• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season thread 2024, new regime

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the logic because the area should have been addressed in free agency. It wasn't a pressing issue to me. Looking back, if we went defense, Campbell at LB should have been the pick.

Also, i don't see the logic because the wrong CB was taken.

Even Rivera and JDR saw the mistake and benched him. The season was already over so one would think that keeping him out there and allowing him to grow would have been wise? I guess not.

I agree on the DL, but I also believe Rivera naturally defaulted to defense when it came to player acquisition. I didn't see CB as a massive need and viewed the OLine as mission critical in order to protect howell. Rivera disagreed.

I think if Forbes played for DAL we would say he sux but because he was our 1st round pick, we want to believe in him. Logically, the pick won't work out because Riveras 1st round picks were awful outside of Dotson. And even there, we should have kept the pick and taken olave.

No…you are refusing to see the logic. Gonzalez was a better corner but had no ball skills. We had the DL to provide pressure. If you want turnovers, you have to have corners with ball skills.

I say what I said since we drafted Forbes…he will get abused by big WRs. Forbes wasn’t beat hardly at all this season on routes.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No…you are refusing to see the logic. Gonzalez was a better corner but had no ball skills. We had the DL to provide pressure. If you want turnovers, you have to have corners with ball skills.

I say what I said since we drafted Forbes…he will get abused by big WRs. Forbes wasn’t beat hardly at all this season on routes.
I agree with the concept but I disagree that CB was more important than protecting howell.

I understand the idea of creating turnovers. But Forbes was the wrong pick to accomplish that obviously. He is also terrible in run support. The Chicago game proved this.

Skinsdad pointed this out and he is correct. Forbes might have been the lowest graded CB starter actually. I still think people are wanting to see something that isn't there simply because we drafted him. Objectively speaking, there should be a lot of concern with Forbes.

Apparently we were interested in ball hawks. We apparently lied to Branch...according to him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont buy into rumors and you know that.
Who is the source? You do that alot. You claim there is a rumor and it turned out to be nothing.

If you didn't like Witherspoon, we should probably drop the whole conversation because we are on different planets. Witherspoon was the highest rated cb and was excellent as a rookie. Apparently you liked forbes better? That makes no sense to me.

You believe in Forbes because he was drafted by the team. This is what chiller was telling you. You rubber stamp everything we do.

I would have taken torrence at 16 or traded down. He was a plug and play player.
We don't know if we had calls or not. I doubt Rivera would have said they did or didn't. Apparently you still trust rivera. I am confident we could have traded down if we tried to. Rivera wasn't exactly honest all the time while he was here. He told the media we would be a powe running team with a 2 to 1 run ratio. I believe we led the league in pass attempts right?

One offseason won't clean up the damage Rivera did Dean. We can start, but it will take a few offseasons to get the roster where it needs to be. Peters is good, but not a miracle worker.

i forgot to add Spoon. I knew we couldn't get him anyways. How was it rubber stamped? I had Gonzo and Porter ranked higher or just as good. ia greed that we should of went Cb at 16. it had logic

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i forgot to add Spoon. I knew we couldn't get him anyways. How was it rubber stamped? I had Gonzo and Porter ranked higher or just as good. ia greed that we should of went Cb at 16. it had logic
What's the logic? Because Rivera said so?

Passing on OLine did more to hurt this team than it would have on passing on Forbes. You liked Rivera, wanted him as GM, and liked the pick.

Like chiller said, you get excited about every draft pick and free agent signing. You were even excited about the alleged espn report about EB being an offensive GM. You tried to convince me it was smart.

You were excited about Rivera
You were excited about chase Young
You were excited about the 2022 trade down
You were excited about Scott Turner
You were excited about Forbes

What do all of those have in common?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the logic? Because Rivera said so?

Passing on OLine did more to hurt this team than it would have on passing on Forbes. You liked Rivera, wanted him as GM, and liked the pick.

Like chiller said, you get excited about every draft pick and free agent signing. You were even excited about the alleged espn report about EB being an offensive GM. You tried to convince me it was smart.

You were excited about Rivera
You were excited about chase Young
You were excited about the 2022 trade down
You were excited about Scott Turner
You were excited about Forbes

What do all of those have in common?

