• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive PI calls, Gronk, and collective head shaking.

What are your thoughts?

• The league seems to be singling out the patriots for pushoffs, legit or not. The metrics support it.

• The league is not singling out anybody. You suck, Rock.

• Vote here and receive one helping of free potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the broncos werent called for a single offensive penalty all game. the pats were called for 5 in the 4th quarter alone.

that being said, the patriots have been called for (or rather, had an offensive PI call accepted on them) 9 times.
the second closest team has 4.

gronk? well, hes been called for offensive PI 6 times. 6. thats more than 30 other TEAMS in the league...

mull that over. the second closest guy to gronk has 2.

now, football fans know the league has put a call out to refs to watch pushing off. this year, they seem to be focusing on the pats and particularly, gronk. justified or not?

Here are some links to enjoy:

Are refs holding Rob Gronkowski to higher standard with interference calls?

Rob Gronkowski Injury Never Should Have Happened And Other Leftover Patriots Thoughts

now, I'm not saying its a "conspiracy" vs the pats and gronk...but its fairly obvious to most toddlers that something is amiss here.

What are your thoughts?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vote and discuss.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the broncos werent called for a single offensive penalty all game. the pats were called for 5 in the 4th quarter alone.

that being said, the patriots have been called for (or rather, had an offensive PI call accepted on them) 9 times.

gronk? well, hes been called for offensive PI 6 times. 6. thats more than 30 other TEAMS in the league...

now, football fans know the league has put a call out to refs to watch pushing off. this year, they seem to be focusing on the pats and particularly, gronk. justified or not?

Rob Gronkowski Injury Never Should Have Happened And Other Leftover Patriots Thoughts

now, I'm not saying its a "conspiracy" vs the pats and gronk...but its fairly obvious to most toddlers that something is amiss here.

What are your thoughts?
The Patriots are guilty of this more than any other NFL team and the calls are justified.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are your thoughts?

Ya, it's really unfortunate how nothing ever seems to go the Patriots way.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Really? Gloating in victory is more becoming than whining about the refs in defeat.
where am i whining?

do you read well?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Patriots need to work on their penalties during the week. No surprise if they're holding Gronk to a higher standard. They did the same thing to Seattle DBs as well.

I for one am 100% in support of this. An OFFENSIVE player getting held to a higher standard for penalties? Thank freaking lord. Now if they would just do it for EVERY other WR/TE I'd be thrilled. Tired of the ridiculous offensive bias in the NFL.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it's really unfortunate how nothing ever seems to go the Patriots way.
oh, it was bad sunday. so bad, jaws on espn went off on a tangent about it. so bad, our local radio anti conspiracy theorists are saying "there seems to be something to this".

then you find out dean blandino admitted gronk is being singled out for PI calls.

again, IM (me) not saying there is a conspiracy...but...the metrics do support the notion that something is amiss.

gronks been called for more OPI calls than 30 other teams.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:playball:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL No, you're not whining and I don't read well.

"How long must the innocent suffer?"

~Rock
so, you cant link me to me "whining"?

im only posting metrics.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Patriots need to work on their penalties during the week. No surprise if they're holding Gronk to a higher standard. They did the same thing to Seattle DBs as well.

I for one am 100% in support of this. An OFFENSIVE player getting held to a higher standard for penalties? Thank freaking lord. Now if they would just do it for EVERY other WR/TE I'd be thrilled. Tired of the ridiculous offensive bias in the NFL.

It's an issue in college football as well.

Hell it's the same in basketball, the defense is held to a higher standard than the offense. And it's 100% wrong if you call by the book.

now the nba and nfl are sports entertainment so they can do what they want, but CBB and CFB are better than that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Rock Strongo What would it take for you to start a daily pro-Patriots thread on tHoop?

Maybe it'd stimulate discussion.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, it was bad sunday. so bad, jaws on espn went off on a tangent about it. so bad, our local radio anti conspiracy theorists are saying "there seems to be something to this".

then you find out dean blandino admitted gronk is being singled out for PI calls.

again, IM (me) not saying there is a conspiracy...but...the metrics do support the notion that something is amiss.

gronks been called for more OPI calls than 30 other teams.

Every team sends a list of things to the officials to watch for that they believe certain players get away with. They've been doing it to Seattle's secondary for years now. That doesn't make it a conspiracy, it's just gamesmanship. Gronk does have a rep for pushing off and now teams are reminding the refs pre-game about it so it's in the back of their zebra heads. Same goes for pick plays. NE has a bad rep for doing borderline illegal pick plays and now they are starting to get called on it a bit more often.

No conspiracy. Just stop cheating!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically there have been two sets of rulebooks in the NFL.

The one the league wrote and the one the Patriots wrote. The second one is very fluid and changes from week-to-week but has never included the offensive holding or pass interference calls. Weird, huh?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't sure what choice to make, then saw the "you suck, Rock". Decision made for me! :suds:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif