• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody else has one of these threads to just shoot the bull. So I'm rehashing it over here. Anybody going to the Cassell for GameDay tomorrow?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think we have a chance in Hades against Duke tomorrow? Jeff Allen has already three fouls.:mad:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet. We're only 7,800-some posts behind the Nebraska OT thread

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night games are the best for tailgaiting, but it's going to be COLD when we play GT in November. Seriously, any game works for me. We need to make this happen

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a SportsHoopla tailgate at one of the games next year!

And thanks for responding. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to fill a 10,000-post thread all by myself. :D

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Is Gameday going to be inside cassell or somewhere else?

Basically what im asking is do you need a BBALL ticket to go to the gameday set?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking the idea of the tailgate.

I still can't believe GameDay is at Tech.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did you guys check out the post on VHSL and year round ftball?

I know thats kind of a "who cares" topic but i think that will be huge in player development in VA.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gameday going to be inside cassell or somewhere else?

Basically what im asking is do you need a BBALL ticket to go to the gameday set?

Doors to the Cassell open at 8:30 a.m. for the morning show. Admission is free and no ticket is required.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know thats kind of a "who cares" topic but i think that will be huge in player development in VA.

Got a link? I'm intrigued by this.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is HokieHigh and 757?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw that article hunz and completely agree. While I am sure that players have been "working out" on their own throughout the year, I think the old rule limits how much, if any, interaction the coaches can have with the players during their "workouts". I wonder if that will change. It will certainly help the VHSL league football players who, like you said are often overshadowed by the other state players. IMO VA is one of the most underrated states in the country when it comes to high school talent. With the exception of FL, CA, and TX..I think we can hang with anybody.

On another note, I think VT basketball has a chance to beat Duke IF they play completely lights out. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Dukies blow us out. I think Cassell will ber pumped up BIG though, giving us a chance. My prediction is that we hang with them, and their depth (and VT's lack of) gets us in the end...heartbreak city BAAA..BY. Duke 72 VT 65. This loss (hope I am completely wrong) will steamroll us into another 1 or 2 by end of next week..slating VT for ANOTHER trip to the NIT:mad:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for the VT-Duke game
VT 76
Duke 67
Ted Valentine 10 = A one-point Duke victory:mad:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that article hunz and completely agree. While I am sure that players have been "working out" on their own throughout the year, I think the old rule limits how much, if any, interaction the coaches can have with the players during their "workouts". I wonder if that will change. It will certainly help the VHSL league football players who, like you said are often overshadowed by the other state players. IMO VA is one of the most underrated states in the country when it comes to high school talent. With the exception of FL, CA, and TX..I think we can hang with anybody.

On another note, I think VT basketball has a chance to beat Duke IF they play completely lights out. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Dukies blow us out. I think Cassell will ber pumped up BIG though, giving us a chance. My prediction is that we hang with them, and their depth (and VT's lack of) gets us in the end...heartbreak city BAAA..BY. Duke 72 VT 65. This loss (hope I am completely wrong) will steamroll us into another 1 or 2 by end of next week..slating VT for ANOTHER trip to the NIT:mad:

Welcome to the thread Sparks!!!!!