The logic that we needed a CB. Could have taken your guy Torence in the 2nd round but RR passed. That was a mistake.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logic that we needed a CB. Could have taken your guy Torence in the 2nd round but RR passed. That was a mistake

We didn't need a cb bad enough to burn a 1st round pick. You are still defending Rivera. We could have gotten a cb in free agency or with a mid round pick. Rivera wanted to collect more defense...shocker.
The OLine was a mess and you know it.

I am done here. Another waste of time.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't need a cb bad enough to burn a 1st round pick. You are still defending Rivera. We could have gotten a cb in free agency or with a mid round pick. Rivera wanted to collect more defense...shocker.
The OLine was a mess and you know it.

I am done here. Another waste of time.

so i guess gk and sportster are defending RR too.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i guess gk and sportster are defending RR too.
I don't care who is defending him. Rivera was awful and we are paying for it. Anyone defending Rivera is wrong period.

You rubber stamped everything he did.

I told you Rivera was a mistake 4 years ago...and pointed out his mistakes each offseason.

Who was right...me or you?

If you want to play the Rivera game...I am going to stop you before you make a mistake.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who is defending him. Rivera was awful and we are paying for it. Anyone defending Rivera is wrong period.

You rubber stamped everything he did.

I told you Rivera was a mistake 4 years ago...and pointed out his mistakes each offseason.

Who was right...me or you?

of course he made mistakes. FWIW i wanted a Hamilton before the trade down in 2022. Whos is defending RR? I just said im not ready to write off Forbes and YOU responded.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he made mistakes. FWIW i wanted a Hamilton before the trade down in 2022. Whos is defending RR? I just said im not ready to write off Forbes and YOU responded.
You defended Rivera for almost 4 years and claim there was logic to Forbes.

You were defending Rivera still well into the season. Don't get upset with me because I figured out his magic act before you did.

You were jumping up and down with the trade and called me out.

Just like you did with wentz.

We found our qb...were is duke?

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the concept but I disagree that CB was more important than protecting howell.

I understand the idea of creating turnovers. But Forbes was the wrong pick to accomplish that obviously. He is also terrible in run support. The Chicago game proved this.

Skinsdad pointed this out and he is correct. Forbes might have been the lowest graded CB starter actually. I still think people are wanting to see something that isn't there simply because we drafted him. Objectively speaking, there should be a lot of concern with Forbes.

Apparently we were interested in ball hawks. We apparently lied to Branch...according to him.

Make no mistake, I am not defending the choice, I am seeing the logic. The right pick was Gonzalez though, not OL.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake, I am not defending the choice, I am seeing the logic. The right pick was Gonzalez though, not OL.
We will have to agree to disagree then.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You defended Rivera for almost 4 years and claim there was logic to Forbes.

You were defending Rivera still well into the season. Don't get upset with me because I figured out his magic act before you did.

You were jumping up and down with the trade and called me out.

Just like you did with wentz.

We found our qb...were is duke?

Good times

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are mistaken defense with seeing the logic. You can’t draft a guy and then not put him in a position to succeed.

RR and company wanted a CB. They saw the ball hawking from Forbes and thought he would get turnovers for us.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason why Gonzo was there b/c RR basically broadcasted that we were all in on Forbes. That is why BB made the trade. He knew he could pick up a draft pick, screw the Jets, and still get his guy.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must have missed the play inside the 10 when he shot the gap and a few for no gain or a loss on WR screens.

It is the reason their are forums .... different strokes for different folks and whether you agreed or not we knew well ahead of time that the first pick was going to be a CB .... the shocker was Quan with the 2nd.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR and company wanted a CB. They saw the ball hawking from Forbes and thought he would get turnovers for us.

Like I said, I understand the logic. I am the one who just explained it.

The move did not work though so there is no defense for it. RR also did not put Forbes in a position to succeed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I understand the logic. I am the one who just explained it.

The move did not work though so there is no defense for it. RR also did not put Forbes in a position to succeed.

ok, but we cant write off Forbes just yet. Hopefully he develops into a good CB.