• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lively off season coming up for the Denver Broncos. Whatever the Broncos do - they need to get the ball in Sanders and DT's hands - because that is what they are paying for.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lively off season coming up for the Denver Broncos. Whatever the Broncos do - they need to get the ball in Sanders and DT's hands - because that is what they are paying for.
Isn't that true almost every off season? When aren't the Broncos one of the most discussed offseason teams? Tebow, Manning, Ware, firing Fox, now Kubiak retiring.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that true almost every off season? When aren't the Broncos one of the most discussed offseason teams? Tebow, Manning, Ware, firing Fox, now Kubiak retiring.

Don't forget Super Bowl 50 champions! Everyone wants to talk Denver Broncos!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems that way. The Broncos have been one of the most discussed teams in the off season since Elway's return. Just about the time you think you're in for a nice quiet transition from one season to the next something big happens. If Kubiak does retire due to health, nobody can blame him. He served this team exceedingly well by coaching the Broncos to their third Super Bowl win. Two years as HC and an immeasurable contribution to the franchise.

Thanks, Gary!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no. I read that he is just as bad about hiring all his close friends as his dad was.

Interesting. That will chill my enthusiasm but I still think he'd be a good fit to take this offense from awful to decent. But if they're going to do a complete reboot on offense you don't need to stay within a certain system anyway.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no. I read that he is just as bad about hiring all his close friends as his dad was.

I don't think Kyle would consider us other then upping $$$ for himself.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no thanks on Kyle Shanahan

I don't think Dennison will even get an ounce of thought in the head of Elway. I know he did last time, but how could you now?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S
Shanahan should only be given HC duties and that is all he would get. Elway is fully embedded as that GM of this team so any HC coming to town would know that isn't happening any time in the near future.

The other was we would need somebody in place to help him figure out how he wants to run the entire off season. From what I understand McDaniels went crazy with off season training to the point that the team had nothing left half way through the season. We saw them start 6-0 and completely fall apart after that. He also would put so much of the playbook into the week that players just were completely confused of what to do.

His dad?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo looks sharpe with 7 step drops , his quick release, rockets all over the field and one TD. Talk about quick starts. Thats a drive Denver can only dream about. 7 plays in 2:40.
Just enough to wet the appetite around the league.

Last edited:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My psuedo-broncos fan friend wants to chase after Kirk Cousins this offseason. Of course, he wanted RG3 or Ryan Fitzpatrick last year and thinks Tim Tebow still has a career in the NFL.

I know a few of us kicked around the RG3/Fitzpatrick idea.

I found it amusing and thought I would share.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My psuedo-broncos fan friend wants to chase after Kirk Cousins this offseason. Of course, he wanted RG3 or Ryan Fitzpatrick last year and thinks Tim Tebow still has a career in the NFL.

I know a few of us kicked around the RG3/Fitzpatrick idea.

I found it amusing and thought I would share.
Cost aside, Cousins and Shanahan would be awesome but that would mean Elway blew the Lynch pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cost aside, Cousins and Shanahan would be awesome but that would mean Elway blew the Lynch pick.

Also would wonder how in the world they make that work cap wise. Cousins is going to cost a ton of money and with the big contracts we just signed man our depth would get razor thin.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one around here who thinks Kyle Shanahan would be the perfect fit for the Broncos? He basically runs an updated version of Kubiak's offense. He would hopefully fix the offense's woes, and with Elway as GM it's not like Kubiak could go power crazy a la McDaniels. And if he was willing to let Wade continue to run the defense? Match made in heaven.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one around here who thinks Kyle Shanahan would be the perfect fit for the Broncos? He basically runs an updated version of Kubiak's offense. He would hopefully fix the offense's woes, and with Elway as GM it's not like Kubiak could go power crazy a la McDaniels. And if he was willing to let Wade continue to run the defense? Match made in heaven.

I'm beginning to come around to this way of thinking as well. It would certainly be the most seamless transition and would be the best way to retain Wade Phillips. The only sticking point for me would be who Shanahan would bring in as OC. Might be cool to have a melding of offensive minds and welcome Mike McCoy back to Denver or perhaps Shanahan would want to bring a bright position coach with him as the new OC.

Creative and dangerous offense + our championship caliber defense = back to the playoffs. I still think the Broncos are so close.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to come around to this way of thinking as well. It would certainly be the most seamless transition and would be the best way to retain Wade Phillips. The only sticking point for me would be who Shanahan would bring in as OC. Might be cool to have a melding of offensive minds and welcome Mike McCoy back to Denver or perhaps Shanahan would want to bring a bright position coach with him as the new OC.

Creative and dangerous offense + our championship caliber defense = back to the playoffs. I still think the Broncos are so close.
I agree with you about the offensive coordinator position. Personally I'd love to see McCoy back in Denver regardless who is named head coach. The guy proved he can be extremely adaptive with scheme when we had Tebow, and he has had a lot of success grooming qb's.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let his dad call plays for a year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your not the only one by a long shot. Most want Shanahan to be here for plenty of reasons. He has a lot of positives working in his favor.

1) Brings a system that wouldn't cause the entire offense to have to learn a whole new system. They can just update what they have.
2) Bronco connections. Would be very welcomed into Denver.
3) Has taken a lot of mediocre QB's in his career and helped make them look pretty darn decent.
4) Has shown he is willing to adapt at times. The offense he ran with RGIII compared to what he ran with the Browns is night and day.
5) Young guy that if they find success could be here a very long time giving us some stability.

Some negatives that I have heard...
1) Difficult to work with.
2) Hires people that in the past have proven to be unqualified for their positions.
3) At times can be stubborn and try to make players fit his system more so than fit the system to them. Atlanta if you remember last year running his system really struggled. Took the players time to adjust to what he wanted to do. In Washington QB's complained they would come to him with ideas of what would work and he would shoot those ideas down quickly.
4) Has been known to hold grudges against players that went against him.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not the only one by a long shot. Most want Shanahan to be here for plenty of reasons. He has a lot of positives working in his favor.

1) Brings a system that wouldn't cause the entire offense to have to learn a whole new system. They can just update what they have.
2) Bronco connections. Would be very welcomed into Denver.
3) Has taken a lot of mediocre QB's in his career and helped make them look pretty darn decent.
4) Has shown he is willing to adapt at times. The offense he ran with RGIII compared to what he ran with the Browns is night and day.
5) Young guy that if they find success could be here a very long time giving us some stability.

Some negatives that I have heard...
1) Difficult to work with.
2) Hires people that in the past have proven to be unqualified for their positions.
3) At times can be stubborn and try to make players fit his system more so than fit the system to them. Atlanta if you remember last year running his system really struggled. Took the players time to adjust to what he wanted to do. In Washington QB's complained they would come to him with ideas of what would work and he would shoot those ideas down quickly.
4) Has been known to hold grudges against players that went against him.
Honestly, a lot of those negatives you listed sound like typical problems for the hot shot, bright, young, type-A personality head coaching candidates. That's why I think having Elway there as the final say guy is important. That said, hopefully Shanahan doesn't think so highly of himself that he'd rather go somewhere else where he has more say. That seems like a path straight down the McDaniels road in Denver to me.