• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners Spring Training Thread 2018

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you missed Evan White's play. It shows why top evaluators say he is one of the best MLB (not MiLB) defenders at 1B.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you missed Evan White's play. It shows why top evaluators say he is one of the best MLB (not MiLB) defenders at 1B.

Evan White is my favorite prospect for the M's right now.. (not that there is many to choose from).. I really think he could be legit if his bat develops the way I think it will. Need a healthy season out of him and I hope he shows something with the bat. I think he is the only Mariner in the top 10 of any position, could be wrong.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan White is my favorite prospect for the M's right now.. (not that there is many to choose from).. I really think he could be legit if his bat develops the way I think it will. Need a healthy season out of him and I hope he shows something with the bat. I think he is the only Mariner in the top 10 of any position, could be wrong.

I like our #1 pick from last year as well... I'm pulling for they... Be nice to groom our own 1B for once... Last time I can think of was Alvin Davis...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our #1 pick from last year as well... I'm pulling for they... Be nice to groom our own 1B for once... Last time I can think of was Alvin Davis...
I really like his potential.. I hope he stays healthy and can get an entire season of work in. This season should show us a lot. I have high hopes for him, we need to start getting some home grown guys to work out.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I stayed up and watched part of the game on TV and saw all the coats on. We are both kind of glad we missed it this year...though it is cold as shit here in SW WA.

I hope you can keep us updated from there. TV and reporters just don't give you everything.

Yeah, we really haven't had much of a winter as it's been far warmer than usual up until the last week or so; which is odd because spring training usually marks the warm up in the valley.

I always try and catch as many games as possible, but my schedule only limits us to a few typically. I like to zone in on a couple of things that are hot topics to really see what it looks like in the field. I'll post prior to the next game so if anyone wants to know something specific I can be the SportsHoopla scout and report back, lol!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually watched the first few innings yesterday. I don't take a lot of stock into most things Spring Training but I didn't feel like Marco Gonzalez was as sharp as everyone claims he was. The stats looked pretty obviously but I noticed the first two hitters he got 0-2 on and then struggled to end the at bat. Then in the 2nd inning he fell behind the first couple of hitters. I think he ended up with 33 pitches in 2 innings which is ok but I would just like to see better command going forward. He's someone I have my eyes on because I actually wanna try and be bullish with him. Hopefully adding in that cutter this year will be a difference maker because from what I have seen he doesn't have a good enough out pitch to be a starter.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually watched the first few innings yesterday. I don't take a lot of stock into most things Spring Training but I didn't feel like Marco Gonzalez was as sharp as everyone claims he was. The stats looked pretty obviously but I noticed the first two hitters he got 0-2 on and then struggled to end the at bat. Then in the 2nd inning he fell behind the first couple of hitters. I think he ended up with 33 pitches in 2 innings which is ok but I would just like to see better command going forward. He's someone I have my eyes on because I actually wanna try and be bullish with him. Hopefully adding in that cutter this year will be a difference maker because from what I have seen he doesn't have a good enough out pitch to be a starter.
Agreed, I would also add I think Zunino helped him out a lot with framing pitches otherwise he easily could have thrown even more pitches. Regardless its hard to get much of anything out of 2 innings good or bad. He is someone I will be watching closely as well, it is likely he will have a big role this season and of course he is Dipotos golden boy.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I would also add I think Zunino helped him out a lot with framing pitches otherwise he easily could have thrown even more pitches. Regardless its hard to get much of anything out of 2 innings good or bad. He is someone I will be watching closely as well, it is likely he will have a big role this season and of course he is Dipotos golden boy.

I can honestly paint a scenario where I see him being a sleeper this year. But it involves some "IFS" along with pretty much every other rotation option at this point. Im higher on him then Erasmo and the other depth guys but that's no saying much

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix hit by a line drive in the arm. The beat roles on. Thought it was weird there wasn't an injury yesterday.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix hit by a line drive in the arm. The beat roles on. Thought it was weird there wasn't an injury yesterday.

Could this force them to sign a Lynn, Arrieta, or Cobb? :hope:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Incoming 7 year $180M (or some equivalently stupid franchise contract) to Arrieta or something.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incoming 7 year $180M (or some equivalently stupid franchise contract) to Arrieta or something.

At this point, I would take it. I would rather have them overspend than underspend.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is fucking cursed and having a difficult time pin-pointing where and how they can be so. Perhaps they were destined to move, but still remained here. Who knows.

Either way, if you haven't see the video. Don't. It does not look good at all for Felix.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I would take it. I would rather have them overspend than underspend.

Yes. Ideally they overspend so much the entire franchise implodes into the ground and creates a massive black hole that sucks all the homeless people in. If it can suck San Fran in while it's at it I'll consider that the equivalent of 10+ WS titles.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Felix was getting hurt at some point. It was foolish to think otherwise given the way things have gone for him. Maybe its a silver lining that it happens at a time when the team can still address it but I'm not holding my breath.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this force them to sign a Lynn, Arrieta, or Cobb? :hope:
I was thinking the same thing! This could be a blessing in disguise to be honest, however I doubt Dip does anything. He simply doesn't realize how thin the rotation is and it is going to kill us.