• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
speaking of bourbon, I've been at sharkeys in radford since like 5 this afternoon. Hard to get up and walk away from $2 doubles.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LETS GO TROJANS!!!!!

trojan-kids.jpg

Sandusky's brand of choice.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals as filled in all our verbals for 2013 star rankings now. 2 4*s, 9 3*s

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rivals as filled in all our verbals for 2013 star rankings now. 2 4*s, 9 3*s

Clark is ranked as a 3-star by Rivals and a 4-star by 247. That's the only difference between the two recruiting services so far.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just heard on the radio that the 'Skins have made a deal with McDonnell and are moving training camp to Richmond.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that the 'Skins have made a deal with McDonnell and are moving training camp to Richmond.

I liked it better when they said they were moving out to George Mason's campus. Would have been able to swing by on my way home from work.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't cross the street to watch the Redskins practice.

Fuck Richmond.

Hell, I might turn down free tickets to a GD regular season game. Getting to that stadium and back in less than eight hours and paying less than $100 for me and GF to have a good time is nearly impossible (parking, drinks, food... drinks... drinks).

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't cross the street to watch the Redskins practice.

Fuck Richmond.

Hell, I might turn down free tickets to a GD regular season game. Getting to that stadium and back in less than eight hours and paying less than $100 for me and GF to have a good time is nearly impossible (parking, drinks, food... drinks... drinks).

Fiancée*

I have the fridge magnet to prove it.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Richmond and i do not like this move. I will have to hear more nonsense about the Redskins than I already do by these delusional people who think the Redskins are worth a shit. :finger:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just reserved lower level tickets and a room for four nights for the eagles redskins game next season. Fired up to see a bunch of former hokies on the field (i hope) also excited about rg3 and my first nfl game at fedex.

Ok my hokie brethren I once again needs some advice from the board.

As you can see above I ordered tickets for the skins eagles game next season, well i was told that these were lower level but recently found out they are in some crappy part of the stadium that is above "lower level" and is actually in a "cave like structure" under the club level. Im not exactly thrilled but im in a situation where it wouldnt be wise to back out and im not dropping another $600 for more tickets.

Ok so here is where i need help.

After being put in a bad situation over the tickets i want the rest of the trip to go as smooth as possible:

- We are staying at a Hampton Inn right off the beltway in Largo. We arent looking for a resort like experience as we dont plan to spend very much time in the hotel. The 3 main things we are looking for is cleanliness, a safe place, and ease of access to DC and Fed Ex. <----Im pretty sure Fed ex wont be any problem but I've read conflicting things about largo and was wondering if any of you had any experience in the area?

- We are also planning on using public transportation while we are in the area (bus/subway). We want to check out the monuments, several parts of the smithsonian, and basically just all the touristy type stuff around DC. We also plan on making it down to "the warf" for lunch while we are up there. Will public transportation get us where we need to go in most cases?

Oh and of course throw in any things you guys suggest seeing while in the area. I've been to DC a few times so I know about the traffic etc etc but its usually been for work or a wedding or something and didnt have time to really check out the city, the only other times I was 12yo or younger and didnt really appreciate all the "history" back then.

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wont find safe or clean near FedEx, but the Hampton Inn is close. It'll be a bitch trying to take public transit to DC. You'll have to either drive to the metro station or take the bus. Be safe and spend the extra money by driving to the metro station. It'll be about a 45 min metro ride to Federal Triangle.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry Hunz, I can't help you. I do have another OT question, though.

Can someone tell me why the hell Eugene Chung is not our OL coach? With UVa catching recruits ears with "we might suck but we put players in the NFL", and 'Bama telling them VT doesn't translate, what better way to counter than to have Gray/Brown/Chung on the staff? Not to mention that he'd be an upgrade... He's not only been an NFL lineman, but he's coached them.

Maybe he's not interested right now, but we should put out feelers at least.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Hunz, I can't help you. I do have another OT question, though.

Can someone tell me why the hell Eugene Chung is not our OL coach? With UVa catching recruits ears with "we might suck but we put players in the NFL", and 'Bama telling them VT doesn't translate, what better way to counter than to have Gray/Brown/Chung on the staff? Not to mention that he'd be an upgrade... He's not only been an NFL lineman, but he's coached them.

Maybe he's not interested right now, but we should put out feelers at least.

Cuz he works for the Philadelphia Egirls.