• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is unacceptable
yQHyT.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats just choked and my facebook feed is blowing up from all my disgruntled NoVa friends. It's kind of funny. 2 months ago they didn't even know where Nationals Park was

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I dig playing ECU in general (they're pretty much what VT would be without that original Big East invitation), but I'm kind of confused why we want to play them every year. It was a great idea playing them when we were in the Big East, and the series in the ACC days served its purpose. Now we play in the Triangle every year, sometimes twice and sometimes in W-S too. That just takes some of reasoning out of playing them yearly, and it's just not new or exciting for the fans. I guess I'd rather split that spot up with regional teams on ECU's level (Louisville, Navy, Temple, soon to be ODU), just for alittle diversity. I hope we're atleast getting ECU to sweeten the pot just a tad, because honestly they get more benefits from a straight series than we do.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig playing ECU in general (they're pretty much what VT would be without that original Big East invitation), but I'm kind of confused why we want to play them every year. It was a great idea playing them when we were in the Big East, and the series in the ACC days served its purpose. Now we play in the Triangle every year, sometimes twice and sometimes in W-S too. That just takes some of reasoning out of playing them yearly, and it's just not new or exciting for the fans. I guess I'd rather split that spot up with regional teams on ECU's level (Louisville, Navy, Temple, soon to be ODU), just for alittle diversity. I hope we're atleast getting ECU to sweeten the pot just a tad, because honestly they get more benefits from a straight series than we do.

Agree, Should not be a straight up home-home series. VT should get 2 (home) for 1 (away). I also think maybe an 8 year series is a little bit too much. In many ways it makes sense (travel expenses, pretty good competition, etc.) but I would like to see some diversity as well.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, Should not be a straight up home-home series. VT should get 2 (home) for 1 (away). I also think maybe an 8 year series is a little bit too much. In many ways it makes sense (travel expenses, pretty good competition, etc.) but I would like to see some diversity as well.

I am sure a lot came into play in reaching this new deal, like the fact that ECU has worked with us many times to help us deal with scheduling conflicts when we decided to add USC or Bama. They also gave a $100,000 donation after the campus shooting. Don't be surprised if we don't actually play them 8 straight years. Still waiting on the ND ACC schedule. Also hearing rumors about a potential Big10 or SEC challenge in football....although it would not involve every team from each conference. I just hope we don't play at ECU in early September....it is usually very hot and humid in Greenville that time of year.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

witnessed a fight one time where one of the guys pulled a knife.
when the knife came out that was exactly what the other guy said (what are you gonna do stab me?) Luckily he was drunk enough that he didnt succeed but he damn sure gave it his all.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
THis dude was wasted...

it did take quite a few of us to break it up though so maybe it was the stabee's good luck and not the BAC of the stabber? idk.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nice to see... mom keeping an eye on her boy:

J.C. Coleman ‏@jc_coleman4
Forgot my iClickr for Bio class. No point in even staying here. But I will.

M. Coleman M. Coleman ‏@VT_04JC_mom
@jc_coleman4 SMH!!!!!

J.C. Coleman J.C. Coleman ‏@jc_coleman4
@VT_04JC_mom lol. At least I stayed.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46 is finally starting to work those hammies out some. Good for you buddy!

aaa.jpg

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My head is ginormous. It isn't THAT big. :D
:lol: I posted the original pic over in the night shift thread on the WC and Tabasco said somebody should photoshop it. Your pic was the easiest to find. :heh:

He wanted somebody to throw a pop's face and MarkOU ball lump in there but i'm too hopped up on Ambien.