• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise there dude. You have the Broncos winning it, as you should!
I mean, if a fan base has a good team and picks against his team, that shows weakness IMO

Actually haven't said I am picking the Broncos yet. Down to the Chiefs and Broncos though. Need to hear from a week of camp of how Paxton Lynch is looking before I make any definitive decisions. If he is really struggling then I have the Broncos finishing 3rd in the division with the Chiefs winning. IF he shows up prepared and ready for camp and is slinging it around the place then yeah I have no problem picking the Broncos. Just so much unknown about the QB position for the Broncos right now.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm saying I don't think he has the coaching tools to win a Super Bowl ever. I'm not just basing this on his past and the fact that he hasn't won one yet. I'm saying I don't think he has the tools to do it for the Raiders or any future team he coaches. Andy Reid is another great example of a guy with an amazing coaching resume but has never been able to get it done in the big moments. He is missing some qualities as a coach to get them over the hump.

And I'm not just putting it on him but most of the coaching staff. John Fox was a good coach for our 2011 squad that needed a veteran voice in the locker room after McDaniels left the team destroyed. He wasn't a great coach to actually compete for Super Bowl victory though. He was too conservative when the team needed a big decision to go win a close game. He struggled to get the team ready for the toughest opponents on the schedule. Adam Gase at times would get way too pass happy I think trying to appease Peyton Manning. He has no problem admitting that after the Super Bowl he went around and apologized to the entire team for calling a terrible Super Bowl against the Seahawks. He broke down in the team hotel in front of everybody for how unprepared he had the team.
Let's take a closer look at the QBs those teams had? Gerrard and Leftwhich for JDR and McNabb and a sheet load of other ones for Reid.. Belichick has Brady, you guys had Manning. Hmmmm See a difference there? ANd neither of those two teams had all time defenses like you guys, Ravens, etc.. Again, Hmmm
You need to have a QB dude or an all time defense to win the SB in this league..

And you are dissing on JDR by saying he will never win a SB. Well, he has Derek Carr, Mack, Coop, etc to find out if he can or not.. Not Gerrard, Letfwhich, etc

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually haven't said I am picking the Broncos yet. Down to the Chiefs and Broncos though. Need to hear from a week of camp of how Paxton Lynch is looking before I make any definitive decisions. If he is really struggling then I have the Broncos finishing 3rd in the division with the Chiefs winning. IF he shows up prepared and ready for camp and is slinging it around the place then yeah I have no problem picking the Broncos. Just so much unknown about the QB position for the Broncos right now.
cd you say you have connections with the Broncos along with Bronco media, etc. I think they would be pissed if you picked against them?! Be bold and pick the Broncos!! I pick the OAKLAND RAIDERS to win the AFC West

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take a closer look at the QBs those teams had? Gerrard and Leftwhich for JDR and McNabb and a sheet load of other ones for Reid.. Belichick has Brady, you guys had Manning. Hmmmm See a difference there? ANd neither of those two teams had all time defenses like you guys, Ravens, etc.. Again, Hmmm
You need to have a QB dude or an all time defense to win the SB in this league..

And you are dissing on JDR by saying he will never win a SB. Well, he has Derek Carr, Mack, Coop, etc to find out if he can or not.. Not Gerrard, Letfwhich, etc

Well McNabb is among a handful of QB's up for HOF recognition so not sure why you include that name. He was a very good QB in his prime. And he got Reid close to a Super Bowl so yes a QB can take a coach like that and get them close. Still it is the little decisions in those close big time games that make all the difference between winning and losing and they just couldn't get over the hump.

And I have said from the beginning Del Rio prove me wrong. This is what I have seen in him as a coach so far in the league and I have my doubts for him ever getting over the hump even with a talented team. But hey again lets see if he can get it done. I have no problem eating my crow if he does and saying congrats to you as a Raider fan for your team bringing home another trophy. But paper champions means very little. And there are lots of teams out there with great QB's and other great pieces around them. So the Raiders have an uphill battle to prove they can be that team to finish on top. Heck to even finish on top in their own division. Haven't done that since what 2002.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd you say you have connections with the Broncos along with Bronco media, etc. I think they would be pissed if you picked against them?! Be bold and pick the Broncos!! I pick the OAKLAND RAIDERS to win the AFC West

Plenty of Bronco media pick against the team. Heck just listened to some Bronco guys this past week that think if Lynch starts they will finish 5-11 this upcoming season. This is what I love and hate about the Bronco media. They are not afraid to be objective and us fans for the most part are not afraid to hear that our team might not be perfect. Now they can start to nitpick the team way too much sometimes and try to almost send the fanbase into a tailspin.

And to me if I don't think my team will win the division to me that is more bold than just always picking the Broncos to win. They won't win it every year as this past year proved so sometimes if we are actually trying to be objective in how we look at our team then you have to go against your homer instincts. For me as a person in the media I would rather have credibility than fans who just always think I'm the homer who will never see my team through anything less than orange and blue tinted glasses.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well McNabb is among a handful of QB's up for HOF recognition so not sure why you include that name. He was a very good QB in his prime. And he got Reid close to a Super Bowl so yes a QB can take a coach like that and get them close. Still it is the little decisions in those close big time games that make all the difference between winning and losing and they just couldn't get over the hump.

And I have said from the beginning Del Rio prove me wrong. This is what I have seen in him as a coach so far in the league and I have my doubts for him ever getting over the hump even with a talented team. But hey again lets see if he can get it done. I have no problem eating my crow if he does and saying congrats to you as a Raider fan for your team bringing home another trophy. But paper champions means very little. And there are lots of teams out there with great QB's and other great pieces around them. So the Raiders have an uphill battle to prove they can be that team to finish on top. Heck to even finish on top in their own division. Haven't done that since what 2002.
McNabb was a good QB and got them pretty close, the thing with McNabb though? He ain't Brady and Manning and that's the difference between those teams.. If KC would of got Manning instead of you guys, does KC win the SB?
Im pretty sure they would of.. So you see? That's what big game HOF QBs do for coaches..

It's not about you eating crow, but about you saying JDR don't have the tools to get it done..
Well, now he has what looks like some pretty good tools on the field where it really counts.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of Bronco media pick against the team. Heck just listened to some Bronco guys this past week that think if Lynch starts they will finish 5-11 this upcoming season. This is what I love and hate about the Bronco media. They are not afraid to be objective and us fans for the most part are not afraid to hear that our team might not be perfect. Now they can start to nitpick the team way too much sometimes and try to almost send the fanbase into a tailspin.

And to me if I don't think my team will win the division to me that is more bold than just always picking the Broncos to win. They won't win it every year as this past year proved so sometimes if we are actually trying to be objective in how we look at our team then you have to go against your homer instincts. For me as a person in the media I would rather have credibility than fans who just always think I'm the homer who will never see my team through anything less than orange and blue tinted glasses.
I know you want to pick the Broncos dude, just do it, NIKE!!
Cred comes and goes man. Going with that gut feeling is all that matters.
Scarface said it best? All i have is my word and my balls! I pick the RAIDERS, cred be damned.
Im gonna crash, later

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb was a good QB and got them pretty close, the thing with McNabb though? He ain't Brady and Manning and that's the difference between those teams.. If KC would of got Manning instead of you guys, does KC win the SB?
Im pretty sure they would of.. So you see? That's what big game HOF QBs do for coaches..

It's not about you eating crow, but about you saying JDR don't have the tools to get it done..
Well, now he has what looks like some pretty good tools on the field where it really counts.

Well for the Chiefs we will never know if he could have gotten it done. Honestly him and Reid would not have been a good fit with each other. 2 different philosophies on offense of how things get done. Reid wouldn't want to give up that much control to a QB. And really at that point the Chiefs were not even really in the running for Manning. Not what he was looking for in a roster anyway.

And yeah Del Rio has one of his better rosters since he has been a head coach. I liked that 2005 Jaguars squad as I think they had a much better overall defense than what the Raiders have. Not as explosive of an offense obviously but just more well rounded team. Have to see if the 2016 Raiders can show more on the defensive side than last year.

More importantly though is what happens in the big games? How do they do in the divisional games? Heck week 1 against the Titans as a lot people myself included have them winning the South and being a threat in the AFC. If they make the playoffs can they actually get it done? I make fun of Flacco quite a bit but I do have to say he has had some big games in the biggest moments for the Ravens. What does Carr do when the pressure is amped up?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you want to pick the Broncos dude, just do it, NIKE!!
Cred comes and goes man. Going with that gut feeling is all that matters.
Scarface said it best? All i have is my word and my balls! I pick the RAIDERS, cred be damned.
Im gonna crash, later

See though this is why some of these conversations are a struggle for me with you. I know you love your Raiders. Not hard to tell that and I respect that. To actually have a football conversation though it takes some objectivity to actually have it be a conversation. Otherwise it becomes a bit of a "what is the point if all you are going to do is tell me every player on your team is an All-Pro caliber player"?

I'm an analyst at heart so breaking down film and finding weaknesses and strengths is what I do on a daily basis. I break down film on so many draft picks my eyes about start bleeding by the end of draft season. Heck already kicked into high gear on the 2018 season. So I could tell you the tendencies of just about every draft pick in the top-4 rounds of the draft and many beyond that. I can tell you what they do well and where they struggle. I can tell you that your 1st round pick struggled to tackle on a consistent basis. I can tell you when he was asked to play zone coverage he would look lost at times and just get stuck reacting instead of being the guy that understood what the offense was throwing at him. I can also tell you though that in the first part of the season there was maybe no better Corner in college football. It was his last 2 games where he really struggled against some better competition. I can tell you that in spot duty over the past 2 years he was not very good so teams were very worried about him being a 1-year wonder that happened to get a chance to play across from teh best Corner in college football this past year.

That is what I do. I love breaking down film on players and entire teams. Most weeks what I do during the season is watch the film of the team the Broncos are goign to play and break down tendencies. Places not to attack that other teams have and struggled and then where to try and attack them. I do this for the Broncos as well though trying to see where the weaknesses are on the team and how teams will try to attack them on both sides of the ball. So those are my favorite conversations when we can get actually real about our teams and the strengths and weaknesses of why they will succeed or fail in this upcoming year.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for the Chiefs we will never know if he could have gotten it done. Honestly him and Reid would not have been a good fit with each other. 2 different philosophies on offense of how things get done. Reid wouldn't want to give up that much control to a QB. And really at that point the Chiefs were not even really in the running for Manning. Not what he was looking for in a roster anyway.

And yeah Del Rio has one of his better rosters since he has been a head coach. I liked that 2005 Jaguars squad as I think they had a much better overall defense than what the Raiders have. Not as explosive of an offense obviously but just more well rounded team. Have to see if the 2016 Raiders can show more on the defensive side than last year.

More importantly though is what happens in the big games? How do they do in the divisional games? Heck week 1 against the Titans as a lot people myself included have them winning the South and being a threat in the AFC. If they make the playoffs can they actually get it done? I make fun of Flacco quite a bit but I do have to say he has had some big games in the biggest moments for the Ravens. What does Carr do when the pressure is amped up?
The Chiefs had a pretty good team that was only missing a QB. Im more than sure Reid would of let Manning be Manning had they got him. Saying Reid wouldn't let PM be PM is a little silly ain't it?

Yeah JDR had some solid teams with the Jags, but it was just that, solid. You need an explosive team on either side of the ball to win SBs though. When big games are on the line, it's the explosive teams that win, why? Because they are explosive and make those great plays to win. A well rounded team will get you to the playoffs, an explosive team will win you SBs..

Did you see our season last year? Derek Carr pretty much made clutch play after clutch play to win us games.
Dude is a defensive killa man!! Had he not broke his leg, no telling how far we would of went. We would of smoked the Texans that's for sure! Then after that, who knows?!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See though this is why some of these conversations are a struggle for me with you. I know you love your Raiders. Not hard to tell that and I respect that. To actually have a football conversation though it takes some objectivity to actually have it be a conversation. Otherwise it becomes a bit of a "what is the point if all you are going to do is tell me every player on your team is an All-Pro caliber player"?

I'm an analyst at heart so breaking down film and finding weaknesses and strengths is what I do on a daily basis. I break down film on so many draft picks my eyes about start bleeding by the end of draft season. Heck already kicked into high gear on the 2018 season. So I could tell you the tendencies of just about every draft pick in the top-4 rounds of the draft and many beyond that. I can tell you what they do well and where they struggle. I can tell you that your 1st round pick struggled to tackle on a consistent basis. I can tell you when he was asked to play zone coverage he would look lost at times and just get stuck reacting instead of being the guy that understood what the offense was throwing at him. I can also tell you though that in the first part of the season there was maybe no better Corner in college football. It was his last 2 games where he really struggled against some better competition. I can tell you that in spot duty over the past 2 years he was not very good so teams were very worried about him being a 1-year wonder that happened to get a chance to play across from teh best Corner in college football this past year.

That is what I do. I love breaking down film on players and entire teams. Most weeks what I do during the season is watch the film of the team the Broncos are goign to play and break down tendencies. Places not to attack that other teams have and struggled and then where to try and attack them. I do this for the Broncos as well though trying to see where the weaknesses are on the team and how teams will try to attack them on both sides of the ball. So those are my favorite conversations when we can get actually real about our teams and the strengths and weaknesses of why they will succeed or fail in this upcoming year.
I have a legit point to my arguments cd. I base my argument off the last two years.. 7-9 to 12-4
Then we added even more talent to the team we had last year..
During our down years and even our 7-9 year, i didn't argue playoffs, SBs, or even winning the AFCW!
My argument was no sweep at the hands of the Broncos, remember? It was only last year that i started pushing playoffs, and winning the AFCW as i knew we had a young team that would improve.. I mean im not the only one saying the RAIDERS will win the West, playoffs, etc.. Sure all teams have some type of weakness, but im not debating that, im debating winning the AFCW.

I know you break down drafted players, and are a student of the game when it comes to Xs and Os. There's not a lot of people out there that know more than you when it comes to all that.. Heck, other than the little cheap shots on the RAIDERS you guys did a pretty good job of breaking down our draft, it was good.

Im the kind of fan that has his own opinions on how things shake out though. With drafted players, the season, playoffs, etc. And i put my opinions up against the media all day everyday. You and the media might know more than me, but that don't mean they will be right over me.. And the end of the day, being right is what counts when it comes to sports. You win some you lose some.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs had a pretty good team that was only missing a QB. Im more than sure Reid would of let Manning be Manning had they got him. Saying Reid wouldn't let PM be PM is a little silly ain't it?

Yeah JDR had some solid teams with the Jags, but it was just that, solid. You need an explosive team on either side of the ball to win SBs though. When big games are on the line, it's the explosive teams that win, why? Because they are explosive and make those great plays to win. A well rounded team will get you to the playoffs, an explosive team will win you SBs..

Did you see our season last year? Derek Carr pretty much made clutch play after clutch play to win us games.
Dude is a defensive killa man!! Had he not broke his leg, no telling how far we would of went. We would of smoked the Texans that's for sure! Then after that, who knows?!

It is not silly at all. Coaches have just as big of an ego as players most of the time. Not every coach would let Manning just be Manning. Heck Kubiak struggled to get away from his system. When they saw it was down right terrible the first 2 games of the year finally Kubiak scrapped his system and started putting more of what Manning was comfortable with. Still once Osweiler started some games he went right back to his system.

As for Andy Reid first off this can't even really be a conversation. Manning came to the Broncos in 2012 and Reid didn't come to the Chiefs until 2013. So he wouldn't have been here to figure out if he could make it work with Manning or not.

And have to disagree with you about the big games on the line. Any time the #1 offense has faced off against the #1 defense in the Super Bowl they have lost. Defense wins championships. Explosive offense can maybe get you to the playoffs. Manning learned this when both of his Super Bowls honestly the defense outshined him on those playoff runs.

I don't think Carr would have smoked the Texans. You guys barely beat them in Mexico and it took maybe some of the most controversial calls of the year by the officials to have the Raiders come out on top. That defense is one of the few that can match up well with the Raiders weapons and well the offense can do enough against a mediocre defense like the Raiders had last year. I mean if Siemian can light up that defense so could have Osweiler. So no I don't think you guys would have went anywhere further than what you did and you cannot argue that because well that is the what if game that is just that of imagination.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a legit point to my arguments cd. I base my argument off the last two years.. 7-9 to 12-4
Then we added even more talent to the team we had last year..
During our down years and even our 7-9 year, i didn't argue playoffs, SBs, or even winning the AFCW!
My argument was no sweep at the hands of the Broncos, remember? It was only last year that i started pushing playoffs, and winning the AFCW as i knew we had a young team that would improve.. I mean im not the only one saying the RAIDERS will win the West, playoffs, etc.. Sure all teams have some type of weakness, but im not debating that, im debating winning the AFCW.

I know you break down drafted players, and are a student of the game when it comes to Xs and Os. There's not a lot of people out there that know more than you when it comes to all that.. Heck, other than the little cheap shots on the RAIDERS you guys did a pretty good job of breaking down our draft, it was good.

Im the kind of fan that has his own opinions on how things shake out though. With drafted players, the season, playoffs, etc. And i put my opinions up against the media all day everyday. You and the media might know more than me, but that don't mean they will be right over me.. And the end of the day, being right is what counts when it comes to sports. You win some you lose some.

Oh I could easily argue you guys are a less talented team this year than last but that is for another day.

And no it was not just last year. Every single year you and I have talked on these boards you have told me the Raiders will be playoff maybe even Super Bowl caliber. Then at the end of the year I laugh because your team once again went 4-12 and you then say that because of the draft and FA all of a sudden they will go from last to first and catch the NFL by storm. Every single year you have predicted the Raiders to win the West.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not silly at all. Coaches have just as big of an ego as players most of the time. Not every coach would let Manning just be Manning. Heck Kubiak struggled to get away from his system. When they saw it was down right terrible the first 2 games of the year finally Kubiak scrapped his system and started putting more of what Manning was comfortable with. Still once Osweiler started some games he went right back to his system.

As for Andy Reid first off this can't even really be a conversation. Manning came to the Broncos in 2012 and Reid didn't come to the Chiefs until 2013. So he wouldn't have been here to figure out if he could make it work with Manning or not.

And have to disagree with you about the big games on the line. Any time the #1 offense has faced off against the #1 defense in the Super Bowl they have lost. Defense wins championships. Explosive offense can maybe get you to the playoffs. Manning learned this when both of his Super Bowls honestly the defense outshined him on those playoff runs.

I don't think Carr would have smoked the Texans. You guys barely beat them in Mexico and it took maybe some of the most controversial calls of the year by the officials to have the Raiders come out on top. That defense is one of the few that can match up well with the Raiders weapons and well the offense can do enough against a mediocre defense like the Raiders had last year. I mean if Siemian can light up that defense so could have Osweiler. So no I don't think you guys would have went anywhere further than what you did and you cannot argue that because well that is the what if game that is just that of imagination.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first part of that post made my point dude?
Kubiak struggled with trying to fit his system with what PM did. Same thing would of happened with Reid! You think Reid would of been stubborn and force feed his system to PM? You trippin if you think that! And this makes another of my points? You need a QB to win big in this league, that's why you guys went out and picked up PM. And PM brought with him everything else..

Defense does win SBs when you have an all time type defense. But we don't get those to often now do we?
Nope! QBs and offense along with solid defensive play wins SBs for the most part.
Out all the SBs contenders this year, which team will win the SB with a monster defense? I will tell ya? None, cuz there ain't that type of defense this year.. Nope, it will be Brady, Carr, Rogers, Big Ben, Eli, etc that will win it.

Carr would of smoked the Texans cd, and you know it man. But you would never agree with me, so let the debate begin.. The defense did the job in that game, but Cook was giving the ball away like it was candy. A defense can only hold for so long.

Siemen and the Broncos beat a team that didn't have Carr dude. What happened when Carr played you guys? Different game eh?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I could easily argue you guys are a less talented team this year than last but that is for another day.

And no it was not just last year. Every single year you and I have talked on these boards you have told me the Raiders will be playoff maybe even Super Bowl caliber. Then at the end of the year I laugh because your team once again went 4-12 and you then say that because of the draft and FA all of a sudden they will go from last to first and catch the NFL by storm. Every single year you have predicted the Raiders to win the West.
LOL cd. Cmon man! How can you sit there and say the RAIDERS are less talented than last year??

And i never really said the RAIDERS would win the SB in our down year cd. Cmon man. Did i hold out some hope? Hell ya that's what fans do. But you know what my arguments have been this whole time cd, remember??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first part of that post made my point dude?
Kubiak struggled with trying to fit his system with what PM did. Same thing would of happened with Reid! You think Reid would of been stubborn and force feed his system to PM? You trippin if you think that! And this makes another of my points? You need a QB to win big in this league, that's why you guys went out and picked up PM. And PM brought with him everything else..

Defense does win SBs when you have an all time type defense. But we don't get those to often now do we?
Nope! QBs and offense along with solid defensive play wins SBs for the most part.
Out all the SBs contenders this year, which team will win the SB with a monster defense? I will tell ya? None, cuz there ain't that type of defense this year.. Nope, it will be Brady, Carr, Rogers, Big Ben, Eli, etc that will win it.

Carr would of smoked the Texans cd, and you know it man. But you would never agree with me, so let the debate begin.. The defense did the job in that game, but Cook was giving the ball away like it was candy. A defense can only hold for so long.

Siemen and the Broncos beat a team that didn't have Carr dude. What happened when Carr played you guys? Different game eh?

I'm saying Kubiak fought with Manning the entire year about how to run the offense. Yes he gave some because the offense was down right deplorable. He caved a little but not the entire way to going back to what the Broncos were doing under Gase.

And you don't know if there is a defense this year or not. Broncos added some pieces. Houston has some monster pieces on defense if JJ Watt is what he was before back surgery. So I wouldn't be shocked if a team won it again this year on the heals of a great defense.

And no I don't know that they would have smoked the Texans. Again you already played them once before and it was down to the last minute of the game of who won or loss. The Texans gave the Patriots fits so to think they couldn't give the RAiders fits is just homerism at its finest.

And Carr doesn't play defense. The Bronco offense did whatever it wanted against that terrible Raiders defense in the final game of the season. Again why I keep saying Von Miller is a better player because in those types of games is when Von Miller shows up most. Where was Mack in a game that decided if they won the division and got a bye week? Nowhere. The team crumbled that week and the next. Yes you can try to blame it on Carr being injured but when that defense gives up 27 to one of the bottom 10 offenses in the Texans that is just embarrassing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL cd. Cmon man! How can you sit there and say the RAIDERS are less talented than last year??

And i never really said the RAIDERS would win the SB in our down year cd. Cmon man. Did i hold out some hope? Hell ya that's what fans do. But you know what my arguments have been this whole time cd, remember??

