• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season thread 2024, new regime

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed the play inside the 10 when he shot the gap and a few for no gain or a loss on WR screens.

It is the reason their are forums .... different strokes for different folks and whether you agreed or not we knew well ahead of time that the first pick was going to be a CB .... the shocker was Quan with the 2nd.
It was a good play. He had a good play in preseason when he stuffed the RB at the 1 I believe. Maybe it was a WR? I don't recall.

I understand why we have forums.

You, Dean, and whoever can continue to teach, correct, or remind me about Forbes. Knock yourselves out. I am used to being the party popper. That doesn't mean I am wrong though.

I agree. CB was going to be the pick. I disagree with the pick now just as much as I did when it was made.
It was made by someone who admitted to the media that they "didn't know what was going on" all the time.

I am not going to be convinced Forbes was a good pick just like i was not going to be convinced that a certain QB who we traded for was our franchise qb.

I guess my avatar has a sign that says "I am an Idiot" or something.

By all means, keep posting about Forbes or whatever you wish.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who would you have taken on the OL? Guyton who went 13 picks later? That seems foolish.
Torrence is who I wanted.

I wanted to see a trade down though in all honesty.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason why Gonzo was there b/c RR basically broadcasted that we were all in on Forbes. That is why BB made the trade. He knew he could pick up a draft pick, screw the Jets, and still get his guy.
And this was the guy you wanted as GM correct?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it 3 times...yes

If we could not trade down.

Then when we passed on him again in the 2nd round you must have been furious. lol. I dont remember you calling for Torrence at #16 back then. Maybe I forgot. My bad

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then when we passed on him again in the 2nd round you must have been furious. lol. I dont remember you calling for Torrence at #16 back then. Maybe I forgot. My bad
No need to apologize...lol

Nobody remembers who everyone wanted here.

Yes, I was furious in the 2nd round.

Seeing torrence start day 1 in Buffalo and play well stings. He was mentioned several times during the chiefs vs bills playoff game.

Cosmi and torrence would be fantastic and be the anchor of the OLine.

Oh well...Hopefully peters figures it out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to apologize...lol

Nobody remembers who everyone wanted here.

Yes, I was furious in the 2nd round.

Seeing torrence start day 1 in Buffalo and play we'll stings.

Cosmi and torrence would be fantastic and be the anchor of the OLine.

Oh well...Hopefully peters figures it out.

agreed. I wanted Availa in the 2nd but he got taken few spots earlier. I think they were targeting Branch in the 2nd, but Detroit traded up to get him. Then they made the shocker pick of martin with Terrance still on the board. They must if had a bad draft grade on him. I dont get it. I justified the Martin pick to take the snaps that Mccann took. Then we see butler out there. Yikes!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. I wanted Availa in the 2nd but he got taken few spots earlier. I think they were targeting Branch in the 2nd, but Detroit traded up to get him. Then they made the shocker pick of martin with Terrance still on the board. They must if had a bad draft grade on him. I dont get it. I justified the Martin pick to take the snaps that Mccann took. Then we see butler out there. Yikes!
Branch was apparently told he would be the pick at 16. This is his own account of course.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good play. He had a good play in preseason when he stuffed the RB at the 1 I believe. Maybe it was a WR? I don't recall.

I understand why we have forums.

You, Dean, and whoever can continue to teach, correct, or remind me about Forbes. Knock yourselves out. I am used to being the party popper. That doesn't mean I am wrong though.

I agree. CB was going to be the pick. I disagree with the pick now just as much as I did when it was made.
It was made by someone who admitted to the media that they "didn't know what was going on" all the time.

I am not going to be convinced Forbes was a good pick just like i was not going to be convinced that a certain QB who we traded for was our franchise qb.

I guess my avatar has a sign that says "I am an Idiot" or something.

By all means, keep posting about Forbes or whatever you wish.
There is no ill will or name calling .... just a difference of opinion. Someone can have a full plate of crow later. I really wanted Joey Porter Jr but word got out that they were not interested. Joey was good at PSU but did not create a lot of TOs.

I thought Torrance would be the pick in the 2nd round .... shows what I know.

Would have been interesting if Gonzalez had been the pick, the new asst QB coach is married to his sister.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no ill will or name calling .... just a difference of opinion. Someone can have a full plate of crow later. I really wanted Joey Porter Jr but word got out that they were not interested. Joey was good at PSU but did not create a lot of TOs.

I thought Torrance would be the pick in the 2nd round .... shows what I know.

Would have been interesting if Gonzalez had been the pick, the new asst QB coach is married to his sister.
I know...I am mostly joking.

Porter was good at PSU. Would have been a good Commander.

Agreed on torrence in the 2nd.

Agreed on Gonzalez.

Looking forward to peters game plan.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can respect that you are willing to go out on a limb. Torrance would have been a great pick in the 2nd but at 16, that would have been a huge reach.
Well, he was starting on the bills and creating running holes in the playoffs. He started day 1 for a top 5 team in the nfl.

Forbes looked lost, can't tackle and got benched his rookie season.

So the question was...who was the reach?

Banks and Porter outplayed Forbes as well.

Personal opinion, fans are emotional tied to Forbes and will defend him during his tenure here. He will be a point of contention here. Again, if Forbes was on the cowboys, we would claim he sux and not think twice about it.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was starting on the bills and creating running holes in the playoffs. He started day 1 for a top 5 team in the nfl.

Personal opinion, fans are emotional tied to Forbes and will defend him during his tenure here. He will be a point of contention here. Again, if Forbes was on the cowboys, we would claim he sux and not think twice about it.
I resist your emotional reference. Did Forbes get beat some yes. Did he make plays, yes. Was the coaching for the entire defense shit, yes.

You fall back on that emotional fans shit when you disagree. That's bullshit. Torrance played on a team with much better coaching.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft status and professional results are two completely separate things. Looking back, Brady was obviously the #1 pick in the draft but had be been taken in the third, he was overdrafted.

Forbes never looked lost. His coverage was solid but his coaching staff put him on players who outweighed him by 50 pounds.

Yes, year one Banks and Porter did outplay him. Josh Allen was a complete bust in year one also. Year one does not a career make.

Nope. There is no emotional attachment for most; however, Dean may be. Most fans simply don’t judge a career by the first year.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I resist your emotional reference. Did Forbes get beat some yes. Did he make plays, yes. Was the coaching for the entire defense shit, yes.

You fall back on that emotional fans shit when you disagree. That's bullshit. Torrance played on a team with much better coaching.
You can do whatever you want sportster.
I have said that a million times
I don't care. Swear, call me names, claim you are right..have at it. You do the same with chiller and pday and get embarassed. You do you.

Im not going to get bullied though.

I dont like Forbes. To imply I must like him and support him 100% is ridiculous.
Again, just because we draft someone doesn't mean they are good and we need to give them 1,000 years to get good.

I believe we have some very emotional fans. My opinion.

I am disagreed with all the time...I don't care. I let the results on the field do the talking
..and i amm right most of the time. Funny how I don't need to wait and see. Isn't that something?

I was told to have faith and hope in Rivera. Is that logic or emotion sportster?

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft status and professional results are two completely separate things. Looking back, Brady was obviously the #1 pick in the draft but had be been taken in the third, he was overdrafted.

Forbes never looked lost. His coverage was solid but his coaching staff put him on players who outweighed him by 50 pounds.

Yes, year one Banks and Porter did outplay him. Josh Allen was a complete bust in year one also. Year one does not a career make.

Nope. There is no emotional attachment for most; however, Dean may be. Most fans simply don’t judge a career by the first year.
He did look lost to me...my opinion.

Again, we are defending him because he was our 1st round draft pick. I doubt the nfl views Forbes as highly as we do. I could be wrong.

If we are going to blame the coaches, then we continue to keep the tradition alive of coming up with excuses. I was told wentz could have succeeded with a better OLine as well.

Forbes could turn it around. He could be an all pro. Let's make that clear so when he does make a good play, the " you see duke, look at Forbes now".comments are kept to a minimum.

Why was the jury out on haskins after 1 year then.
Fan polls do indicate a lean toward emotion. 70% of fans wanted Rivera as coach and gm if we got to the playoffs. Dean and skinsdad showed the poll on Hogshaven. Those are facts.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did look lost to me...my opinion.

Again, we are defending him because he was our 1st round draft pick. I doubt the nfl views Forbes as highly as we do. I could be wrong.

If we are going to blame the coaches, then we continue to keep the tradition alive of coming up with excuses. I was told wentz could have succeeded with a better OLine as well.

Forbes could turn it around. He could be an all pro. Let's make that clear so when he does make a good play, the " you see duke, look at Forbes now".comments are kept to a minimum.

Why was the jury out on haskins after 1 year then.
Fan polls do indicate a lean toward emotion. 70% of fans wanted Rivera as coach and gm if we got to the playoffs. Dean and skinsdad showed the poll on Hogshaven. Those are facts.

I am defending Forbes because I saw good coverage, superior athletes, and poor decisions.

The jury wasn’t out on Haskins. QB is a different position though, one that requires more character and mental acuity than athletic prowess.

A poll exists is a fact…a poll itself is not a fact. It is a collection of opinions.