• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost feel like it has to be the death penalty. If not, the NCAA will set themselves up for the inevitable comparisons, as unfair as they may be:

"Oh PSU got a 2 year bowl ban for covering up college r*pe, while USC got two for getting a kid an apartment."

I know that they are not comparable situations and any comparison is unfair, but it will be thrown around.

Yeah it sounds pretty bad when you put it that way. From what I can tell by what the "experts" are saying, PSU won't get the death penalty. It's speculated, though, that these sanctions might have a more severe effect than the death penalty would. I don't know how that would be possible, but if there are bowl bans and major scholarship reductions that last many years, it could cripple the program.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schad has been tweeting that the punishment could easily be perceived to be worse than the death penalty. My guess is that they won't shut down the program, but the post season bans and financial punishments will be harsh.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I almost feel like it has to be the death penalty. If not, the NCAA will set themselves up for the inevitable comparisons, as unfair as they may be:

"Oh PSU got a 2 year bowl ban for covering up college r*pe, while USC got two for getting a kid an apartment."

I know that they are not comparable situations and any comparison is unfair, but it will be thrown around.

It can't be a coincidence that they took the statue down today. Do you think they already know what the penalty is?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on the B1G's stance as a conference on PSU?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a school loses scholarships for football, do they transfer to the general scholarship pool? If they don't then should have to move those scholarships towards non athletic schollies for other students.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see we recruited Dorian Johnson a 4-star OL who committed to PSU a few weeks back. Time for the coaches to place a few calls.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our numbers are damn tight. On the off chance kids leave PSU, I can only see one or two guys that we MAY talk to, IF they call us first.

Evan Hailes would have definitely been a possibility a few weeks ago, but he had to give up football.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Farrell‏@rivalsmike

OL Dorian Johnson said he will not comment right now. #PennState

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eugene Lewis might be the only one we have a chance with because I'm pretty sure he had VT in his top 2 or 3. Even if we don't get anyone out of this now it opens Pennsylvania up for the future

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Webb has decommitted from Penn State and is now committed to UNC. If just going by rankings, this is a big pickup for them as he almost a top 100 player on rivals. Assuming that most of the better recruits are going to change schools, where do you guys think Hackenberg goes?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Webb has decommitted from Penn State and is now committed to UNC. If just going by rankings, this is a big pickup for them as he almost a top 100 player on rivals. Assuming that most of the better recruits are going to change schools, where do you guys think Hackenberg goes?

Lee Grazie is praying we offer him a spot hahah....

HACK>>>:hug:<<<LG

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

UNC is an attractive place for DL because of the draft and NFL. That's why I'd like to have more complete DEs instead of pass rusher extraordinaire types like Foster/Wiles etc seem to prefer. On the one hand the system is proven to work at least against everyone but the top offenses. On the other hand it's probably also the reason why Andrew Brown doesn't seem high on VT. I don't want to start a riot here again but stuff like this Webb move doesn't surprise me. The staff has made their choice and I just hope they're not stupid enough to expect to have it both ways