• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 46 I gotta question for an epidemiologist who works in the public health field...

I have to get some vaccination and titer work done for this medical program I just got accepted for.... do they do that kind of stuff at the health dept.? I've tried calling them, and nobody will answer the damn phone. Specifically, i need a tetanus vaccine, an MMRV titer, Hep B titer, and the 2-step TB skin test. Just wondering if you would have any insight into whether or not I'm wasting my time in trying to get up with them or not.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the shit is getting so deep up in State College. Anyone think they will get the death penalty? Sounds like it is a realistic possibility.

Jerry Sandusky scandal -- NCAA president Mark Emmert signals heavy sanctions for Penn State - ESPN

It is very unfortunate what is going on up there, if Paterno and others just turned a blind eye to this..man..then they (Paterno and PSU) have lost alot of fans from an athletic and especially a personal standpoint. His legacy will definetely be tarnished.

Not that it is in anyway the most important thing regarding these attrocious (stole that from Steven A) circumstances, but do you think this could affect VT in anyway? Going along with a tweet 46 posted earlier...IF (big IF), PSU was given the death penalty, is it realistic to think that they would be given the boot from the B1G, at least in football?? If so, who would be at the top of the list, if anyone. I would think they wouldn't do this because of all of the other sports, academics, etc., but they are not a charter member (the newest I believe with the exception of Brasky) so that makes me wonder... If they lost football for a few years it would put that program in the gutter. SMU has never recovered and it was a totally different circumstance. Also, how would this affect recruiting? Would we go after any of their guys if the players, as this conversation says, might be given an extra year of eligibility. Alot of what ifs. I doubt this will affect VT in any way shape or form, just making conversation.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 46 I gotta question for an epidemiologist who works in the public health field...

I have to get some vaccination and titer work done for this medical program I just got accepted for.... do they do that kind of stuff at the health dept.? I've tried calling them, and nobody will answer the damn phone. Specifically, i need a tetanus vaccine, an MMRV titer, Hep B titer, and the 2-step TB skin test. Just wondering if you would have any insight into whether or not I'm wasting my time in trying to get up with them or not.

I am not sure what they offer in Virginia, but they should offer those. If not, any general practitioner or family doctor can either: 1. Get them and administer them to you or 2. Set you up with an ID guy that can.

All of those are common though and should be available from the health department or your family doctor.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what they offer in Virginia, but they should offer those. If not, any general practitioner or family doctor can either: 1. Get them and administer them to you or 2. Set you up with an ID guy that can.

All of those are common though and should be available from the health department or your family doctor.

I appreciate it 46. The health dept. never answered the phone or called me back for me to set up an appointment, so I ended up just going to a local doctor's office. I should be all set up now as long as everything comes back good.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]wUZ-fmBFREU[/YOUTUBE]

Can't come soon enough

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to watch that video now. All it will do is get me super pumped for 5 minutes and then super bummed when I realize its still another 1.5 months till September.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some dude from VT was on Tosh.0 tonight. It wasn't that funny

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some dude from VT was on Tosh.0 tonight. It wasn't that funny

I wouldn't know much about Tosh these days. I don't get CC at the moment because I am with DirecTV!!:mmph:

At least I did get almost $400.00 in credits over the next year, the HBO/Showtime package AND the Sports package out of them for my inconvenience..:dance:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Ray Armstrong dismissed from Miami.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:postwhore:

1000th post. Only took me a year and a half. At that rate I will catch with 46 and Evan G when I am about 77 years old...

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1000th post. Only took me a year and a half. At that rate I will catch with 46 and Evan G when I am about 77 years old...

Rep to you when I can sir! We need to get the Redskins board up and running, that should help your post count a little.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I imagine I will be passing that milestone today as well.:second: