• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random.. but...I've never had Chipotle :(

g600616996.gif

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Random.. but...I've never had Chipotle :(

I thought it was awesome at first but after eating there a couple of times i realized it isnt all that great. A lot of people will disagree im sure but i just dont like it.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Chipotle is yum, but Qdoba has queso. You won't confuse them with real mexican food, but maybe that's a good thing. It's solid favor and price so it's a good work week lunch.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another restaurant that I'd like to go to that has absolutely no locations anywhere near where i live.... a Dave & Busters. They look fun as hell on those commercials. Eating a steak, getting drunk, and reminiscing the old chucky cheese days from when you were 5..... yes please. The closest one is in Marietta Georgia though, and that is a good 3 1/2 hour drive.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Another restaurant that I'd like to go to that has absolutely no locations anywhere near where i live.... a Dave & Busters. They look fun as hell on those commercials. Eating a steak, getting drunk, and reminiscing the old chucky cheese days from when you were 5..... yes please. The closest one is in Marietta Georgia though, and that is a good 3 1/2 hour drive.

never been to one either but that does sound like fun.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never been to one either but that does sound like fun.

They're pretty fun. Food is average, but it definitely has the feel of an adult Chuck-E-Cheese. Don't expect to win any legit prizes, though, cause you have to go like 5 times to win enough tickets.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We have one here near Baltimore, but it's nothing special. Great in theory, but in reality it's full of teenagers and dumbasses most of the time. The food is average at best, and it all makes for an expensive, shitty meal.

I'm sure it would be better if it weren't attached to a mall.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Any of you guys ever listen to car talk (aka click and clack) on NPR? If so just an FYI these guys are retiring.

For those who have never listened its a radio car show hosted by two MIT graduates that didnt like engineer work and opened a garage. The show itself is kinda cheesy but these guys really really know their shit. I used to listen to it while riding to sunday dinner with my grandparents when i was a kid and still catch it on from time to time.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see commercials on Red Robin all the time. Never seen one anywhere though.

Commercial shows a Tavern Double Gourmet Burger, with endless steak fries for $6.99 everyday.

Burgers around here absolutely suck, except for one place thankfully.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Red Robin is OK. Its not like your going to get the meal of a life time or anything but there food isnt bad and reasonably cheap if i remember.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one here near Baltimore, but it's nothing special. Great in theory, but in reality it's full of teenagers and dumbasses most of the time. The food is average at best, and it all makes for an expensive, shitty meal.

Arundel Mills?

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arundel Mills?

Yep. Best part of the mall is definitely the Bass Pro.

There's a Red Robin in Columbia, and they have a good burger for a chain restaurant. The Burnin' Love Burger sounds gay, but it's pretty f'ing good. It's better than paying the same money for Five Guys and having to go eat it someplace else.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Robin makes very good burgers, and the endless fries are pretty good too. Don't think they've made it down to MS, though.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys ever listen to car talk (aka click and clack) on NPR? If so just an FYI these guys are retiring.

For those who have never listened its a radio car show hosted by two MIT graduates that didnt like engineer work and opened a garage. The show itself is kinda cheesy but these guys really really know their shit. I used to listen to it while riding to sunday dinner with my grandparents when i was a kid and still catch it on from time to time.

Yep, sad to hear they're retiring. That's been my favorite radio show since before I can remember.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to listen sometime years ago, but if they play it where I live now (which I assume they do) I've never run across it. Those guys are impressive. I'm sure a lot of people will miss them.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, I've got a friend of mine that moved up to Baltimore for work a year or so ago. He's been trying to get me to come up to visit, so I might hit it up when I finally do. Might have to take him to a Hokie game too while I'm up there. How long does it take to get to Blacksburg from Baltimore? Would I need to get a hotel room in Christiansburg for the night, or could I make it back to Baltimore without pulling an all nighter? I know a lot of that would depend on what time of the day the game was, but lets assume it's an early afternoon game.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, I've got a friend of mine that moved up to Baltimore for work a year or so ago. He's been trying to get me to come up to visit, so I might hit it up when I finally do. Might have to take him to a Hokie game too while I'm up there. How long does it take to get to Blacksburg from Baltimore? Would I need to get a hotel room in Christiansburg for the night, or could I make it back to Baltimore without pulling an all nighter? I know a lot of that would depend on what time of the day the game was, but lets assume it's an early afternoon game.

Nothing is predictable with the traffic up here, and I've never driven from here to Blacksburg. When the Mrs. and I go to games, we drive down and drop the dogs off with my parents on Lake Gaston, then drive back up to VT.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if you plan on tailgating hard before the game, i wouldn't drive from the burg to baltimore after a game .. i'd say 5 hrs hauling pretty good ass on a normal day .. but with after game traffic .. add 30-60 minutes to that at least

red robin is pretty good .. nothing earth shattering but their hamburgers are pretty damned good .. i'm a regular ol' '5 guys' fan myself though.

for all of you recent graduates (especially you spoiled trust-fund babies who've never worked a hard day in your life), sounds like an awesome, very true speech
'You are not special,' English teacher tells graduating Massachusetts students - U.S. News'You are not special,' English teacher tells graduating Massachusetts students - U.S. News

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes me about 4 hours to get from Manassas to Bburg and about an hour+ to get to Baltimore (depending on where you are). Not worth trying to make that trip after a game if you want to tailgate and have fun.