• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OBJ to the Hawks?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same for the Carroll, McVay has plenty of time, he's only 36.

Besides who are you kidfing, you rather have McVay than Carroll.
No one said Carroll would win multiple SBs but wonder boy was the next genius. When he gets to 46 I guess you'll he's only 46.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, OBJ cleared waivers. I am glad we didn't claim him at that price. I still don't see the reason to bring him on board, but at least at this point it would probably not be very expensive. DK is averaging less than 5 catches per game. That # needs to be bigger, but how does that happen if you add another WR who will want no small share of the attention?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, OBJ cleared waivers. I am glad we didn't claim him at that price. I still don't see the reason to bring him on board, but at least at this point it would probably not be very expensive. DK is averaging less than 5 catches per game. That # needs to be bigger, but how does that happen if you add another WR who will want no small share of the attention?
DK was targeted 129 times last year resulting in 83 rec

This year hes had 56 targets / 39 rec... Through 8 games he's on track for 112 targets through 16 games... He's definitely been targeted less w/out Wilson playing...

Through first 4 games of season, he was targeted 33 times w/ RW... Last 4 games, he's been targeted 23 times with Geno... ( I know Geno/RW both played in Rams game in week 5 but I didn't want to go see how many times DK was targeted by each of the two)...

Anyways, we should definitely see an uptick of targets this weekend when RW comes back...

With all that to say, I'm glad the Hawks didn't put in a waiver request for him OBJ... I'd rather watch Eskridge get more PT since he will be on our roster years longer than OBJ would...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK was targeted 129 times last year resulting in 83 rec

This year hes had 56 targets / 39 rec... Through 8 games he's on track for 112 targets through 16 games... He's definitely been targeted less w/out Wilson playing...

Through first 4 games of season, he was targeted 33 times w/ RW... Last 4 games, he's been targeted 23 times with Geno... ( I know Geno/RW both played in Rams game in week 5 but I didn't want to go see how many times DK was targeted by each of the two)...

Anyways, we should definitely see an uptick of targets this weekend when RW comes back...

With all that to say, I'm glad the Hawks didn't put in a waiver request for him OBJ... I'd rather watch Eskridge get more PT since he will be on our roster years longer than OBJ would...

Week 5
Geno - 4
Russ - 1

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason I don't want OBJ is RW will look downfield for big plays more often... One of the knocks on RW is he doesn't take what the defense gives him resulting in sacks and 3 and outs too often... Our OL obviously can sustain pass protection - enough for him to keep looking for explosive play downfield...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PURE Super Bowl or bust for the Rams. McVay and Stafford will keep OBJ probably as happy as he's going to get... along with Von Miller if the Rams don't win the Super Bowl that's the biggest failure I can think of...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams going all out

I was 100% afraid of this. A team with zero cap room signs OBJ and it's a team in our division. Wood, Kupp and OBJ. Rams have leap frogged over Seattle with the most talented WR core in the NFC West ... hell I wouldn't feel bad saying they now have the most talented WR Core in the NFL. This was one of the two things we couldn't let happen. That was the Rams or Cards grabbing OBJ!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kupp (who is already having a historic season), Woods, and OBJ... and then Higbee...

Good lord....

And then just when you're happy you got them off the field and held em' to a field goal, you get Floyd/Donald and Miller coming at you. LOL. F'ing OP as fuck team right now. If they fail to win the SBOWL LOL.

I guess the Titans found a way though, so who knows... Any given Sunday/Season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 100% afraid of this. A team with zero cap room signs OBJ and it's a team in our division. Wood, Kupp and OBJ. Rams have leap frogged over Seattle with the most talented WR core in the NFC West ... hell I wouldn't feel bad saying they now have the most talented WR Core in the NFL. This was one of the two things we couldn't let happen. That was the Rams or Cards grabbing OBJ!
I honestly think OBJ won't be as big of a threat as people think. I believe he won't be getting the targets he thinks he'll get in LA since LA already has 3 WRs and Henderson who can catch out of the backfield and Higgby. The dude wants his final contract payday next year and if he doesn't get his share of looks he might become that "me" player.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think OBJ won't be as big of a threat as people think. I believe he won't be getting the targets he thinks he'll get in LA since LA already has 3 WRs and Henderson who can catch out of the backfield and Higgby. The dude wants his final contract payday next year and if he doesn't get his share of looks he might become that "me" player.

It isn't about "next year", right now he makes them a much better team, and if you don't think he is a #3 on that team I think you need to share some of what you got with everyone. lol

He makes the Rams offense even more potent and they now have in my eyes the best WR room in the NFC West if not all of the NFL. Who cares if he cries when the season is over, you wave bye bye and grab that 3rd round comp. I do believe because he cleared waivers he now awards the team compensation if he leaves in 2022.

That comp pick and keeping him away from the 49ers, Rams and Cards was the only reasons I wanted him here.

Now let me add this. As Seahawks fans we know how 1 disgruntled WR can kill a season all you have to do is look back at Galloway. Hawks were 8-2 with out him. He comes back and they go 1-5 the rest of the way. One guy can destroy a group but Odell is not the #1, #2 and doesn't have to be the #3 if he throws fits because they have talent but he makes them even more talented and I believe he is now playing for that next contract and he will be well behaved. ( I hope not though )

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams lost Woods for the season, had the Hawks snagged OBJ the Rams would only really have Kupp, now they are still strong with Kupp and OBJ. Not as strong as they were but still. Glad the next time the Hawks face them they do not have to face that 3 headed monster.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams lost Woods for the season, had the Hawks snagged OBJ the Rams would only really have Kupp, now they are still strong with Kupp and OBJ. Not as strong as they were but still. Glad the next time the Hawks face them they do not have to face that 3 headed monster.
Are they still strong with Kupp and OBJ? I feel OBJ will be a liability cause he can't separate any more, but still wants the pass to come to him. Guess we'll see how it works out.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they still strong with Kupp and OBJ? I feel OBJ will be a liability cause he can't separate any more, but still wants the pass to come to him. Guess we'll see how it works out.
He's never been a crisp route runner... Not like Kupp/Woods... Personally, I don't have a lot of high expectations for OBJ... Losing Woods really hurts the Rams IMO... OBJ won't come closing to closing the gap vacated by Woods... I like the Rams receiver, Van Jefferson more than OBJ at this stage of his career...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you have actually watched OBJ play the last couple years? He's not the guy he was in NY anymore. The dude drops so many easy passes even in soft coverage. When was the last explosive play you remember him making?

I'm not saying he won't have a play or two with the Rams, but let's not pretend he's a game changer anymore. With Woods out, their corps definitely got worse with Odell.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you have actually watched OBJ play the last couple years? He's not the guy he was in NY anymore. The dude drops so many easy passes even in soft coverage. When was the last explosive play you remember him making?

I'm not saying he won't have a play or two with the Rams, but let's not pretend he's a game changer anymore. With Woods out, their corps definitely got worse with Odell.

I have, and like I said he isn't a #1 or #2 guy but as a #3 yeah he is more than solid, After that he can even fill that #2 role if he pulls his head out of his ass. As far as dropping passes, yes he drops a lot always has that's not knew. Seems to me many of you thought he was someone that would make all the catches and now has butter fingers. Nope he never was that guy. But he would make stupidly crazy catches some times and that's all many of you have seen thinking he had great hands. Nah man his hands are average always have been.

Losing Woods hurts the Rams more than getting OBJ helps but it would have been way worse for them had they not had OBJ.