Well lets see a few starters from the defense gone with the team not really bringing in anybody in FA to try and replace them. Offensively I don't think Lynch will be anything like his prime. I don't think he rushes for more than 600 yards this upcoming season. Beyond him they brought in Cook for the TE position and he is nothing special. I mean with the best QB in football of Rodgers he couldn't do anything so why will he really add anything to the Raiders this year?

So pretty much boils down to the draft having to play well from day 1. I have been on record sayign that Conley is a good player but he doesn't fit the Raiders system well at all. He will have a huge adjustment period. I think he will get burned a lot early on in the season. Obi in the 2nd is a huge project player who is more athlete than football player so again another player that will have to adjust. 3rd round is where you might get some production from the big NT of UCLA but he was not good last year at all. He got better as the year went on so showed some promise especially at the Senior Bowl but just have to see what he can do on the field.

And then throw in tougher schedule, very tough division, expectations now being on the team putting some extra pressure. I mean last year going for 2 was no big deal late in the game. If they lost people just said "well they are the Raiders." This year they mess that up and boom Del Rio is getting ripped apart and the entire team is put under a microscope of "what is wrong with the Raiders?" Better teams have crumbled to that pressure.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying Kubiak fought with Manning the entire year about how to run the offense. Yes he gave some because the offense was down right deplorable. He caved a little but not the entire way to going back to what the Broncos were doing under Gase.

And you don't know if there is a defense this year or not. Broncos added some pieces. Houston has some monster pieces on defense if JJ Watt is what he was before back surgery. So I wouldn't be shocked if a team won it again this year on the heals of a great defense.

And no I don't know that they would have smoked the Texans. Again you already played them once before and it was down to the last minute of the game of who won or loss. The Texans gave the Patriots fits so to think they couldn't give the RAiders fits is just homerism at its finest.

And Carr doesn't play defense. The Bronco offense did whatever it wanted against that terrible Raiders defense in the final game of the season. Again why I keep saying Von Miller is a better player because in those types of games is when Von Miller shows up most. Where was Mack in a game that decided if they won the division and got a bye week? Nowhere. The team crumbled that week and the next. Yes you can try to blame it on Carr being injured but when that defense gives up 27 to one of the bottom 10 offenses in the Texans that is just embarrassing.
That's exactly what Reid would of done had he got PM is all im saying. Oh im sure they would of bumped heads but PM would of got his way.

And im more than sure we won't see a super great defense that will carry the whole team to the SB and win it, this year.. No way man. Now im sure we will see some real good defenses but they will lack the QB to carry them to the SB this year, cuz they ain't all time great defenses.. Those come around every 10 years or so.

Again, once Carr broke his leg the whole team struggled to find who they were.. You seen first hand what the RAIDERS did to the Broncos with Derek Carr.. We talking Carr here the young phenom that was in the MVP race up until he broke his leg. The whole team went into a funk once that happened..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what Reid would of done had he got PM is all im saying. Oh im sure they would of bumped heads but PM would of got his way.

And im more than sure we won't see a super great defense that will carry the whole team to the SB and win it, this year.. No way man. Now im sure we will see some real good defenses but they will lack the QB to carry them to the SB this year, cuz they ain't all time great defenses.. Those come around every 10 years or so.

Again, once Carr broke his leg the whole team struggled to find who they were.. You seen first hand what the RAIDERS did to the Broncos with Derek Carr.. We talking Carr here the young phenom that was in the MVP race up until he broke his leg. The whole team went into a funk once that happened..

But see that is a difference between a good team and a Super Bowl contender. For the Broncos in 2015...Manning goes down with injury for 7 games of the season. Instead of letting that destroy the team guess what it just brought them closer and made everybody else step up all the more. When all you do is lean so much on one player eventually that comes crumbling down. At some point in the playoffs Carr is going to struggle and somebody else will need to step up. They showed right now they don't have anybody else that will do that.