• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ocho Stupido

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slapping your attorney on the ass during trial is apparently grounds for going to jail.

Who knew?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to post a thread about this. From what I read, the slap only extended his probation to three months, and he was going to face jail for his domestic assault and for probation or some other thing violation.

I think this is abuse of power. To give someone three more months of probation for a playful butt slap? I think a stern warning was merited here. I mean really, what was the point. The judge was just being a ****.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw a video of this incident on tmz. I think the judge took offense when the people in the courtroom started laughing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This needs more context. If he had been clowning in the courtroom and had been warned before, then fine. But from the clip I saw, it was absolutely nothing. If it was just that, then the judge absolutely abused her power.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to post a thread about this. From what I read, the slap only extended his probation to three months, and he was going to face jail for his domestic assault and for probation or some other thing violation.

I think this is abuse of power. To give someone three more months of probation for a playful butt slap? I think a stern warning was merited here. I mean really, what was the point. The judge was just being a ****.

The judge saw it as Contempt of Court, I guess.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judges abuse their power all the time, but in this case I'm sure Chad's reputation preceded him.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away that this was Chad Johnson, this was a bullshit call. Now, I know that Chad was in there for domestic abuse, nothing to take lightly, but if you told him that you were taking the plea deal, then don't refute it because a simple stupid butt slap. That was bull crap, and it was abuse of power by a **** judge. Judges are ex lawyers, I tell you...for every good lawyer, there is 9000 fucking douche bag lawyers.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An article I read said the judge had dealt with this behavior from him in court before. She wasn't going to let it keep happening. He's the stupid fuck for continuing to do that even after he knew she didn't like it. Dot blame the judge, blame his ignorant ass. Court isn't a playroom.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no is not. I haven't read any articles claiming he had been warn before. if that was the case, then yes, send him to prison. But if he had not been warn before, then is bullshit to toss him to prison for a simple butt slap. In the video you can tell the judge gets up all uptight after there is laughter from the gallery. TVs are on, look at me lay down the law. But again, if he had been warn before, okay, fine send him to prison, but if this was a first time offense, it was major bullshit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge on a power trip acting like she's on some kind of reality TV show. "Are you happy with your lawyer?" she asked him. What kind of bullshit condescending question is that anyways? Remember, she had to goad him on twice with stupid comments before he playfully patted his lawyer on the butt. Only then does she fly off the handle and send him to jail. Just another celebrity wanna-be looking for her 15 minutes at the expense of a real celebrity imo.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if you watch the vid you'll see the judge was just a bitch. She tells Chad he should thank his lawyer for a great job. He smacks lawyers butt and says good job, thank you. Ocho continues answering Judge's questions very seriously while others start to laugh...."the whole court room is laughing' and 'you aren't taking this seriously'...even tho Chad never so much as cracked a smile.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read any articles claiming he had been warn before.
Here is a quote from the ESPN article I read:

"It's not the first time he's behaved that way in my courtroom," she said.

Chad Johnson to serve 30 days in jail - ESPN

So while he may not have been given an official "warning" per se, he has acted this way before. I've been to one court hearing(a friend of mine for his DUI) and I'll tell you that judge would barely allow a sneeze, let alone pulling what Chad Johnson did, however meaningless it really was. You just have to know how serious judges are.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the judge did this. I read somewhere that she said he broke the law and violated his domestic violence conditions by doing what he did. What is this country coming too for crying out loud! He was a football player that smacked his teammates on the behind when they did something good. I'm sure it was just a natural reaction and didn't mean to disrespect the court.

Whether you like Chad or not....This is freaking insane!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world you guys can be defending his overt stupidity is beyond me.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world you guys can be defending his overt stupidity is beyond me.

How you can think a judge should be able to send a man to jail for 30 days just because she doesn't like the way he thanked his lawyer for helping him is beyond me.

Her job is to enforce the law. Not sentence people to jail for something as silly as this. She said to him to thank his lawyer for doing a good job and then gets all premenstrual for doing it the way he did.

The only reason she flipped out was because the rest of the court started to laugh. Last time I checked, stupidity is not a jailable offense.

If this happened to you, you would be screaming bloody murder! I know I would.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you can think a judge should be able to send a man to jail for 30 days just because she doesn't like the way he thanked his lawyer for helping him is beyond me.

If you think that's what this is all about, you're not interested in the truth.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tIleuG0fc]Skip Bayless & Stephen A. Smith on Chad Johnson Sentenced To 30 Days In Jail | First Take - YouTube[/ame]