• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offer for #1

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion sp certainly not fact but I think the days of edilman being a viable option as a fantasy wr are over. It's cooks and gronk now. My opinion in is edilman amandola and every other pats wr not named cooks will be erelivant now. My opinion is hoodie wouldn't have given up a first rounder if he didn't see the potential this guy brings to the team.
Well I think you've got one thing dead on accurate, the potential he brings to the team. But, that potential isn't gong to be in production, it'll be in stretching the field, opening up things for Edelman, Hogan, Gronk. Brady's game is short to intermediate at this stage in his career, accuracy, timing, hitting guys in stride and letting them did the damage after the catch. That's not Cooks' forte, but he'll sure help generate plenty of YAC for everyone else, that's his potential of this offense.
Cooks is flat out the most overrated receiver in the league, and this season will expose him as such. He won't even lead the Patriots in yards or catches, let alone the league.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think you've got one thing dead on accurate, the potential he brings to the team. But, that potential isn't gong to be in production, it'll be in stretching the field, opening up things for Edelman, Hogan, Gronk. Brady's game is short to intermediate at this stage in his career, accuracy, timing, hitting guys in stride and letting them did the damage after the catch. That's not Cooks' forte, but he'll sure help generate plenty of YAC for everyone else, that's his potential of this offense.
Cooks is flat out the most overrated receiver in the league, and this season will expose him as such. He won't even lead the Patriots in yards or catches, let alone the league.
I respect your opinion treff but I have to disagree on this. I think just the opposite. Cooks is underated and I think hoody sees it too. Edilman is a fine wr and I am not knocking him but can you imagine how many TDs he would have had if he the break away speed of cooks. Not to mention the Patriots have been making house hold names out of guys that were no where on the map before they came to the Patriots. I see cooks game going to a new level. But not trying to get into a debate. Just going on record as a cooks guy.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I don't understand about the Cooks deal. He's 5'10" and not a guy that is going to win any jump balls whatsoever or be any kind of a red zone target. Yes he's fast, but Brady in the past has liked tall receivers on the outside that can go deep and also go up and win a jump ball. That is not Brandin Cooks. So, unless they plan on playing him in the slot (which makes no sense with Edelman still being one of the best slot receivers in the game) I'm not sure how he gets very many targets. In a best case scenario I think he can be Desean Jackson. 3 catches for 122 yards and a touchdown one game and then 1 catch for 38 yards and no touchdowns the next game. Not only are Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, and Amendola coming back, but you have Gronk and Dwayne Allen at tight end, not to mention 3 pass catching running backs currently under contract in Lewis, White, and now Birkhead. That place is going to be a damn nightmare to figure out who is getting targets from game to game. I think Belichik is tired of just screwing with fantasy owners at running back, he wanted to get the wide receivers involved too!!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion treff but I have to disagree on this. I think just the opposite. Cooks is underated and I think hoody sees it too. Edilman is a fine wr and I am not knocking him but can you imagine how many TDs he would have had if he the break away speed of cooks. Not to mention the Patriots have been making house hold names out of guys that were no where on the map before they came to the Patriots. I see cooks game going to a new level. But not trying to get into a debate. Just going on record as a cooks guy.
Well, I'll just say this, you tell me what he does better than average other than outrun coverage, and I could get on board. Does he have a full route tree? Does he operate over the middle and underneath with precise routes? Can he get a release on press coverage at the line? Maybe he can do all those things and just never really had to do it all that often in NO? Possible I guess. But as is, his biggest asset is something Brady is having issues taking advantage of. Many of his deep shots lately are coming up short.
You have faith, and rightly so, that the Hoodie sees things differently. I definitely can't disagree there, but I take it one further. I have faith that he completely understands that the value of pick #32 is most likely less than the value of pushing safeties back 10 yards on about 75% of their offensive plays this upcoming year. Especially given that at any time, he can teas Garrapolo to CLEV for a kings ransom and have an even better 1st rounder