• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nole vs Federer....

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed is on but Nole is subpar. This is coming from a strong Fedfan. That said the difference between these two is almost on a nano level. The reason why Djoko folded in the second is twofold
1) psychological letdown after relinquishing the serve in the 11th game on the first set
2) his wrist injury not letting him get to the extra gear that a healthy Novak can get to forcing a deciding set.

It's basically a toss up when these two play and a slight factor can decide the outcome, today it's Fed's turn to come out on top.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Swiss final tomorrow. It's gonna be a close battle tomorrow with two guys who have found their true form recently and playing well at the same time. Fed can rest easy that there is no Nadal or a lefty or even a two handed bh or weird gamesmanship on the other side of the net. All factors are even and the winner will be decided on the racquet holder's game. Whoever brings it wins. I am happy either way.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed was the better player from point one until the end. Nole showed some real grit in the first set to get those two set points. Once he lost, you knew it was done. Whether it was the wrist or some illness (he did look nauseous, I thought), he wasn't there. Instead of chasing down balls and hitting his normal shots, he'd throw up a cop-out lob for Fed to kill an overhead. It wasn't his finest hour, for sure.

Meanwhile, this means that as of Monday, the person with the most points through 1/3 of 2014 will be Swiss. Djokovic has 3,050. Nadal 2,775. Even if Stan loses, he'll pass both of them with 3,135 and he'll get 400 more if wins. For Fed, he has 2,920 if he loses and 3,320 if he wins. Fed was a third set breaker away from being 1,000 points up on Nadal and Nole in 2014.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chocolates for everyone!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad to see roger win, always

nole is definitely hurt

congrats to nadal for yet another french open title if nole isn't well by then

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djokovic lost his Monte Carlo Masters title on Saturday after being beaten by Roger Federer in the semifinal, where the Serb played with heavy strapping on his right wrist and was unable to serve or return to his usual level.
"I just rest now. I cannot play tennis for some time. How long, I don't know. It's really not in my hands anymore," Djokovic said. "I'm going to rest and see when it can heal 100 percent, then I will be back on the court."
There was some bright news, however.

"Well, the good thing is I don't need to have a surgery. I don't have any rupture or something like that," Djokovic said. "I'm going to go see doctors tonight and then tomorrow again have another MRI (scan), see if anything changed in this seven days since I had the last one."

He does not know what the exact injury is.

Novak Djokovic taking time off to treat sore wrist - ESPN

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad to see roger win, always

nole is definitely hurt

congrats to nadal for yet another french open title if nole isn't well by then

Not so fast. There are a whole bunch of good clay courters other than Nadal. The only new picture that is emerging is that the field has leveled somewhat. Anyone can beat anyone on a given day. That aura of invincibility is gone for Nadal on all surfaces. Anyone with good movement and a double handed backhand can take Nadal down even on clay. The thing that I dislike about Nadal is that he continues to stick to old coaches and old routines and his game has stopped evolving and reached a plateau. When he loses he tends to pass it off as an injury when in reality he has stopped growing as a player and the rest of the field is nipping at his heels. His getting older also has something to do with the latest situation as well as having won 13 majors ( no easy feat).

The major forces Djoko, Federer, Stan have all reinvented their games and with change of coach or equipment are getting an edge over the field while Nasal has hit an all time high state of stagnancy.

I particularly would like Djoko to win the French open but of course he needs to earn his title with some good matches, but his wrist is suspect. He really should have won last year and the previous year.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast...That aura of invincibility is gone for Nadal on all surfaces.

grass and hard courts, yes.

not on clay at the french, though. he's 59-1, and hasn't even been taken to a 5th set in the final.

the only player anybody could reasonably expect to beat nadal there (if he's healthy) is nole

it would be wonderful if a player proved me wrong, because i would much rather see somebody else win the french.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.....Hard to anyone but Novak beating Rafa 3 of 5 on clay

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00