• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nova goes down!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS year, it's a mid major conference. If you think it isn't, you haven't been paying attention.

Of course NORMALLY the big east is good, but in the first year of the new big east they are pretty shitty dude

They are 4th in RPI and getting 40% of their teams in with a small prayer for 5.

That is not mid major. Name one mid major with that amount of teams in. I'll save you the trouble, you can't.

This isn't even arguable.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG who gives a damn if they're a mid-major or not.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A10 isn't getting 40% in unless Dayton and st joes get serious help.

They have been considered closer to a major conference recently anyways.

A mid major is the goddamn Missouri valley. Or the horizon where butler came from.

There is a reason you hop from horizon to A-10 to BE. Mid major to high mid major to major conference.

It couldn't be any simpler. Literally any basketball "expert"(I use this lightly as digger and dakich" are morons will tell you the BE is not a mid major.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG who gives a damn if they're a mid-major or not.

Obviously you care enough to make a comment that contributes nothing to the thread in general.

Nobody is forcing a zona fan to read a nova thread. Run along.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A10 isn't getting 40% in unless Dayton and st joes get serious help.

They have been considered closer to a major conference recently anyways.

A mid major is the goddamn Missouri valley. Or the horizon where butler came from.

There is a reason you hop from horizon to A-10 to BE. Mid major to high mid major to major conference.

It couldn't be any simpler. Literally any basketball "expert"(I use this lightly as digger and dakich" are morons will tell you the BE is not a mid major.

youre a moron /eot

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I win.

if you want to take the 30 year history of a league that exists today in name only and compare them as the same entity go for it. But the big east in its current formation is a mid major and time will prove this more and more true.

you state as fact that the current big east is a lock for 4 teams when in reality it is 3(one of those barely a bubble as is) and a possibility for one more bubble at the most.

six a10 teams are current locks 6/14 = .429% > 3/10 = .300%

no amount of logic will change your flawed perception so what more is there to discuss?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to take the 30 year history of a league that exists today in name only and compare them as the same entity go for it. But the big east in its current formation is a mid major and time will prove this more and more true.

you state as fact that the current big east is a lock for 4 teams when in reality it is 3(one of those barely a bubble as is) and a possibility for one more bubble at the most.

no amount of logic will change your flawed perception so what more is there to discuss?

And, even more to your point, there are only 13 teams in the A10.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#winning

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How are Dayton and st. Joes locks?

They are 1 spot up on providence and play each other. I'm assuming Providence doesn't lose to SHU.

BE 4th in RPI. So is the SEC a mid major? Was the PAC 12 a mid major for years?

No. I'll play your game. You're a moron.

Find me one basketball mind that considers the BE a mid major. Find me any statistical data source RPI BPI pomeroy or saragin.

You can't. It isn't possible. Fact.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are Dayton and st. Joes locks?

They are 1 spot up on providence and play each other. I'm assuming Providence doesn't lose to SHU.

BE 4th in RPI. So is the SEC a mid major? Was the PAC 12 a mid major for years?

No. I'll play your game. You're a moron.

Find me one basketball mind that considers the BE a mid major. Find me any statistical data source RPI BPI pomeroy or saragin.

You can't. It isn't possible. Fact.

all i'm saying is that the 3rd place team in the Big East had, at MOST, 2 quality wins the whole year. Are we counting Xavier as a quality win? I guess we will have to since Xavier was able to muster 3 quality wins (if we count Tennessee as one...)

Very impressive

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i'm saying is that the 3rd place team in the Big East had, at MOST, 2 quality wins the whole year. Are we counting Xavier as a quality win? I guess we will have to since Xavier was able to muster 3 quality wins (if we count Tennessee as one...)

Very impressive

BE bottom feeders DePaul and butler beat big10 bottom feeders NW and Purdue.

Gtown beat VcU.

Nova beat Iowa and KU.

That a10 comparison? Gtown beat VcU and couldn't survive the BE. Marquette about all the could do correctly was paste George Washington.

I mean the computer numbers don't lie. It isn't what it was in 09 or 2011 when it was loaded. But it isn't a mid major unless it's just the Big10 and maybe big12(even they are not top every year)

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very impressive

By the logic where you base labels on performance though, the Pac-10/12 is a mid major too though.

I clearly remember recent times when the Pac-10 regular season champ was in serious jeopardy of not receiving an at large bid. Isn't that the definition of a mid-major? SEC outside of Florida and Kentucky hasn't been much better in some recent years.

I mean, when Arizona and UCLA are down, does the Pac-10 have better to offer? Or would you like to create a separate thread and go team by team? ;) (would be interesting actually)

Last edited by a moderator:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the very first year of this new big east they are getting max 4 in, with 2 being in the "last 8 teams".

that's almost the exact definition of what a mid major goes through in a typical season. It's like a replica of the Mountain West most years

The Pac was "like" a mid major the last few years. This year the Big East is in the same situation.

Also when next year rolls around, Creighton will be god-awful and I'll bet a very unlikely tourney team.
Maybe Gtown or Marquette replaces them, but there's not a lot of sure things next year besides 'Nova.

Providence loses Cotton, correct? There is going to be a serious lack of talent in the BE next year, so it might get worse long before it gets better

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the logic where you base labels on performance though, the Pac-10/12 is a mid major too though.

I clearly remember recent times when the Pac-10 regular season champ was in serious jeopardy of not receiving an at large bid. Isn't that the definition of a mid-major? SEC outside of Florida and Kentucky hasn't been much better in some recent years.

I mean, when Arizona and UCLA are down, does the Pac-10 have better to offer?

No that's why this is asinine to even argue.

The league is "down" and still grades out to be a top 5 conference.

The SEC now that is joke territory and even that is a major conference. As you said the PAC 12 had years where winning the conference tourney was the only lock.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the very first year of this new big east they are getting max 4 in, with 2 being in the "last 8 teams".

that's almost the exact definition of what a mid major goes through in a typical season. It's like a replica of the Mountain West most years

The Pac was "like" a mid major the last few years. This year the Big East is in the same situation.

Also when next year rolls around, Creighton will be god-awful and I'll bet a very unlikely tourney team.
Maybe Gtown or Marquette replaces them, but there's not a lot of sure things next year besides 'Nova.

Providence loses Cotton, correct? There is going to be a serious lack of talent in the BE next year, so it might get worse long before it gets better

Wrong. Everyone but butler and DePaul are bringing in strong classes. Obviously creighton is losing a lot but every other team will be improved.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the most important thing that we can get out of this stupid argument is this:

THE BIG EAST IS HORRIBLE THIS YEAR.

Just like the SEC. Just like the Pac was the last few years.

End of story.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Everyone but butler and DePaul are bringing in strong classes. Obviously creighton is losing a lot but every other team will be improved.

you think that strong classes, on average, equate to success the next year?

Wrong, and that's why I said that things will get worse before they get better.

How often do frosh play huge contributions, except in rare cases? Our top 60 shooting guard barely saw the floor last year besides garbage minutes.