• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I am pissed about ? why is it after a Denver SB the NFL seems to ban something we are doing with our OL ? it is not like our OL was owning any one in the last few years ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I am pissed about ? why is it after a Denver SB the NFL seems to ban something we are doing with our OL ? it is not like our OL was owning any one in the last few years ?

This is something that had been in the works honestly clear back from our Super Bowls in the 90's. Teams were complaining that those types of blocks were too dangerous and were getting players hurt. they have slowly adjusted the rules to try and rid the league of that.

To me it is stupid as yes the diving at the knees could get somebody hurt. Teams knew though when playing the Broncos this is something you have to watch out for and they adjusted. If you take all of this out completely you begin to limit the running style a team can run which then means everybody begins to look for only one type of OL player to fit that one scheme. The smaller quicker guys start getting taken out of the league and you see teams go with what the Raiders are doing of just get a bunch of big guys and tell them to go run over people.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never mind

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is the ultimate competitor so I am only guessing here that he shakes things up. Could stand pat with the QB position or could try to go big like he did with Manning and after the 2013 SB when he went crazy in FA.

Right now I want Romo to quarterback this team next year. When I saw that the Broncos have failed to score more than 10 points in 3 straight games . Worst since the 60's, worst than Tebow there is something fundamentally wrong with the offense. This defense is too good not to be supported with an offense and Elway will attempt again to fix the Oline with or without a new QB.

Taking a chance with say a healthy Romo for a whole season. You gotta believe Denver would be rolling again.

Romo would have to come at a better price tag, with injury clauses, and maybe a 6th round pick up gradable to a second if Denver reaches Super Bowl. If Romo gets hurt, you still have Lynch or Sieman to come in.

With money to spend , the 3rd youngest roster in the league , the bitter taste of not even making the playoffs as SB chnmp, can't wait to see which way Elway rolls.

The other QB that Elway once loved and is also available in 2017. His name is Jay Cutler.

Last edited:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I think Romo makes this team an instant contender again until he gets knocked out for a length of time. Behind our line, even an improved line, it's not a matter of "if" that would happen but "when." Assuming he stayed healthy I could easily see the Broncos going 13-3 then getting upset at home in the playoffs. If they sign Romo I'll support him. Until they do I would rather see them beef up that line and continue to develop Siemian or Lynch.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can pass on Romo for a myriad of reasons: rental (delays any real QB replacement), old, injured, Not Manning - never was, shitty offensive line, expensive.....

I don't get the love for the broncos grabbing him. Dude could not make it out of preseason with the massive line the cowboys have. What do you think will happen behind our turnstiles?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can pass on Romo for a myriad of reasons: rental (delays any real QB replacement), old, injured, Not Manning - never was, shitty offensive line, expensive.....

I don't get the love for the broncos grabbing him. Dude could not make it out of preseason with the massive line the cowboys have. What do you think will happen behind our turnstiles?

A lot can change in a year but from where I sit now here's how I view 2017:

Broncos with Romo: 13-3 and a loss in the divisional round.
Broncos without Romo: 10-6, WC win and a loss in the divisional round.

I'd prefer the latter simply because I view that as better for the long term development of this team.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dead on. People can not be serious about Romo. How long as it been since he even played in a NFL game? I love how some just think if you plug in a QB there team will automatically be better. Romo couldn't stay healthy behind the Cowboys o line so what makes anyone think he can handle it in Denver? Plus he isn't getting any younger. I agree with BroncosrOK 100%. It would be wasted money. Peace.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot can change in a year but from where I sit now here's how I view 2017:

Broncos with Romo: 13-3 and a loss in the divisional round.
Broncos without Romo: 10-6, WC win and a loss in the divisional round.

I'd prefer the latter simply because I view that as better for the long term development of this team.

13-3 with Romo lol. Why can't I stop laughing? The Broncos would be lucky to get 3 games from Romo. You can't be serious? This has to be a joke. Peace.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3 with Romo lol. Why can't I stop laughing? The Broncos would be lucky to get 3 games from Romo. You can't be serious? This has to be a joke. Peace.

There's an assumption that he completes the season. THAT'S the funny part. Get past that bold assumption and pretend for the sake of conversation that he does and yes, the Broncos are in the neighborhood of 13-3. Hardly matters; the Broncos likely roll with Siemian and Lynch. Siemian is dirt cheap through 2018 and showed himself a viable option. It's not a stretch to believe he can build on his season this year and improve on that. As for Lynch he's a first round pick so there's a 5th year option on him. No need to rush him in, especially if he can't be Siemian outright for the job.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I f Kubes is thinking of stepping down for health reason's this would be the time to do it. The O needs revamping big time so new staff could start from stratch.

PS I think Kubes stays a few more years min.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an assumption that he completes the season. THAT'S the funny part. Get past that bold assumption and pretend for the sake of conversation that he does and yes, the Broncos are in the neighborhood of 13-3. Hardly matters; the Broncos likely roll with Siemian and Lynch. Siemian is dirt cheap through 2018 and showed himself a viable option. It's not a stretch to believe he can build on his season this year and improve on that. As for Lynch he's a first round pick so there's a 5th year option on him. No need to rush him in, especially if he can't be Siemian outright for the job.

I don't need to pretend because I'm not 5 and I live in the real world that has shown me that Romo hasn't done anything in the last 2 years that would convince me that he would solve the problems on the Broncos offense. He has had tons of talent around him on the Cowboys and an o line that we as Broncos fans wish we had and he still couldn't stay healthy. No worth the price or risk at all. Peace.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo would never consider Denver with this putrid O line anyway so not even worth the topic. I still think Romo could kick butt with the right offense but of course his injury concerns is very legit. He will prob retire anyway because any teams that can contend for SB in next couple years, have their Qbs. Romo's only smart move is to restructure and be back up in Dallas.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to pretend because I'm not 5 and I live in the real world that has shown me that Romo hasn't done anything in the last 2 years that would convince me that he would solve the problems on the Broncos offense. He has had tons of talent around him on the Cowboys and an o line that we as Broncos fans wish we had and he still couldn't stay healthy. No worth the price or risk at all. Peace.

So much to say here but in a response there are some levels of inferior intellect to which I simply won't descend. Especially when I don't even think the Broncos will give Romo much more than passing consideration this off season. Love. Peace. Chicken grease.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo would never consider Denver with this putrid O line anyway so not even worth the topic. I still think Romo could kick butt with the right offense but of course his injury concerns is very legit. He will prob retire anyway because any teams that can contend for SB in next couple years, have their Qbs. Romo's only smart move is to restructure and be back up in Dallas.

I would disagree. I think in Romo's situation A. He may not eve get to pick as he would likely be traded not released. B. Why would you turn down Denver right now with what is around him minus the OL which hopefully god willing, we at least attempt to fix. yeah the OL sucks, but why would Romo wanna go to the Jets, Browns, Bills, etc. over Denver. We are the best team that needs a QB right now.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree. I think in Romo's situation A. He may not eve get to pick as he would likely be traded not released. B. Why would you turn down Denver right now with what is around him minus the OL which hopefully god willing, we at least attempt to fix. yeah the OL sucks, but why would Romo wanna go to the Jets, Browns, Bills, etc. over Denver. We are the best team that needs a QB right now.

But do we need a QB? I honestly think we are in good shape there. I think we can expect Siemian to progress in his second year as a starter and if the team improves the line that makes all things even better. I'm willing to see if we can develop the QBs we have rather than shell out for a guy like Romo, who may not even last the whole season.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I really like Cordarrelle Patterson who will be a FA this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we go. First ball is about to drop for the Broncos...

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no Dennison for HC