• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nolan blast Leino

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time....

Sabres' Nolan on Leino: 'It doesn't matter what your skill level is. It's nothing with no will'

Ville Leino has no goals in 30 games. He takes less than one shot per outing. He seems uninterested some nights.

Add it all up and it results in a fourth-line role and a spot in Ted Nolan's doghouse.

Leino skated at center today with left wing John Scott and right wing Matt Ellis. He'll likely be there Tuesday when the Sabres host Florida.

"We’re looking for people that want to compete and want to work," Nolan said in First Niagara Center. "It doesn’t matter what your skill level is. It’s nothing with no will. We have to get him competing at a certain level. Some days he shows it. Some days he doesn’t.

"You're frustrated with most people that don’t do it on a consistent basis. He’s showed some signs lately."

Leino continues to provide evidence he may be the worst free-agent signing in NHL history. In the third season of his six-year, $27 million deal, Leino has no goals, six assists and a minus-8 rating in 30 games. He has taken just 22 shots, which ranks 575th in the league. He has no points in the last eight outings.

Reading the comments, Leino has ZERO support from the fans. This guy SUCKS!!!

Sabres' Nolan on Leino: 'It doesn't matter what your skill level is. It's nothing with no will' - Sabres Edge - The Buffalo News

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Scott has more goals than Leino....That say's it all.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sad at this point - because Ville was a really good player with the Flyers

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sad at this point - because Ville was a really good player with the Flyers

I thought it was a good move when they signed him. It was a little pricey but like you said I thought he would be better. Maybe the big contract made him lazy but to read "Leino continues to provide evidence he may be the worst free-agent signing in NHL history". Is pretty damning.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that lazy habit has always been with him. it's why detroit got rid of him

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that lazy habit has always been with him. it's why detroit got rid of him

Like some of the comments posters made on the News site, it's too bad the ass hole GM we had before didn't realize this. Now we're stuck with his stupid contract.

How does it work when you buy a player out? Does the team take the full hit or is it adjusted as far as the cap goes? That area of the CBA I'm not familiar with.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was dominant with Briere and Hartnell on that playoff run

Guy has obviously checked out after getting the big deal

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like some of the comments posters made on the News site, it's too bad the ass hole GM we had before didn't realize this. Now we're stuck with his stupid contract.

How does it work when you buy a player out? Does the team take the full hit or is it adjusted as far as the cap goes? That area of the CBA I'm not familiar with.

I still think you can give him the compliance buyout after this season - unless you guys already used two of them?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Flyer fans were laughing at us for letting go of him. We were all like :crazy:

Well to be fair, the Flyers did steal him in that trade - that was one of the more one sided deals when you consider his production with the Flyers - to be fair at the same time, the talent level isn't as great in Buffalo as it was with the Flyers, so maybe that's part of it - and it doesn't help when they've been using him on the 4th line - might as well use him on one of the top lines and get something out of him - it might re-energize him

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think you can give him the compliance buyout after this season - unless you guys already used two of them?

Buffalo did not use any compliance buyouts, so that is an option.

Boss, the best site to check anything buyout related is the buyout calculator on CapGeek:
NHL Buyout Calculator

Enter the player's name and the buyout date (it defaults to the next off-season) and you get your cash amount and cap hits. It only does "normal course" buyouts though, not compliance buyouts.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see compliance buy out at the end of the season him playing in Ilves Tampere next season.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real kicker on whether Leino gets bought out is his health.

Not only has he sucked when in the lineup, but he's been hurt a ton, and you can't buyout a player who is injured.

A lot of people believe that's how Leino even survived last off-season's buyout period.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only has he sucked when in the lineup, but he's been hurt a ton, and you can't buyout a player who is injured.

A lot of people believe that's how Leino even survived last off-season's buyout period.

That's another disturbing thing about Leino, he's Tim Connolly part two. How much of that is he's really injured or he just doesn't give a shit. It blows me away that these guy's get millions of dollars and he could make millions more if he would just give an effort, He is young enough where if he was putting up numbers the next contract would have been pretty decent but if there's a GM out there right now that would pay him over a million a year he has rocks in his head.

This guy is just terrible, he makes Alexei Yashin look like Wayne Gretzky

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that part that blows me away is the lack of shots. That shows to me zero care attitude. Man this guy won the lotto.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if hes on the active roster playing hurt even buffalo knows hes playing hurt they can still buy him out as he is active no?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hes on the active roster playing hurt even buffalo knows hes playing hurt they can still buy him out as he is active no?

That's the way I understand it. He could go on IR the last game of the season and Buffalo has to keep him.

Now, what are the waiver rules? If they waive him and he gets picked up, do the Sabres have to pay?

I know if he goes to the Minors he's still on the cap because he has a one way contract.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way I understand it. He could go on IR the last game of the season and Buffalo has to keep him.

Now, what are the waiver rules? If they waive him and he gets picked up, do the Sabres have to pay?

I know if he goes to the Minors he's still on the cap because he has a one way contract.

Good question 43. I think they pay a percentage of his salary but not sure. If they didn't have to pay some of it teams would do it more often, ESP in Leinos case. I don't think he has much trade value so I'd waive him in a heart beat.