• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jack-black1.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a job offer from Magna Powertrains. Now I have to decide between two pretty good job offers. Its a pretty good dilemma to have. While I would make less money with the government job, I would be making more money in three years and the benefits are insane. I would also be pretty far away. However, I am really excited about what Magna Powertrains does. They also seemed to be really excited for me to be there, gave me a really good tour and showed me what I would be doing. I would be pretty far away from Blacksburg and Richmond though.

I have to decide by Friday.

My advice is if the money isn't too incredibly off between the two, don't factor it in all that much. Go with the one you know you'll enjoy. It's tough to find a job you really like. If you're chasing money, its easy to get stuck doing stuff you'll end up despising. To put it simply, how much is happiness worth to you?

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a gang sign for the double deuces, and the twenty second st gang. Do that in East LA, and you better duck.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on a Clemson message board..... Ummmmmmm what?

Disagree about London and UVA though, as long as he has good coordinators in place I feel he will surpass Vtech in short order. I’m in Richmond VA and know a few of the HS coaches, Beamers stock is falling around these parts and his is on the way up at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we should stay in this sinking turd of a conferences but it can’t exactly get any worse. Saying it is on the way up isn’t saying all that much.

by harcumcs on Jun 13, 2012 1:49 PM EDT up reply *
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we should stay in this sinking turd of a conferences but it can’t exactly get any worse. Saying it is on the way up isn’t saying all that much

thats right just because it floats does not mean I want to use it for a boat.

by 5knklshfl on Jun 13, 2012 2:00 PM EDT up reply *
agree on UVA
I also live in Richmond, VA and Mike London has rejuvenated that program and all the surrounding areas of VA, as far as recruiting goes. Give him 2 more years and they’ll be making some noise. I expect them to progress this year as well.

VT still has plenty of luster & respect, but they do not have a stronghold on the 757 area anymore … w/London at UVA (and ODU going to conference USA), the Tidewater area just got tougher to recruit in.

Clemson needs to stay on it up here in VA though, its still a recruiting hotbed (eg. Andre Branch, T.Byod, etc).

GO TIGERS!

by andyedds on Jun 13, 2012 3:14 PM EDT up reply *

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to edit out some of the stuff about leaving the ACC, bc it wasn't my point, but it wouldn't let me. The main part was about mike London and UVA and saying how Beamer is losing respect, we lost the 757 to UVA, and I guess a side note is the odd thing, but I'm not worried about the, for anyone who's actually good.

Saying UVA is going to pass us in short order? Haha

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweets between A.J. McCarron, BAMA QB, and LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu, The Honey Badger

Tyrann starts

“@10AJMcCarron everybody have a good game every now and then try having a great season back 2 back 2 BACK! DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIP NOT YOU.”

… to which McCarron replied…

@TM7_Era Ur right the TEAM.. That’s how we play as a TEAM.. We stick together through our losses and wins. #thatswhatmakesusgreat #wehave14“

… to which Honey Badger replied…

“@10AJMcCarron you have 1,THE school has 14! you play your part well thanks to great coaching! but anyways we’ll talk nov 3rd!”

… to which McCarron replied…

“Bama fans don’t talk anymore ab it. Let’s just sit back quietly and wait our turn. Y’all know the date. It’s comin. #november3rd #bamanation“

Tyran closed it with LSU ”highly favored in DEATH VALLEY!”

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on a Clemson message board..... Ummmmmmm what?

Disagree about London and UVA though, as long as he has good coordinators in place I feel he will surpass Vtech in short order. I’m in Richmond VA and know a few of the HS coaches, Beamers stock is falling around these parts and his is on the way up at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we should stay in this sinking turd of a conferences but it can’t exactly get any worse. Saying it is on the way up isn’t saying all that much.

by harcumcs on Jun 13, 2012 1:49 PM EDT up reply *
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we should stay in this sinking turd of a conferences but it can’t exactly get any worse. Saying it is on the way up isn’t saying all that much

thats right just because it floats does not mean I want to use it for a boat.

by 5knklshfl on Jun 13, 2012 2:00 PM EDT up reply *
agree on UVA
I also live in Richmond, VA and Mike London has rejuvenated that program and all the surrounding areas of VA, as far as recruiting goes. Give him 2 more years and they’ll be making some noise. I expect them to progress this year as well.

VT still has plenty of luster & respect, but they do not have a stronghold on the 757 area anymore … w/London at UVA (and ODU going to conference USA), the Tidewater area just got tougher to recruit in.

Clemson needs to stay on it up here in VA though, its still a recruiting hotbed (eg. Andre Branch, T.Byod, etc).

GO TIGERS!

by andyedds on Jun 13, 2012 3:14 PM EDT up reply *

It is probably closet scissorheads running to a Clemson board for some support. It is the same as when they talk about the JMU loss as some great accomplishment FOR THEM> Meanwhile, that same season we beat them like a rented fucking mule. When a team cannot beat you they run to others that can and look for pats on their little head.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm generally pretty good with computers, but I have a question for anyone tech-savvy. I can't get the new banner to come up in Firefox. I cleared all the cookies but the old one still comes up... :(

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm generally pretty good with computers, but I have a question for anyone tech-savvy. I can't get the new banner to come up in Firefox. I cleared all the cookies but the old one still comes up... :(

I don't see how clearing the cookies could help. I wouldn't expect you to need to do this, since it's a different image and so should have a different ETag, but try clearing the cache (Go to Options -> Advanced -> Network -> "Clear Now" button)

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm heading to the beach for the weekend today so you get the weekend dose of memes and gifs today!!!

This one could probably get a lot of use on this boards...
1XviQYmnYfiHUoe.gif

DWWmZSzj9NBdWzK.jpg

1XlaZXp2gwe3wui.jpg

and alas, one for the fellas
ULUyyRM6eQMq6Bx.gif

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
any of you know anything about scotts castle aka royal orchards in afton?