we are going to see even less of the starters and more of the reserves than in recent years due to the new rules that limit the contact in practices. The preseason games will be literally almost the first time the coaches get to see some of these guys tackle and hit at full speed! As crazy as that seems.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you can really take from this game. The depth of our roster is ridiculous, especially on D, and our coaching crew is ridiculous as well for being able to coach 2nd and 3rd stringers to perform at this level and find late round / Undrafted gems like they do. Pete's built what he did at USC. Teams that violate any others they face. End of story.

Every other team is going to be monitoring our waiver wire by the second this preseason. Cards, Rams, and especially 9balls.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I recall last night, I don't remember any injuries happening. If so, quite surprising considering that they do a lot less contact drills during practice. Anyhow, I don't envy Pet's job of making the cuts. The 2nd & 3rd stringers look very good, they looked like they were just enjoying the moment as well.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first IDAHO, IDAHO, IDAHO!!!!. DE Benson Mayowa, two sacks way to go. Second those refs should be fined for those personal fouls to start the game. Really? please you can't stop until the player is down on the field. Man that pissed me off.

Third- Jackson was really impressive but I not willing to give him the 2 spot yet. But next game I would like to see him take over for Wilson to see how he dose. It he continues to play that way against the number 2 than the job is all his. One thing I noticed was once he was pushed outside the pocket he a. didn't take off running and b. he no longer looked like he was in a hurry, more relaxed. Maybe he got that by watching Wilson?

Fourth-Impressed by WR Stephen Williams, might be the big body that PC has been looking for since Mike Williams left. (sucks because I was hoping Harper would earn that spot)

Last- Really liked the linebackers and D-line. The d-line took on two blockers allowing for the linebackers to sneak in a tackle behind the line of scrummage. Also sure tackling which is all ways nice to see and can be over looked until it bits you. Not worried about the offense 1st team mainly because its the first game if they keep playing like that say game three or four than I will be :wtf2::bawling:.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taken me a while to respond here, but from what I can remember, our LBs were flying all over the place. I think the Hawks will have to cut a few that could end up on other teams and maybe starting. I just recently watched the Giants-Steelers game because my brother-in-law's nephew plays LB for the Giants and their LB situation is not great. I think he is a decent backup and good special teamer, but does not seem to have the instincts to excel at LB. No disrespect to my extended family, but the fact that he is possibly starting as WLB and Aaron Curry is just trying to make the team tells you their situation is not good. Now, WLB is a good spot for him since he plays more of a safe, make the tackle type of style and he can keep contain on the weak side, but I still just don't see him as a starter. I think the Giants will be watching our cuts very closely.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After review, and taking into consideration that nobody really gives a crap what happens in the 2nd half of a preseason football game the play stands because hey, this game is in Seattle! And shout out to the replacement refs as well!